JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
Informed (Offline)
New to JF

01-10-2011, 05:03 AM

There are now a number of different groups, and independent individuals, down at Taiji.

Few of the troll's comic book criticisms match the reality of these individuals' motivations.

You are perfectly free and welcome to your own motivations to come down, enjoy the comradeship, see the beautiful Wakayama coastline, and do some compassionate good with your lives.

I think you will be surprised by the warmth and goodness of the people both local and foreign.

Taiji Dolphin Action Group
Positive Change in Taiji
Eyes On Taiji | Working to save dolphins!
Cove Guardian Reports - Sea Shepherd
(#32 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

01-10-2011, 05:13 AM

Great to have another ally in this forum on this issue.

You make some good points Informed.

The pro-slaughter trolls won't take it in though. They'll continue to try and rationalize the slaughter rather than address the ethical dilemma.

Just warning you of their stubbornness.

Last edited by Ronin4hire : 01-10-2011 at 05:15 AM.
(#33 (permalink))
Old
Informed (Offline)
New to JF

01-10-2011, 05:38 AM

Thank you for the welcome.

I think that some of the more informed pro-slaughter trolls seek to do something else and that is just create sufficient confusion and bad feelings around any reporting or discussion of the issue that it just frightens off ordinary Japanese.

But I appreciate that other are just assholes who either like hunting or think taking the fishery ministry's side will increase their chance in being laid by a Japanese chick (I don't think it works). A few already have Japanese wives and are playing the Big White Man protector role.

I am actually fairly disgusted by the former, which include the so called Japanese nationalist who became involved with mob rallies against The Cove. They know the tendency of most ordinary Japanese and are playing on the tendencies of conformity and non-confrontation.

By creating a big, ugly or noisy stink, they know they will win in most cases. And they do. "Logic" is not a strong argument in Japan. "Harmony" is. Fear based control is everywhere.

The trolls' arguments are fairly easy to deconstruct. The ethics and inadequacies of the fishery ministry and their amakudari drop outs stink worse than the meat the needlessly plunder.

As to the slaughters, imagine if I got 12 bikers together with loud motorcycles, herded 20 or 30 large animals together in a quarry - anything from deer, to horses, to elephants which you would accept as commensurate with dolphins, pilot whales and orca - and then allowed the bikers hangarounds to widely stab at them with spears until they died ... how acceptable would that be even to "omnivores"?

The rest of the humanity (except the Faroe Islanders) stopped doing that around the same time as we stopped hunting mammoths.

OK, so now the bikers claim they have a superior way of killing the "deer, to horses, to elephants". Now they stuff a big wooden spike down their throats first, so they don't visible bleed, and THEN they start spearing them until they are paralysed and gut them alive elsewhere. (The problem being that a non-paralysed animal is difficult to take else where to gut alive).

This is the reality of Taiji in 2011. It has nothing to do with culture or nationalism only ignorance, barbarity and greed.