JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
cranks (Offline)
JF Old Timer

So, Sashimister quits? - 10-28-2010, 05:41 AM

What's happened? He/She was so passionate about giving out advises and most of them were pretty good ones. You can't have a Japanese person who speaks English at that level and at the same time is willing to give advises about the Japanese language. I've found he/she was TOO passionate sometimes but regardless, nobody was giving advises of that quality.

What a loss. I hope I haven't contributed to his/her leaving.

Last edited by cranks : 10-28-2010 at 05:53 AM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
robhol (Offline)
Can I eat him??

10-28-2010, 06:00 AM

There was some drama the last time I checked in here. It's too bad, because even I - who haven't spent any considerable amount of time here in comparison to others - clearly remember Sashimister as a very knowledgeable fellow and an asset to this community.

But oh well, shit happens.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
cranks (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-28-2010, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robhol View Post
There was some drama the last time I checked in here. It's too bad, because even I - who haven't spent any considerable amount of time here in comparison to others - clearly remember Sashimister as a very knowledgeable fellow and an asset to this community.

But oh well, shit happens.
mmm, I hang out in off-topic threads most of the time so I didn't know much about what was going on but he/she was giving out some good advises on Japanese. I speak Japanese natively but I'm a goofball mostly screwing around in non-study-related threads and didn't contribute to the forum like he/she did. I have no problem though. I don't need help in Japanese It just seems to be a big loss to the forum. But yeah, you're right. Shit happens.

Last edited by cranks : 10-28-2010 at 06:26 AM.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
steven (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-28-2010, 06:52 AM

Yea I think he gave out good advice as well. The amount of stuff that he posted on here was amazing. Giving out advice seemed like a part time job for him.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

10-28-2010, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven View Post
Yea I think he gave out good advice as well. The amount of stuff that he posted on here was amazing. Giving out advice seemed like a part time job for him.
Ipray that it was nothing I said recently-- I have always noticed how helpful sashimister has been-- beyond the call of duty actually.

I am sure he/she has been much appreciated and always will be.

If It was I who upset saishimister-- I am sorry but never once have I had anything but respect for him/her.

sorry if I have mis-spelt his/her name.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
10-28-2010, 08:45 AM

I don`t believe that any one person was the cause, or even contributed significantly to his leaving.
I imagine that it was a combination of multiple issues spanning over time. I also have no doubt that some of it must be due to general burnout.

He contributed a huge amount of time and effort, often with little appreciation, for nothing. Even in a paid job setting, the level of time he dedicated would have been tiring... But when volunteering - I`m almost amazed he was as patient as he was for so long.

His departure is an incredible loss, and I hope that someone (hopefully multiple someones) can at least partially fill the hole he left.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Columbine (Offline)

10-28-2010, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post

Anyway, I hope he can take some time out and maybe think about returning when he's ready, I'm sure I can say for everyone that he will be missed.
This. I think Nyororin's right; SM hit burnout, so it's probably best for all parties if he takes a sabbatical. He was clearly finding it a stress and starting to over-react to minor issues simply because, you know, enough gets to be enough.

Anyway, i hope he's kicking back with a good glass of vino right about now; the guy deserves it.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

10-28-2010, 10:41 AM

may I suggest that you put a thread to Thank sashimister for everything.

greetings etc.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
RickOShay (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-28-2010, 11:13 AM

He/she will certainly be missed no doubt. Burnout and stresses in real life etc to compound things.. it is totally understandable. For me forums are just time killers mostly, but some people are just really passionate i suppose.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

10-28-2010, 01:46 PM

Great. Not again.