JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
WhoIsDaffy (Offline)
Banned

The big bad bomb. - 12-16-2009, 04:34 PM

Seeing as how japan is a "virtual" nuclear power.
even countries such as holland, germany and turkey have the capabilities of dropping nuclear bombs using thier own airforce.

do we have any right to stop Iran developing the nuclear bomb?

sure nukes are bad,
but no-one stopped india and pakistan.

Is the global community putting sanctions on Iran out of security concerns that are genuine, is it purely politics, or could it be both?

following the new solid rocket missle test by iran,

I wonder what the JFers think our venerable leaders should do about this situation.

do we war?
sanction?
or non of the above?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
darksyndrem (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via MSN to darksyndrem
12-16-2009, 04:48 PM

The real question is: Should we change the forum's name to PoliticForum for a more accurate description, or keep Japanforum for the sake of fangirls?
(#3 (permalink))
Old
clintjm (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-16-2009, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsDaffy View Post
Seeing as how japan is a "virtual" nuclear power.
even countries such as holland, germany and turkey have the capabilities of dropping nuclear bombs using thier own airforce.

do we have any right to stop Iran developing the nuclear bomb?

sure nukes are bad,
but no-one stopped india and pakistan.

Is the global community putting sanctions on Iran out of security concerns that are genuine, is it purely politics, or could it be both?

following the new solid rocket missle test by iran,

I wonder what the JFers think our venerable leaders should do about this situation.

do we war?
sanction?
or non of the above?
Who is we? Japan, the UN or another nuclear power? Put some form, grammar, and some spelling into your post; you're all over the place.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

12-16-2009, 04:55 PM

Death to all fangirls.

All I can say, practice what you preach.

The countries against Iran do not want to stop Iran because they believe it is any more danger to other countries than they are themselves a danger to the countries they don't like (such as Iran). They want to stop them because they're already at a little sort of war; they want to stem their power.

Iran is allied with Palestine. Not only that, it's the super power of the middle east. I.e; it's the enemy of America, Israel, [insert other stupid countries here], so on.

Perhaps if other countries were not so threatening towards Iran, it would not feel the need to defend itself. So why the threats of military pressure from America and Israel?

On the other hand, Iran has every right to produce its nuclear electricity.

But I do think it's stupid; only nuclear armed countries seem to be putting pressure on Iran. What right do they have?

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#5 (permalink))
Old
clintjm (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-16-2009, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
The countries against Iran do not want to stop Iran because they believe it is any more danger to other countries than they are themselves a danger to the countries they don't like (such as Iran). They want to stop them because they're already at a little sort of war; they want to stem their power.
I'm not sure I follow your sentence but yes... Other countries want to stop any country under the leadership of anyone who want another country quote "wiped off the face of the map".

Quote:
Iran is allied with Palestine. Not only that, it's the super power of the middle east. I.e; it's the enemy of America, Israel, [insert other stupid countries here], so on.
Whats with the stupid country comment?

With your logic the same could be said for North Korea. Should the Thai government be seizing North Korean Nuclear material? Are they a stupid country for doing this?

Link:
Thai seizure of North Korea weapons could affect nuclear talks - The Boston Globe

Quote:
Perhaps if other countries were not so threatening towards Iran, it would not feel the need to defend itself. So why the threats of military pressure from America and Israel?
Quote:
On the other hand, Iran has every right to produce its nuclear electricity.
Iran shouldn't be allowed near any material that could be made into a weapon of mass destruction until they are no longer planning to wipe anyone of the face of the planet. When they play nice with the rest of the world, sure.

Quote:
But I do think it's stupid; only nuclear armed countries seem to be putting pressure on Iran. What right do they have?
Its not only nuclear armed nations. Its not stupid. Iran has threatened wiping another country off the face of the planet. Ahmadinejad has announced to the world that nuclear weapons are not off the table and never will be. Neighboring states are very hostile to any nuclear weapons program Iran might embark on, stating "many diplomats and analysts say that the Sunni Arab governments are so anxious about Iran’s nuclear progress that they would even, grudgingly, support a United States military strike against Iran."

Link:
Nuclear program of Iran - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

25 countries (not all nuclear) tell Iran to mothball nuke program:
Link:
25 countries tell Iran to ax nuke program - Iran- msnbc.com

I wonder how stupid those countries will be if North Korea gets their weapons together and the rest of the world has to come to east asia to stop them.

Besides the world is told by the climate change crowd that Nuclear Energy is "bad" .
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

12-17-2009, 03:05 AM

Iran is run by a nutjob who wants to blow Isreal to hell as soon as possible, wich is exactly what he will do when he gets the bomb. He has stated his intentions over and over again. Least you doubt what he intends, Hitler also told everyone what he intended and nobody really believed that either.

Tenchu; Iran doesn't need nukes for energy, they have half the worlds oil supply. Besides, the facilities that have aren't big enough for nuclear power, they are only big enough to manafacture weapons.

Isreal will prolly make it's move before June. It's already been noted that Iran is less than a year from makeing one. The new missle test prooves they can hit Isreal as it is. This isn't some "I wanna be a big boy" game Iran is playing, there really are people who want to start armengeddon and the leader of Iran is one of em.