JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

Send a message via MSN to JamboP26
12-20-2010, 06:00 PM

I was the recipient of one such confusion (people thought I was female). On Facebook, I habe revealed a lot of information about myself, because I have nothing to hide, & have no fear of any 'weirdo's' out there. I feel if want to make friends online, the more I detail, the less worried the person may be, asking themselves "Who is this person? I know nothing about them". The info I've put, I hope, gives the person an image in their mind of what sort of person I am. Now here's the advertising part, hehe: facebook.com/JamboP26

I'm a Cafe-kko, Nyappy in the World. But GazeRock is not dead. 「Sixth Gun」です

An Cafe, Vidoll, Versailles, Dir En Grey, Deathgaze, the GazettE, alice nine., UVERworld, Kiryu , YUI, AKB48, Buono!, Berryz Koubou, C-ute, S/mileage, Morning Musume, Zoro, Lolita23Q, Visual Kei, Oshare Kei, J-Rock, J-Pop, Idol groups FTW (≧∀≦)
(#12 (permalink))
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

12-20-2010, 06:00 PM

Sorry everybody. Double post. (It because I'm on PS3 browser)

An Cafe, Vidoll, Versailles, Dir En Grey, Deathgaze, the GazettE, alice nine., UVERworld, Kiryu , YUI, AKB48, Buono!, Berryz Koubou, C-ute, S/mileage, Morning Musume, Zoro, Lolita23Q, Visual Kei, Oshare Kei, J-Rock, J-Pop, Idol groups FTW (≧∀≦)

Last edited by JamboP26 : 12-20-2010 at 10:40 PM.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Eunice (Offline)
New to JF

12-20-2010, 06:08 PM

I think what is more annoying is when people pretend to be Japanese. They will change so much as how they act, dress, their diet and who they speak to to try to emulate a typical Japanese person.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

12-20-2010, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eunice View Post
I think what is more annoying is when people pretend to be Japanese. They will change so much as how they act, dress, their diet and who they speak to to try to emulate a typical Japanese person.
If you think that's creepy you should see Japanese people pretending to be western, idolizing to a point of sickness.

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
12-20-2010, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJames View Post
If you think that's creepy you should see Japanese people pretending to be western, idolizing to a point of sickness.
Aah, visions of Elvis, but with different eyes. But that's not creepy to me - sometimes its an improvement and a mark of some unrealized talent.

Back on topic.....
Back before there was a WWW, I moderated a bulletin board under an assumed identity for a while. It was at the request of the owner. As James pointed out, people do indeed treat you differently based on their perceptions. And dogsbody is soooo right about the gender (and other aspects) showing through in the writing. It's very hard to mask.

I was passing as a male on a male-only site because (1) no women were allowed, (2) they had problems with a few users that I had special insight about from running my own BBS, and (3) I was game for the challenge. I kept my age fairly accurate, but I still did a lot of editing of my comments for gender bias.

I finally "blew" my own cover. A very close friend was moving across country and was begging to meet "Max". I had given him a cold shoulder online and I wasn't believed when I told the truth in person. Then when the owner verified my story I almost lost a friend. Fortunately the reasons made sense later and we have remained friends for the last 20 years.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
12-20-2010, 08:09 PM

Jambo I tought you were a chick too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJames View Post
for example, dogsbody, do you think you would have replied to robins threads the same way had you known? do you think any of us guys would reply so kindly to Suki's comments? hehe sorry Suki but it's true! You really push the whole in-your-face-equality thing around a lot :P
and if you were a guy I wouldn't have said it so kindly :P

I often find myself thinking "damn, if I'd known I might have softened the blows..."
Hahahah xD

Not sure if that's a good thing or not... Anyway, I'm glad I make my points get across, that's the whole point of being in a forum, so yeah I'll take that as a compliment and not hold it against you.

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#17 (permalink))
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

12-20-2010, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
Jambo I tought you were a chick too.
Really? Hahaha. Wow. Might I ask what made you think that?

(#18 (permalink))
Old
JasonTakeshi (Offline)
Conceptual Doubt

12-20-2010, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamboP26 View Post
Wow. Might I ask what made you think that?

Anyways - I'm a hypocrite, sarcastic and usually can be annoying. Both on the interwebs and out of 'em.

Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
12-21-2010, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamboP26 View Post
Really? Hahaha. Wow. Might I ask what made you think that?
No idea. Maybe all the pink in your signature and the fact that it's mostly girls who write the name of their favorite rock bands in there, dunno.

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#20 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

12-21-2010, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
No idea. Maybe all the pink in your signature and the fact that it's mostly girls who write the name of their favorite rock bands in there, dunno.
Yeah, the chick avatar, pink hair, pink sigs, pink everywhere...
Being gay is ok too, nothing to be ashamed of!

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.