JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Tsuruneru (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to Tsuruneru Send a message via Yahoo to Tsuruneru Send a message via Skype™ to Tsuruneru
Japan dolphin hunt film - 06-10-2010, 10:58 PM

Three theaters last week canceled showings of the movie after they were swamped with angry phone calls and threatened with noisy protests by nationalist groups. It was banned on a U.S. military base in Japan as too controversial, and 23 other theaters are still deciding whether to show the film, according to Japanese distributor Unplugged.

Japan dolphin hunt film triggers censorship debate - Yahoo! News

I don't care what people say anymore. Your opinions no longer matter to me. No matter what i say no one cares they just keep going.
I have no enemies my opponent is my teacher.
(けとだ!) (こい) (とどめだ!) I Am Shadow The Hedgehog
(#2 (permalink))
Old
WingsToDiscovery (Offline)
JF Noob

06-10-2010, 11:49 PM

This movie is stupid and will never reach the right people. The movie is obviously a dramatization geared towards a western audience, and many Japanese people will probably never see the video, nor would they really care to as it's not in their demographic. All that's going to come of this is new fuel for western tree huggers to say things like "Those damn Japanese!," while continuing to sit behind a computer monitor and never even partake in any of these social commentaries. Now all we've got is a bunch of Japanese nationalists who take the side that all this video is is a bunch of foreigners breaking laws and slandering an industry, with the intention of shedding light on a group of people (westerners) who aren't the ones who can even solve the problem.

I'm not a cynic; I just like to play Devil's Advocate once in a while.
My photos from Japan and around the world:
http://www.flickr.com/dylanwphotography
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Tsuruneru (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to Tsuruneru Send a message via Yahoo to Tsuruneru Send a message via Skype™ to Tsuruneru
06-11-2010, 12:18 AM

Lol i know it seems dumb.

I don't care what people say anymore. Your opinions no longer matter to me. No matter what i say no one cares they just keep going.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
honoraryjapanesegirl (Offline)
Holy Dattebayo, Batman!!

Send a message via Yahoo to honoraryjapanesegirl
06-11-2010, 12:29 AM

I don't know...it seems kinda fake to me lol

~...Why must the different be cast away, be cast into a deep, dark pit of loneliness, being mocked and scorned as the the enemy...and eventually...become it...?~
~HonoraryJapaneseGirl~
~.::{Akatsuki Clan Member--Leader of California}::.~
~.::{Michiko Manami}::.~

(#5 (permalink))
Old
Tsuruneru (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-11-2010, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honoraryjapanesegirl View Post
I don't know...it seems kinda fake to me lol
Its a movie what do you expect?

(#6 (permalink))
Old
honoraryjapanesegirl (Offline)
Holy Dattebayo, Batman!!

Send a message via Yahoo to honoraryjapanesegirl
06-11-2010, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuruneru View Post
Its a movie what do you expect?
Hahaha...lol...maybe I just expected moviemakers to have a little more dignity...I forgot what era we were in for a sec...LOL...XDD

~...Why must the different be cast away, be cast into a deep, dark pit of loneliness, being mocked and scorned as the the enemy...and eventually...become it...?~
~HonoraryJapaneseGirl~
~.::{Akatsuki Clan Member--Leader of California}::.~
~.::{Michiko Manami}::.~

(#7 (permalink))
Old
Tsuruneru (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-11-2010, 01:10 AM

Only thing were missing in this movie is extreem high speed car chasses and hundreds of explotions.

(#8 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

06-11-2010, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsToDiscovery View Post
This movie is stupid and will never reach the right people. The movie is obviously a dramatization geared towards a western audience, and many Japanese people will probably never see the video, nor would they really care to as it's not in their demographic. All that's going to come of this is new fuel for western tree huggers to say things like "Those damn Japanese!," while continuing to sit behind a computer monitor and never even partake in any of these social commentaries. Now all we've got is a bunch of Japanese nationalists who take the side that all this video is is a bunch of foreigners breaking laws and slandering an industry, with the intention of shedding light on a group of people (westerners) who aren't the ones who can even solve the problem.
Ummm... Im a "Western tree hugger" who is appalled at Japans hunting of Dolphins yet I dont think "those damn Japanese".

I happen to think the Cove is an interesting movie... a little biased but hardly offensive. I actually went to see it with a Japanese girl when I was in NZ and she wasnt offended by it (Im currently living in Japan).

How about you check your facts before you start talking crap.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
WingsToDiscovery (Offline)
JF Noob

06-11-2010, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
Ummm... Im a "Western tree hugger" who is appalled at Japans hunting of Dolphins yet I dont think "those damn Japanese".
Yay for outliers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
How about you check your facts before you start talking crap.
How about learning the difference between a fact and an opinion.

I'm not a cynic; I just like to play Devil's Advocate once in a while.
My photos from Japan and around the world:
http://www.flickr.com/dylanwphotography
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

06-12-2010, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsToDiscovery View Post
Yay for outliers!

Outliers? Environmentalists tend to have issues with most GOVERNMENTS.

Anyway I dont think youve even seen the movie. If you watch the movie you will actually see a scene where the environmentalists are in Tokyo talking to some everyday Japanese people and they seem appalled at the hunting. They also commend 2 of the JAPANESE city council members who were on the side of the environmentalists for taking dolphin meat off the lunch menu in schools.

Keep talking shit though.. its really interesting watching Japanese fanboys defend the Japanese government when they know little about the viewpoints of the environmentalists let alone the country they are in love with.