(#301 (permalink))
Old
alanX (Offline)
The Psychedelic Traveler

Send a message via Skype™ to alanX
10-19-2009, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Actually from George Bush himself. He said his "biggest regret" in office was going to war in Iraq based on bad intelligence.

Interview: Iraq war my biggest regret, Bush admits | World news | The Guardian
"The biggest regret of all the presidency has to have been the intelligence failure in Iraq."

Even if you were right, it's still not bushes fault. Taken from the same page

"It wasn't just people in my administration; a lot of members in Congress, prior to my arrival in Washington DC, during the debate on Iraq, a lot of leaders of nations around the world, were all looking at the same intelligence."

猿も木から落ちる
(#302 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-19-2009, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanX View Post
"The biggest regret of all the presidency has to have been the intelligence failure in Iraq."

Even if you were right, it's still not bushes fault. Taken from the same page

"It wasn't just people in my administration; a lot of members in Congress, prior to my arrival in Washington DC, during the debate on Iraq, a lot of leaders of nations around the world, were all looking at the same intelligence."
I am just responding to the fact that you think his greatest accomplishment is, in his eyes, his biggest regret.
(#303 (permalink))
Old
IamKira (Offline)
Sulfer + KClO3 + Cu(1)Cl

10-19-2009, 02:31 AM

Quote:
I am just responding to the fact that you think his greatest accomplishment is, in his eyes, his biggest regret.
don't bother MMM, this guy is just giving warre\ant-less claims and is obviously so shrouded by bias that he is unwilling to question his disposition...

i have no problem w/ someone making a claim and sticking to it, but you need to supply backing, as in facts... and you should never be so one sided that you completely block yourself from even considering the oppositions thought on the subject

IamKira

Last edited by IamKira : 10-19-2009 at 02:59 AM.
(#304 (permalink))
Old
alanX (Offline)
The Psychedelic Traveler

10-19-2009, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamKira View Post
i have no problem in making a claim and sticking to it, but you need to supply backing, as in facts... and you should never be so one sided that you completely block yourself from even consdering the oppositions thought on the subject
God, what are you talking about, kid? I never ever did any of these things you just said. Get out of this thread, you don't even know what's going on.

Let me try:
You just said a collaboration of arbitrary sentences totally irrelevant to the debate at hand, in order make your argument seem more rationalized, not to mention the exiguous lack of competent English.

See, I can do it too. It doesn't make you appear more intelligent.

" "

猿も木から落ちる

Last edited by alanX : 10-19-2009 at 02:45 AM.
(#305 (permalink))
Old
IamKira (Offline)
Sulfer + KClO3 + Cu(1)Cl

10-19-2009, 02:53 AM

Quote:
God, what are you talking about, kid? I never ever did any of these things you just said. Get out of this thread, you don't even know what's going on.
excuse me,... all you have been doing is saying " Bush is good "... " bush never did anything wrong "... etc.

let me explain how the argument process works young one.
first, you must, in your case, make a statement... (at this point, you can leave that statement in tact and end it at that.. this is what we call a warrant-less claim)
next, if you decide to back up your remarks you need evidence and possibly some citation... although that's usually not necessary w/ information that is widely accepted as being fact
k?

and i do sincerely disagree with your request for me to leave the thread. simply because i oppose you and am obviously more intelligent, or at least can construct a better case than you, you move straight to a short demeanor

remember, anger is generally the first refuge of the ignorant

and i always include a heart at the end of my posts...
sometimes three

IamKira

Last edited by IamKira : 10-19-2009 at 02:55 AM.
(#306 (permalink))
Old
alanX (Offline)
The Psychedelic Traveler

10-19-2009, 03:08 AM

Quote:
and i do sincerely disagree with your request for me to leave the thread. simply because i oppose you and am obviously more intelligent, or at least can construct a better case than you, you move straight to a short demeanor
You are constructing a claim. A very poor claim, but a claim.
But, the claim has nothing to do with anything. You're telling me how people debate one another. What does that have to with Obama or Bush?

Are you sure you're talking to the right person? Because I don't know what you're trying to get at.

Quote:

remember, anger is generally the first refuge of the ignorant
Who's angry?

猿も木から落ちる
(#307 (permalink))
Old
TyreaL (Offline)
きぼう

Send a message via MSN to TyreaL
10-19-2009, 08:02 AM

Quote:
I'm not going to argue about the American government with an individual who can't even properly speak English.

Yes, I agree.
Still, either way you look at it, it's not entirely Bush's fault.
Personally I think he (or Cheney) was a great president, and did what needed to be done.
he was great yeah , and his greatest accomplishments was the current economical crisis in America , the war in Iraq , the war in Afghanistan ..

Many historians are now wondering whether Bush, in fact, will be remembered as the worst president in all of American history.

You can't be serious about this , are you?

president Obama is cleaning his mess up ..

However , this is your point of view and I respect it ..

Quote:
Actually from George Bush himself. He said his "biggest regret" in office was going to war in Iraq based on bad intelligence.

Interview: Iraq war my biggest regret, Bush admits | World news | The Guardian

Thank you MMM

^_^

Last edited by TyreaL : 10-19-2009 at 08:07 AM.
(#308 (permalink))
Old
samurai007 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-19-2009, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyreaL View Post
he was great yeah , and his greatest accomplishments was the current economical crisis in America , the war in Iraq , the war in Afghanistan ..

Many historians are now wondering whether Bush, in fact, will be remembered as the worst president in all of American history.

You can't be serious about this , are you?

president Obama is cleaning his mess up ..

However , this is your point of view and I respect it ..

Thank you MMM

^_^
Obama (along with Chris Dodd and Barney Frank) are responsible for the economic mess, as they caused the collapse of Freddie Mac and Fannie May. Bush warned against it repeatedly, but was ignored.

JET Program, 1996-98, Wakayama-ken, Hashimoto-shi

Link to pictures from my time in Japan
(#309 (permalink))
Old
TyreaL (Offline)
きぼう

Send a message via MSN to TyreaL
10-19-2009, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai007 View Post
Obama (along with Chris Dodd and Barney Frank) are responsible for the economic mess, as they caused the collapse of Freddie Mac and Fannie May. Bush warned against it repeatedly, but was ignored.
How come ?

when President obama won the election the U.S was already in the middle of the economical crisis . It is not Obama's fault ..

it is actually bush's great mistake ..

^_^

(#310 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-19-2009, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai007 View Post
The deregulation of mortgage lenders like Freddie Mac and Fannie May happened under the Bush administration and the Republican Congress.

The failure of Freddie Mac and Fannie May happened months before Obama was even elected.

Bailout attempts were not what cursed these huge mortgage lenders but deregulation in billions in bad loans. Why lend $200,000 at an ARM low interest rate when you can make 50% more money lending $300,000? The only problem is when the interest changes so dramatically so suddenly, then suddenly you have hundreds of millions of dollars in loans that will quickly default.

Last edited by MMM : 10-19-2009 at 09:29 AM.