JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   JF is unique (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/27884-japan-forum-unique.html)

darksyndrem 09-25-2009 02:02 PM

JF is unique

I was thinking the other day, about how much this place sucks and how a lot of people hate it, and I realized how unique, not this place, but the people here are. I don't think you would ever meet people anywhere else like the people here...don't get me wrong, it's not necessarily a good thing (or a bad thing, really). But, where else would you find a kid that openly talks about how he got drunk at a friends house and almost died, and has a bunch of fines now? Or randomly post pictures of yourself in your underwear? Not just that, but think about how different everyone here is...not from everyone else in the world, but from each other. We have guys that wear a bunch of girls clothing, and people that think we're all gay...guys wearing make up, and shaving random parts of their body...and girls that like it......and hate it ofc. The diversity of this place is pretty crazy imo, but maybe it's just me.

GTJ 09-25-2009 02:05 PM

Aren't you projecting?

Quote:

but maybe it's just me.
I think it is just you. There's a bunch of hyperactive weaboo 14-17 yr olds, and then a couple expats living in Japan (adults), and a few more adults who lived in Japan, are back in their home countries, and have mature, nice things to add to conversations. Then like two or three actual Japanese people.

Columbine 09-25-2009 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darksyndrem (Post 773457)
I was thinking the other day, about how much this place sucks and how a lot of people hate it, and I realized how unique, not this place, but the people here are. I don't think you would ever meet people anywhere else like the people here...don't get me wrong, it's not necessarily a good thing (or a bad thing, really). But, where else would you find a kid that openly talks about how he got drunk at a friends house and almost died, and has a bunch of fines now? Or randomly post pictures of yourself in your underwear? Not just that, but think about how different everyone here is...not from everyone else in the world, but from each other. We have guys that wear a bunch of girls clothing, and people that think we're all gay...guys wearing make up, and shaving random parts of their body...and girls that like it......and hate it ofc. The diversity of this place is pretty crazy imo, but maybe it's just me.

BWHAHAHAH, oh man. This place is interesting, for sure, but it's in no way unique. Actually, if it stands out for anything, it's that it's member's are kinda polite and well behaved in comparison to other sites.

You clearly haven't been around the internet enough.

darksyndrem 09-25-2009 03:36 PM

You guys pretty much just proved some of what I said, but this thread is already trash

ozkai 09-25-2009 03:56 PM

Quote:

The diversity of this place is pretty crazy imo, but maybe it's just me.

I can't se a big difference with any other internet forum.

I moderated the Casio G-Shock forum for many years. It was part of the largest watch forum on the internet.

Some crazy and fun stuff wnet on for a long time and A watch ended up being passed through many hands around the world from one user to the next.

Meetings were even held between members in Australia, Singapore, the US, the UK, Hong Kong, Japan and Thailand.

We had announcements of fathers passing away, condolences being posted, all sorts of things.

It was basically a community.

As GT said, this fourm has a VERY wide and varied user structure ranging from kids, teenagers wearing fancy dress to hide bods, and oldies.

TyreaL 09-25-2009 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Columbine (Post 773470)
BWHAHAHAH, oh man. This place is interesting, for sure, but it's in no way unique. Actually, if it stands out for anything, it's that it's member's are kinda polite and well behaved in comparison to other sites.

one of the things that drew my attention long time ago about this site .. which is a great thing about this forum having such polite well mannered members , which make it UNIQUE .. unlike the other forums

thanks for the topic ..

keep it up .. ^_^

your sincerely
Tyreal
:vsign:

ozkai 09-25-2009 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TyreaL (Post 773479)
one the things that drew my attention long time ago about this site ..

:vsign:

Please watch your language;)

TyreaL 09-25-2009 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozkai (Post 773481)
Please watch your language;)

I'm sorry , but i didn't say anything wrong , i was complimenting the forum ..

that the forum has a well mannered members and polite ..

you misunderstood my reply my friend

^_^

Tsuzuki 09-25-2009 08:27 PM

Quote:

lol no your right <3 I kinda think in the same way ^^ thats the reason why I'm still here :p

darksyndrem 09-25-2009 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tsuzuki (Post 773512)
lol no your right <3 I kinda think in the same way ^^ thats the reason why I'm still here :p

I'm glad someone agrees :mtongue:
It is definately the only reason I'm still here....that and I don't have another forum to go to :S