LinkBack Thread Tools
(#181 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

12-14-2009, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkai View Post
God help your wife one day if one was ever stupid enough to accept your proposal
*Sigh*

Your constant attempts to mock me are getting tiresome, Ozkai. Real tiring.

Think it might be time to grow up you think? I thought you was above such childish, judgemental comments.

You know what I think of you. I know what you think of me.

Now move on, and start to reply properly, and maturely, or I'll have to end up reporting you.

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#182 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

12-14-2009, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvanas View Post

Now move on, and start to reply properly, and maturely, or I'll have to end up reporting you.
Lol........

Cheers - Oz
(#183 (permalink))
Old
clintjm (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-15-2009, 05:36 AM

Are they melting or aren't they?

Link:
Himalayan Glaciers Not Melting

BBC a week ago:
BBC News - Himalayan glaciers melting deadline 'a mistake'

It can't even be decided if glaciers are melting faster than usual let alone if the recorded warming trend is man-made.

Last edited by clintjm : 12-15-2009 at 06:57 AM.
(#184 (permalink))
Old
WhoIsDaffy (Offline)
Banned

12-15-2009, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzorian View Post

So what if the globe is getting warmer, really, what's so bad about that?
erm..

Eat food much?

last years global food surplus was about 200 million tonnes, thats not much.

All 1st world countries import lots of thier food. (Japan only grows/fishes 40% of the food it consumes)

what happens when the 3rd world countries suddenly dont have enough food to sustain themselves, let alone sell?

35-60% of an entire nations food is not just going to be magixed out of the sky. Thats hunderends and thousands of millions of tonnes.

Also if you actually read the document I linked, not only would you know this and not show yourself to be ignorant (the knoledge is there, if you cant be bothered to rtead it, thats ignorance), you would also be able to see which countries are going to have water shortages.

there are too many people harpin' on in this thread who have no idea what they are talking about.
only regurgitating what they have heard on
Chicken Noodle Network, the Fox propoganda channel or the British Brainwashing Corporation.

learn first, dont blindly propogate the spin
(#185 (permalink))
Old
clintjm (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-15-2009, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsDaffy View Post
erm..

Eat food much?

last years global food surplus was about 200 million tonnes, thats not much.

All 1st world countries import lots of thier food. (Japan only grows/fishes 40% of the food it consumes)

what happens when the 3rd world countries suddenly dont have enough food to sustain themselves, let alone sell?

35-60% of an entire nations food is not just going to be magixed out of the sky. Thats hunderends and thousands of millions of tonnes.

Also if you actually read the document I linked, not only would you know this and not show yourself to be ignorant (the knoledge is there, if you cant be bothered to rtead it, thats ignorance), you would also be able to see which countries are going to have water shortages.

there are too many people harpin' on in this thread who have no idea what they are talking about.
only regurgitating what they have heard on
Chicken Noodle Network, the Fox propoganda channel or the British Brainwashing Corporation.

learn first, dont blindly propogate the spin
Could you provide us with some of your research or links that link this to man made global warming. The last document you linked in didn't provide that link.

There are nations with food and water shortages, and there always will be, but I missing the link between climate change (global cooling or warming) that it is Man made or that we can refreeze glaciers on a whim.

I think there are plenty of objective research throughout this thread, not just from the news networks that simply provide an outlet for the groups that do research on both sides. If you had read any further into the subject other than a government grab of a document from (Dec of 2000?!), you would have noticed that CNN and the BBC have mostly pushed the fact that globabl warming is man-made.

I'm dissapointed that you couldn't figure out a cooky achronym for Fox News like you did for CNN and the BBC.

It is possible that people read that document and either didn't have a comment on it, or just didn't satisfy them.

You impatience for a reply on it will make people avoid it like the plague.

I for one don't believe the sky is falling. You seem to.
Give us your opinion and your research, and occasional poem from Al Gore, but when your attack people on a personal note or where their outlet for research gathering, it shows you can't back up your argument and thus have lost the argument.

Last edited by clintjm : 12-15-2009 at 05:00 PM.
(#186 (permalink))
Old
WhoIsDaffy (Offline)
Banned

12-15-2009, 05:18 PM

I refer you to page 35 (pictured)

the sky is not falling in on me.

I live in the first world.

