LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
clintjm (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-19-2010, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayT View Post
Oh I do not have a LED Television, I was just stating that talking about a 'technological breakthrough' that's years old is somewhat out of place. Especially considering on how many breakthroughs are being made in different fields of science and technology these days.

I personally never watch television or do anything that requires one, it seems like laptops have taken over for me.
Last I checked, unless you have a pretty new expensive laptop, that is an LCD you are using with a laptop. I don't watch TV much either. I haven't even got cable to tell you the truth. But when I have to work with something detailed on a computer that requires the advantages I listed for the CRT, a giant CRT computer display is the way to go. LCD not so much.

Just make sure your desk is solid wood and not particle board. ^^/
(#12 (permalink))
Old
termogard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

clarification - 12-27-2010, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayT View Post
Oh I do not have a LED Television, I was just stating that talking about a 'technological breakthrough' that's years old is somewhat out of place. Especially considering on how many breakthroughs are being made in different fields of science and technology these days.

I personally never watch television or do anything that requires one, it seems like laptops have taken over for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spicytuna View Post
Don't burst his bubble. He's probably working on his next announcement. An upcoming product from Apple that resembles a tablet.

Hey megat@rdos, in case if you can not force your brains to make some simple work : threads, callled "Technological breakthrough of Japan" are nothing short of historical retrospective, a tribute to certain important inventions of japanese origin.
What are you doing at public schools during lessons, I wonder? Just spend taxes of taxpayers by truckloads.....

(#13 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

12-27-2010, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by termogard View Post

Hey megat@rdos, in case if you can not force your brains to make some simple work : threads, callled "Technological breakthrough of Japan" are nothing short of historical retrospective, a tribute to certain important inventions of japanese origin.
What are you doing at public schools during lessons, I wonder? Just spend taxes of taxpayers by truckloads.....

That was a pretty harsh, and ironic, rebuttal coming from someone who started a thread which poses no question, nor makes any clear statement, about dated information which most people wouldn't consider relevant or important.

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
termogard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

dated information - 12-27-2010, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJames View Post
That was a pretty harsh, and ironic, rebuttal coming from someone who started a thread which poses no question, nor makes any clear statement, about dated information which most people wouldn't consider relevant or important.
[yawn] You know, I don't care about. Frankly.
Let "most people" consider relevancy or importance of anime or whatever else.
In technological-related threads dedicated to some "dated" japanese inventions, I had good discussions with a skilled American engineer. Not a waste of time.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

12-27-2010, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by termogard View Post
[yawn] You know, I don't care about. Frankly.
Let "most people" consider relevancy or importance of anime or whatever else.
In technological-related threads dedicated to some "dated" japanese inventions, I had good discussions with a skilled American engineer. Not a waste of time.
If that was the intention of the thread, you might have said something about that in the opening post, rather than just throwing some facts into the wind to see which direction they blow in.
I think most could have anticipated a critique of how date it was.
In fact, I imagine you anticipated that and were hoping for it.

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
termogard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Smile direction of the wind - 12-27-2010, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJames View Post
If that was the intention of the thread, you might have said something about that in the opening post, rather than just throwing some facts into the wind to see which direction they blow in.
Okay, thank you for advice.