JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: What do you think of me?
Woah, you're annoyingly-weird! o_O 5 9.62%
You're a cool person! 14 26.92%
You're okay, I guess. 12 23.08%
AnCafe obsessed *(Nyappy!)* 3 5.77%
Really cool! 3 5.77%
Kinda annoying. 7 13.46%
Ehh. 19 36.54%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Dondake (Offline)
curlupwithabook-&-sleep

05-10-2009, 12:37 PM

Name: Megan

+

Coming to you from: Oh~~~ Canada... (dan dan dan) baloney and sardines...

+

First Breath: February 22nd, 1996.

+

Intentions and whatnot: Hmm... well, I would love teach English in this beautiful country. Since I was a kid, I've always wanted to be a teacher. I would really like to be a kindergarten teacher, but I'd have more luck with elementary-high school, so I guess that's what I want to do. ^^; I have a lot of dreams, but my biggest is to go here, so even if from the bottom of my heart I don't get my dream job, if I can have my dream country, I know I can be happy! ^_^

+

Why do you want to go to Japan: I want to go to Japan because it is so rich in culture. Japan is a very misunderstood country, as well, and many westerners see Japan as 'Ching chong wong wing' or 'slant-eyes'.

As a child, I wasn't really very normal (shocker, huh?) and instead of Barney, I'd sit down watching Hamtaro, Sailor Moon, Pokemon and Dragon Ball Z. (I had bad choice...) I began drawing Sailor Moon a lot. I suddenly became so absorbed in this style that I could sit for hours and hours just doodling 'Sailor Moon' people.

When I got a little older, I used the internet and discovered this was called 'anime and manga' and I realized this is what I had been drawing all of my life. I never quit for a second, it was my passion. Today, it still is

Then, in grade 4, my teacher who I will never forget showed me Japan. We read a book about a Japanese girl who was an artist, but got hurt by the Nagasaki bombing (is that it?) and couldn't paint anymore. (I remember the name: Mieko and the Fifth Treasure) I can't remember anymore, but our teacher taught us kanji, and one week instead of a spelling test we had a kanji test! We were shown how to count to ten and say the basics like, 'hot', 'cool', 'cute'. That was also the year I met one of my best friends, who was also influenced by our teacher. Everything went uphill from there.

Eventually, my friend forgot about Japan, but Japan has been my life forever, and I'm ready to go. ^^;;

(Wow, how long~)

+

Favourite Manga/Anime: Any sappy shoujo. ^^;; (Clannad is the best, however...)

Last edited by Dondake : 05-10-2009 at 12:46 PM.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
lawlolawl (Offline)
New to JF

05-11-2009, 03:36 AM

Name: Jessica
Coming to you from: Canada
First Breath: February 16th.
Intentions and whatnot: To meet new peeps and to learn more about Japan.
Why do you want to go to Japan: Lots of reasons
Favourite Manga/Anime: Sailor moon, school days, higurashi no naku koro ni, DearS, Girl's High, High school debut, bleach, nana, chobits
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Notsomuch (Offline)
New to JF

Wondering If - 05-11-2009, 05:52 PM

Coming to you from: US
intentions and whatnot: Debating on coming with my family to Japan for a few years. Also, I need all the help and advice on being able to afford to send my two little ones (2 years old and 5 years old) to school.
why [did] you want to go to japan: To try something new and to share an experience in Japan with our kids.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Piddy (Offline)
吸血鬼

05-14-2009, 04:05 PM

Hi, nice to meet you all! ^^

Name: Ida
Coming to you from: Sweden
First Breath: August 20th 1991
Intentions and whatnot: Studying japanese, preferably in Japan for a while.
Why do you want to go to Japan: It's the country of my dreams, I love everything about it. They are so different over there, it's so fascinating. Plus, it's very beautiful.
Favourite Manga/Anime: Power!!, Air Gear, Higurashi no naku koro ni kai, Vampire Knight, God Child, Chrono Crusade, Lucky Star
When it comes to other interests then japan I like dancing, though I've been on a major break recently so I lost most of my skills, but I'm recovering! x3
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Chiyoko (Offline)
Banned

Chiyoko - 05-14-2009, 04:51 PM

Name:Jessica
Coming to you from: California
intentions: just to have fun and meet friends
Why do you want to go to Japan:because acouple years ago me and 2 of my closest friends made plan bcuz we wanted to have a fun time and vacation when we r out of high school and stuff
Favourite Manga/Anime: kamichama karin, bleach, black cat, there r way more than i can evn remember so ill jus leave it at tht
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Atakicat (Offline)
JF Nomad

Send a message via AIM to Atakicat
05-14-2009, 05:40 PM

Welcome to JF, Piddy and chiyoko!
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Piddy (Offline)
吸血鬼

05-14-2009, 08:14 PM

Thank you, Atakicat. This forum seems to be a lot of fun, it will be interesting to learn more about it!
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Shed (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to Shed Send a message via Skype™ to Shed
05-15-2009, 02:48 AM

Name: Shed
Location: Kelowna, BC Canada; originally from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Birthday: July 2, 1989

Intentions: Really, my girlfriend gimpykitty showed me here. I figured I'd join. We both intend to go to Japan to study for a term or a year within the next two years, so it might be interesting to meet to some Japanese originals.

Japan: I'm most interested in Japan for the culture, especially the traditional culture. There are so many aspects of Japanese culture that are better than Western cultures. Of course, my love for Japanese music and my (mild) interest in anime, manga and video games also figures into that.

Anime/Manga: I don't really watch anime or read manga much at all, and it's not exactly lack of interest. However, I have watched Pokémon, Digimon (both quite a while ago), Love Hina, Wolf's Rain (both entirely), and bits and pieces of other ones. I have read even less.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
NAPS (Offline)
New to JF

05-15-2009, 09:18 PM

Name: Callum

Coming to you from: England

First Breath: 6/12/1990

Intentions and whatnot: Meet people, particularly Japanese. I want to learn more about the culture because i am planning a visit very soon

Why do you want to go to Japan: To further my martial arts, enjoy beautifull scenery and whatnot, but getting to the point really is a visit to Akihabara (games, games, games, games...) because i love technology, im not a hardcore Otaku but im probably on my way to being one

More about me: Well as of this September im going to university to study Optometry or basically i want to be an eye doctor. Im an avid samurai fan and have been training in karate, aikido and sword arts for 2 years now, its good excercise and very interesting. I love anime and my current favorite (note current, it changes ^.^) is "Code Geass, Le Louch of the rebellion". Finally i like heavy bass, rave style, im into Dubstep, D&B, Jungle and Hip Hop.

So hows about a hello?
(#20 (permalink))
Old
YagamiLight (Offline)
New to JF

05-16-2009, 02:25 PM

Name: Kevin
Coming to you from: The Netherlands
Birthday: 3/18/1986

Intentions: I want to know more about the Japanese culture, I also hope to meet some new friends here.

Anime/Manga: I have a great passion for Anime/Manga. A couple of anime series that I watch are: Death Note, Naruto, Ghost Hunt, Trinity Blood, Bleach and much more. I also love reading Manga ^^

Why do you want to go to Japan: I love the Japanese culture and everything that has to do with it. Japan is a very beautiful country to visit or to live.
I really hope I can visit Japan in the near future someday.

Well...nice to meet you all!! ^^