JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
hadron (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to hadron
Any other meeting point? - 04-18-2010, 05:00 AM

I have been to japan-guide.com ages ago and i remember one could submit own profile there and others could contact them if they wanted to, which was a good way of finding distant friends. I tried recently the website again, and i see it changed. Anyway I tried to send a message to someone and it came to the fact that i need to pay enormous $30 a month or $100 a year subscription to do so. well this is probably not a financial issue for most of you, but i consider it heavily overpriced. in comparison to other services i can get for the same money.

when i wrote about it to suggestions section of their forum they just deleted me (maybe I was too straight and upset ) so i see they are serious about it, they want to get most money out of their website despite it looks they don't care much about its appearance

is there any comparable website where one could meet with others, submit something like personal advert, or profile and others could react on you if they wish. but free (or little) of charge japanforum.com is cool but i don't think it has this kind of functionality, hasn't it?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
robhol (Offline)
Can I eat him??

04-18-2010, 07:22 AM

Isn't that more or less what you do here, too? ("Looking for friends" section.)

I get the feeling there are a lot fewer Japanese people here than other people looking for Japanese people, but still.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
hadron (Offline)
JF Regular

04-18-2010, 08:32 AM

hm, this is forum, ppl here are probably looking for public communication, and not that much focused on 1 to 1 comm. place here is not featured for that.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
robhol (Offline)
Can I eat him??

04-18-2010, 08:48 AM

There's a private message system, and you could always exchange e-mail addresses, MSN/WLM, Skype and so on.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
hadron (Offline)
JF Regular

04-18-2010, 11:45 AM

yes but how are you going to search/filter out for someone suitable for you, by age etc.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
spicytuna (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-18-2010, 04:53 PM

Hadron,

Japan-guide has a penfriend category where you can contact people for free. The profiles are a little more basic than their regular friends category but other than a profile pic, it lists a good amount of info. There are thosands of Japanese looking for friends.

I posted a friend request a few weeks ago and my inbox was flooded.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
WeeFugu (Offline)
JF Regular

04-18-2010, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicytuna View Post
Hadron,

Japan-guide has a penfriend category where you can contact people for free. The profiles are a little more basic than their regular friends category but other than a profile pic, it lists a good amount of info. There are thosands of Japanese looking for friends.

Yeah, when I was living in Japan when I was single I posted here and got 4 dates out of it, and that was with people living in Nagoya (where I was based). A very good way to meet people for casual dating, pen-friends for language exchange etc.

If you are living in Tokyo, you should go along to Tokyo Friends parties and meet people there. My friend organised the Nagoya one; was a great laugh. You pay a fee to get in and all you can drink for a couple of hours and then go out for parties after that with people that you meet. Of course, this is all assuming that you live and work in Japan. You didn't actually state where you were based.

International Party Japanese Pen pals

(#8 (permalink))
Old
ColinHowell (Offline)
JF Regular

04-18-2010, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeFugu View Post
Of course, this is all assuming that you live and work in Japan. You didn't actually state where you were based.
It's in the profile in the upper right corner of his posting. He's in Slovakia.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
hadron (Offline)
JF Regular

04-18-2010, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicytuna View Post
Hadron,

well spotted, thank you mister Tuna that will do it

so just for reference here is a link: Japanese pen pals
(#10 (permalink))
Old
WeeFugu (Offline)
JF Regular

04-18-2010, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinHowell View Post
It's in the profile in the upper right corner of his posting. He's in Slovakia.
Indeed.

*cleans his glasses*.

Tokyo, Osaka and Nagoya party might be out then.

*shrugs*.