JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Klint (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Right Brained vs Left Brain Illusion Test - 09-27-2009, 08:00 PM

Is it spinning clockwise, or counter-clockwise?

Personally I see it spinning clockwise, though if I look at it at the right moment it seems to spin counter-clockwise. Maybe that means I'm both right and left brained.

Oh well, I still don't think there's enough research about this theory to find it convincing.

"Wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world?"
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

09-27-2009, 08:21 PM

This video is awesome. A minute ago I wanted say it's bullsh*t, because she's spinning clockwise now matter how I look at it (without the help), but after I watched it the second time, she was spinning in both ways.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Allene7 (Offline)
The Nymphic Ninja

09-27-2009, 08:24 PM

I can see it spinning both ways. At first I could only see it spinning counter clockwise but then I started the video over a little ways into it and I saw it spinning clockwise. Each time I started the video over it switched which way I was seeing. How weird!
(#4 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
09-27-2009, 08:28 PM

You can change it by yourself. Try focus on her standing leg and you can. I've got used to it now. There's a site with an infinite loop of the video. Can't be bothered to search for it.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Allene7 (Offline)
The Nymphic Ninja

09-27-2009, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
You can change it by yourself. Try focus on her standing leg and you can. I've got used to it now. There's a site with an infinite loop of the video. Can't be bothered to search for it.
I tried to do that and stared at her leg for a long time but I couldn't get it to change. It only changed when I started the video over. I don't have the patience or willingness to stare any longer, lol.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Piddy (Offline)
吸血鬼

09-27-2009, 08:35 PM

At first I thought it was fake, because with the help lines it was so obvious which direction it was spinning at, but when I compared them for a few minutes, I realised that it's for real! So scary! I saw it as clockwise ^^

ピッディ
(#7 (permalink))
Old
darksyndrem (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via MSN to darksyndrem
09-27-2009, 08:37 PM

wow I saw it as clockwise first...and couldn't get it to go counter-clockwise for the longest time O_O
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Klint (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-27-2009, 08:40 PM

^I found a site that has a looped GIF of it.
At one point while I was staring at this, it looked like she was alternating between clockwise and counter-clockwise every half revolution, so it looked like she was constantly bouncing back and forth.

The Spinning Silhouette Optical Illusion

"Wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world?"

Last edited by Klint : 09-27-2009 at 08:44 PM.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
IamKira (Offline)
Sulfer + KClO3 + Cu(1)Cl

09-27-2009, 08:55 PM

This all depends on perspective... as the viewer, we see the girl from the side.. i.e. there is no allocation as per the way she turns... if you imagine her from the top, she will be spinning clockwise.. from the bottom -counterclockwise.
most of us immediately think clockwise because we would rather view her from a high vantage point... it's only natural because we like to increase our dominance over others as much as possible. a high vantage point is one method of making the impression of superiority. simply human nature.
also, to view someone or something from below is usually more disorientating than from above...

IamKira
(#10 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
09-27-2009, 08:59 PM

Try rotate your finger pointing at the leg that is rotating. change your finger direction and follow that direction with your eyes. It's easy to change.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?