JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
yulyul (Offline)
New to JF

Inevitable Choice to Avoid War - 07-06-2010, 06:34 AM

This march, North Korea gave a surprise attack against a South Korean warship, sinking it to the bottom of the sea. In response, including the UN, leaders from over 80 countries(Russia, G8, G20) criticized the North for their acts and agreed to make extra sanctions against the country. For years, South Korean government sought a peaceful relation with the North but in return, the North threaten the world with nuclear weapons development and missile tests. In addition to that, the North economic state has plummeted due to their dictatorship as well as hereditary succession of power. As the world started to stop supporting the North, they replied by engaging military acts against the South.
With all the happenings including the sinking of "Cheonan" warship, both South Korea and the US decided that the military operation control of the US to be extended from 2012 to 2015. Let us hope that the North will come to realize that their only solution to survival is to cooperate with the world instead of being isolated, and start that by talking with the closest nation, South Korea.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

07-06-2010, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulyul View Post
This march, North Korea gave a surprise attack against a South Korean warship, sinking it to the bottom of the sea. In response, including the UN, leaders from over 80 countries(Russia, G8, G20) criticized the North for their acts and agreed to make extra sanctions against the country. For years, South Korean government sought a peaceful relation with the North but in return, the North threaten the world with nuclear weapons development and missile tests. In addition to that, the North economic state has plummeted due to their dictatorship as well as hereditary succession of power. As the world started to stop supporting the North, they replied by engaging military acts against the South.
With all the happenings including the sinking of "Cheonan" warship, both South Korea and the US decided that the military operation control of the US to be extended from 2012 to 2015. Let us hope that the North will come to realize that their only solution to survival is to cooperate with the world instead of being isolated, and start that by talking with the closest nation, South Korea.
On the other hand, the South Korean public is going to kick the pro-American president out of the office possibly in the next year.

Plus, there are evidences that the Cheonan was either sunken by the US Navy or the South Korean navy.

This time, Obama has to trust North Korea.

JapanForum's semi-resident amateur linguist.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
steven (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-06-2010, 07:10 AM

I may be crazy... but I found it awfully strange in the timing in all that. Wasn't that just around the time that there was talk of removing an American base from Japan? It's funny that in the midst of those talks something like that should happen. I know it's not far from a conspiracy theory, but what komitsuki said should definitely be a consideration. Otherwise it was really dumb timing on NK's part. Of course I just read the news that I read and connected the dots... hopefully someone more educated on the matter will jump in, because I'd like to hear from them about this.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

07-06-2010, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven View Post
I may be crazy... but I found it awfully strange in the timing in all that. Wasn't that just around the time that there was talk of removing an American base from Japan? It's funny that in the midst of those talks something like that should happen. I know it's not far from a conspiracy theory, but what komitsuki said should definitely be a consideration. Otherwise it was really dumb timing on NK's part. Of course I just read the news that I read and connected the dots... hopefully someone more educated on the matter will jump in, because I'd like to hear from them about this.
First of all, it is pretty impossible to navigate in a 1970-1980s Soviet-Yugoslavian submarine on a very shallow sea close to the coast. Old sonars don't work properly in this environment.

Second, anti-submarine helicopters and planes are very often active in the Yellow Sea trying to find a North Korean submarine. Pretty impossible for North Korea to reach Incheon or surrounding areas. Especially when the huge Incheon International Airport is also a semi-military fortification.

Third, there are few times North Korean submarines were active down to South Korea, but they were always done around the eastern coast of South Korea. Pretty impossible for them to be active on the western coast (the Yellow Sea).

Grow some backbone, Americans. Love North Korea for the sake of stability (and respecting China and Russia).

(#5 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

07-06-2010, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Yours is just one of many conspiracy theories circulating the web. I too dont know much about the actual incident but I think the idea that it was a ploy to "scare" the Japanese into keeping bases on Okinawa far-fetched. The Americans would have had

IF the attack was staged, then the most likely reason Ive come across is that it was to cover up an accident that occurred between the US and Korean vessels.

I dont think it was staged though. The investigation into the incident was carried out by an international team of experts both military and civilian. If it was staged then there would have had to have been some huge collaboration between the investigators. I just dont think a coverup that big could occur nor do I see a reason why they would go to such trouble.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

07-06-2010, 02:33 PM

Quote:
hopefully someone more educated on the matter will jump in, because I'd like to hear from them about this.
First of all, the Chinese and Russian governments are still skeptical of South Korea's and America's claims.

The Chosun Ilbo (English Edition): Daily News from Korea - Cheonan Investigators Presented Wrong Torpedo Diagram

Quote:
A South Korean military spokesman said the error was discovered after the press conference and a presentation of the evidence in front of the UN Security Council featured the correct diagram.
So much for professionals when they had been using the wrong torpedo plan for few months.

It's a staged act. Just like the 9/11 Attack. Just like the Tonkin Bay Incident.

Kick out the American military in South Korea. It's the only hope to stabilize East Asia.

Last edited by komitsuki : 07-06-2010 at 02:37 PM.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

07-06-2010, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by komitsuki View Post
So much for professionals when they had been using the wrong torpedo plan for few months.
I read the article. It seems they made mistake...
(#8 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

07-06-2010, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
I read the article. It seems they made mistake...
Before then, a British blogger proved that the torpedo evidence was fake. And he got noticed in Joongang Ilbo.

The Sinking of the Cheonan: We Are Being Lied To
German Made Torpedo Sunk South Korean Cheonan
PCC-772 Cheonan: Photographic Evidence that “No. 1″ Written on Top of Rust

So? The truth is that:

1. Half of the South Korean public think it was a false flag operation to discredit North Korea for the current government's policy.
2. The Prime Minister of South Korea just recently resigned from all of the pressures, including this Cheonan incident.
3. North Korea is innocent.
4. Americans should have a positive impression of North Korea, just like the majority of South Korean citizens.

(#9 (permalink))
Old
Sinestra (Offline)
ショ ン

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
07-06-2010, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by komitsuki View Post
First of all, the Chinese and Russian governments are still skeptical of South Korea's and America's claims.

The Chosun Ilbo (English Edition): Daily News from Korea - Cheonan Investigators Presented Wrong Torpedo Diagram

It's a staged act. Just like the 9/11 Attack. Just like the Tonkin Bay Incident.

Though i believed there is more going than the initial reports divulge and there many unanswered questions please do not group conspiracy theories together and leave 9/11 out of this. Talk about the topic at hand last time this was mentioned it got out of hand and as much as i disagree with you on the statement i wont go into it again.

I do not completely believe the reports that have been given. However there are too many people involved from a multiple nations. This would be one of the largest conspiracies in history.

(#10 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

07-06-2010, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Though i believed there is more going than the initial reports divulge and there many unanswered questions please do not group conspiracy theories together and leave 9/11 out of this.
As a concerned South Korean, hell no.