I am not your teacher, go learn.

im not in the game of pointing fingers if its man or nature responsible for the change in our climate.
my personal opinion is that its blatantly man made, but im not going to bother arguing the case because there is sod good that is going to do.

its happening. if you can't see that then your blind.

how many 1 in a 1000 year storms/floods/droughts etc. are happeneing every year?

why do you think the price of food is going up so much?

its common sense
Attached Images
File Type: jpg water.JPG (54.4 KB, 20 views)
(#187 (permalink))
Old
clintjm (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-15-2009, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsDaffy View Post
I refer you to page 35 (pictured)
the sky is not falling in on me.
I live in the first world.
I am not your teacher, go learn.
im not in the game of pointing fingers if its man or nature responsible for the change in our climate.
my personal opinion is that its blatantly man made, but im not going to bother arguing the case because there is sod good that is going to do.

its happening. if you can't see that then your blind.

how many 1 in a 1000 year storms/floods/droughts etc. are happeneing every year?

why do you think the price of food is going up so much?

its common sense
I fell into the hole of the argument is it man-made or not again which MMM posted about earlier.
I'm not saying that there isn't an issue with water shortages or problems with crops due to weather.

Weather is going to happen. The planet is ever changing. Lakes are going to dry up and new ones are going to be created. Glaciers are going to melt in some places and get bigger in other.

When the politicians get together for this little summit its all about power and money. So you should give a sod about it. Should countries spend themselves into oblivion for science that may or may not reduce co2 and methane levels by .003 percent over so many years and it is looking as if this won't make a fraction of a degree difference.

Many can't agree that its global cooling now or global warming.
Countries and aid should be given to those who need it to help to learn to adapt to the changing world. Teach them and help them make water reserves and alternative agriculture. This to bare the weather , not try to change it. Mother nature can't be controlled.

Yes you are right, aid should be given to these poor countries is poor climate, that is just moral. But we shouldn't destroy first world economies for the elite who hunger for power out of greed and put first world nations in a position to be blamed for the third world woes.

Again though, personal attacks...

Storms overall down this year.
(#188 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

12-16-2009, 02:58 AM

Not to mention that fact that warmer temps mean LONGER growing seasons, more C02 means larger plants, melting ice means more water in the air wich brings more rain. This is all basic science I learned in Jr. High.

Again, most of the hype is general scare mongering to try and ensnare unsuspecting nations into looseing thier sovereignty.
(#189 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

12-16-2009, 03:21 AM

Left unmentioned in the argument is that warmer weather and increased Co2 have increased the amount of food being grown around the world. Increased Co2 has allowed for a reduction in the use of fertilizers by as much as 15%.

The lack of drinking water is not related to global warming. Population growth is the cause. When a billion or so people in India need to drink, clean themselves, and irrigate their crops, a lot of water is used. How much water does a single person use in a day? How much water do a billion people use?

California has a water crisis, and the states of Arizona and Nevada are all fighting over who gets how much of the water which comes down the Colorado river. The water levels in Lake Mead have been falling for years, yet the amount of water which comes down the river has remained constant. The problem is quadrupling (or more) of populations, and the water necessary to bath and feed those people.

And, even if global warming were evaporating lakes and rivers, where does evaporated water go? It doesn't disappear into space, it forms clouds, which then produce more rain. Increased global warming should, in fact, be increasing rainfall. How stupid are people?

But, it's not about the science. It's about developing countries which want rich countries to give them money. It's about politicians who want to use increased regulation to increase their own political power. In other words, it has less to do with the environment than it does personal selfishness, greed, and envy, which are the same root issues which always bring misery to the world.

Copenhagen is a farce, a meeting of power-hungry hypocrites who pretend to care for others when in reality they are only in it for themselves. 40,000 tons of Co2 were generated by this non-event, for the sake of bureaucrats to travel to Europe and live fat cats in 5 star hotels and show how important they are.
(#190 (permalink))
Old
burkhartdesu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-16-2009, 03:31 AM

I believe in Global Warming, Global Cooling, and Global Climate Change... Because, after all, climate does change... It's been changing for millions of years, why is everyone so surprised?

What about the Ice-Age? Or the Medieval Warming Period? Should we not look at history?

People are grossly underestimating the power of the Sun, which if I'm not mistaken, is an unpredictable ball of gas that dictates the weather as we know it.

I don't think man has a significant impact on climate change, and I also don't think the majority of scientists believe [global] man-made climate change is real, or even possible illustrate.

This is just another way to fear people into a global "New World Order" governance.