JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
evanny (Offline)
devil's advocate

01-09-2011, 02:05 PM

steel. this is 3rd topic about whales and Ronin's brain shows no indication of seeing what a hypocritical views he has - maybe because it's been 6 month since he has become a vegetarian. LOL. not to mention "intelligent" argument. i say - let the dolphin build an internal combustion engine. then i call them intelligent and worth keeping around. recognising oneself in the mirror ? doesn't cut it for me.
these two arguments "intelligent and cute" is biggest BS that they always bring up.
i love how Ronin always replies - "hey you didn't address my questions" thou you did and then he doesn't bother aka can't present logical and coherent arguments to the ones presented to him.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

01-09-2011, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanny View Post
steel. this is 3rd topic about whales and Ronin's brain shows no indication of seeing what a hypocritical views he has - maybe because it's been 6 month since he has become a vegetarian. LOL. not to mention "intelligent" argument. i say - let the dolphin build an internal combustion engine. then i call them intelligent and worth keeping around. recognising oneself in the mirror ? doesn't cut it for me.
these two arguments "intelligent and cute" is biggest BS that they always bring up.
i love how Ronin always replies - "hey you didn't address my questions" thou you did and then he doesn't bother aka can't present logical and coherent arguments to the ones presented to him.
lol.. if you've got nothing to add then it's better not to say anything rather than come in here and play cheerleader for someone else just because you're holding a grudge.

Did I really own you that badly last time?

PS- I challenge you to find the illogical and non coherent parts of my post.

Last edited by Ronin4hire : 01-09-2011 at 02:19 PM.
(#23 (permalink))
Old
evanny (Offline)
devil's advocate

01-09-2011, 11:15 PM

you really are thick, aren't you?
you have never won any arguments because you are unable to present, as you said "logical", arguments.
and by twisting my logic of all animals being equal to something along the lines of "well...then it's ok to eat humans also" you think you have won the argument?
you are lame excuse for a "green guy" who doesn't present any logic and isn't capable of taking reasonable stance on the matters.

all your arguments are emotionally bias against species with certain properties. might even call it discrimination or some kind of "racism" against animals. also i think if you were to check dictionary you'll find that basically logic is opposite of emotions.
list of people who's posts i am ignoring here keeps growing and growing...hope to never respond to you, Chau
(#24 (permalink))
Old
LazyGaijin (Offline)
New to JF

01-10-2011, 12:11 AM

How about horse sashimi? basashi, or chicken sashimi, torisashimi?
raw deer meat? live squid, snapper, octopus? japan is not the place for you , stay home OP
(#25 (permalink))
Old
RTyokohama (Offline)
JF Regular

01-10-2011, 01:38 AM

dgeclipsed49
I recommend to learning japanese, at first.
and I wish you can understand "鳥獣保護区", "落石注意".
(#26 (permalink))
Old
siokan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-10-2011, 01:53 AM

Fundamental matter
Who committed genocide of the whale?

Please permit poor English. orz
Cryptanalysis is necessary for you.
set a goal:English at the same level as Johan Cruyff
(#27 (permalink))
Old
steel (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-10-2011, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by siokan View Post
Fundamental matter
Who committed genocide of the whale?
"Genocide" generally refers to humans beings. And, indicates a "...deliberate and systematic destruction..."

However, if what you are trying to refer to is why some whale species are endangered like the Blue Whale, then I see the point you are trying to raise; it was largely thanks to whalers of Western nations including the US, Britain and Europe using aggressive harvesting techniques that went primarily after whale oil (meat and the rest of the carcass was often dumped) that helped contribute to the near extinction of the whales ... not the Japanese.
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

01-10-2011, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanny View Post
you really are thick, aren't you?
you have never won any arguments because you are unable to present, as you said "logical", arguments.
and by twisting my logic of all animals being equal to something along the lines of "well...then it's ok to eat humans also" you think you have won the argument?
you are lame excuse for a "green guy" who doesn't present any logic and isn't capable of taking reasonable stance on the matters.

all your arguments are emotionally bias against species with certain properties. might even call it discrimination or some kind of "racism" against animals. also i think if you were to check dictionary you'll find that basically logic is opposite of emotions.
list of people who's posts i am ignoring here keeps growing and growing...hope to never respond to you, Chau
You're an idiot.

My argument is logical. I said it in the other thread and I'll say it again in this thread.

We both draw lines as the what we think is acceptable to eat. You draw the line at the amount of chromosomes that a lifeform has (i.e. whether it's human or not), I draw the line at the extent to which it is sentient.

Both lines are consistent but only mine addresses the ethical dilemma posed by hunting and killing animals.

By the way. The line you draw is as relevant to the issue as the issue of the "cuteness" line which is nothing but a strawman argument that you've built when you try and debate people like me.
(#29 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

01-10-2011, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel View Post
However, if what you are trying to refer to is why some whale species are endangered like the Blue Whale, then I see the point you are trying to raise; it was largely thanks to whalers of Western nations including the US, Britain and Europe using aggressive harvesting techniques that went primarily after whale oil (meat and the rest of the carcass was often dumped) that helped contribute to the near extinction of the whales ... not the Japanese.
This might or might not be true. But that doesn't change anything.

Last edited by Ronin4hire : 01-10-2011 at 05:13 AM.
(#30 (permalink))
Old
Informed (Offline)
New to JF

Addressing the usual pro-slaughter trolls. - 01-10-2011, 04:54 AM

Actually this is not true. The Japanese whaling industries of the 30s and 40s were notoriously voracious and wasteful. Their only interest was for the whale oil which they sold, mostly to Unilever, to buy military weapons and supplies, mainly from the Nazis, to use in their Imperial attempt to dominate China. They had not even resources to store the meat.

Post-WWII they remained equally wasteful but the main customer had changed, it became the USA who had financed the rebuilding of the whaling fleet in order that the USA benefited from the supply of whale oil. The Japanese people were needlessly fed the shit meat, allowing the industry to take a small backhander off the deal. The supply of Whale Oil became a considerable economic driver for Post-War Japan.

I have to say what the usual pro-slaughter trolls are throwing around here is not "logic" but tortuous arguments based on self-interest and denial about the implications of their own actions.

If any other slaughter industry was to slaughter their prey in the manner in which the Taiji slaughtermen as doing ... in any other developed nation ... they would be shut down over night by governmental animal welfare departments.

It is an utterly primitive and barbaric slaughter committed in manner that only utterly primitive societies would do ... but with 20th Century tools. There is no moral or ethical defence of it. The so-called environment science of it (resource management etc) is shit. It does not exist.

Japan has a serious problem with its inability to manage its fishing industries and stock across the board. It also has cultural problems of, a) going too extremes which it is unable to stop from within, and b) producing and swallowing ridiculously superficial and dishonest group think (propaganda) which anyone outside of its bubble can see through immediately.

The pro-slaughter trolls depend on a few child-like false arguments mostly levering nationalist or racist sentiments which just do not exist in reality. The anti-slaughter lobby is international, cross-cultural, internal and external to Japan.

The drive slaughters will be condemned in the future just as the buffalo hunts by white settlers in the USA are now.