JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#51 (permalink))
Old
xYinniex (Offline)
Quit yo' jibber jabber!

03-09-2011, 07:42 PM

Okay coming from a British Born Chinese here, I'm supposed to be in conflict with both cultures.

China's government has it flaws, as does any government. (Seriously, take a massive look at Cameron's BIG society, or Brown's term in office.)

The down and ugly sides of China, censorship is a main thing. Also it's pretty hypocritical (Then again, what government isn't) in the way that in theory they are communist, but in practice and because of 21st century consumer needs, they're capitalists.

Also Human rights and animal rights are terrible. Chinese are all about the moolah, and this means their governing isn't going to be the best. Plus with censorship they still have capital punishment and death penalties and in today's globalised and sensationalised world, that's a TOTAL faux-pas. (Also they eat cats, dogs, snakes. PETA is going craycray at me for even mentioning it.oooh and cats in glass jars! I think I just killed a PETA supporter somewhere!)

Yet the reason why the West views them so bad is because difference is never going to be good, the British are incredulous of the EU, and mostly of France. (French-are-stupid/bad jokes made my the British- it's a daily thing.) I'm not saying they're the greatest government ever known, but y'know media plays a MASSIVE part.

if you want to know more about what's going on in China (in a light hearted and informative way). Shanghaiist: News, Music, Nightlife, Restaurants, Events and More in Shanghai, China is an amazing blog I love to read!

"I'm sorry, but i must have given you the impression that I actually care about your opinions"
(#52 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-10-2011, 04:38 AM

Fluffy; Your missing the point I'm makeing. My point was that MJ is a better basketball player than Ronnin, this places him in a different class, Basketballwise than Ronin.

Ronin, your "green" aspect is showing. I actually have a degree in political science. It's hard core Machivellian, life isn't play land and "classless" is a pipe dream you can't even smoke. Supply and demand is basic fundalmentals...what a person who desires wealth has to do is decide What the people want, and provide that in a high quality format that costs the least for the consumer.

The arguement I have been presenting to you is that Man in general strives to make himself better. It's a key aspect to life, grow up, get a house, make money, provide for a family, leave a legacy.

You advocate everyone being "the same". The problem is that they are NOT the same and never will be. You look at a race..every one is equal at the start, "classless". By the end of the race you have those who are in the top 3 and the rest, who aren't. They have been divided by ability, skill, and training/dedication to thier goal. Those who achieved the ultimate get Gold Silver and Bronze. Those who did not, get a pat on the back and sent home.
(#53 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

03-10-2011, 07:28 AM

I didn't advocate anything.

Just explained it.

Furthermore you're the one that is redefining what is meant by class.

Would you please remind me what your point is? Because I'm kinda lost on all the tangents you've brought up.
(#54 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

03-10-2011, 12:06 PM

does china still have the one child per family policy.

i wonder how many female babies are left to die painful deaths.
(#55 (permalink))
Old
Atredies (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-10-2011, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post
does china still have the one child per family policy.

i wonder how many female babies are left to die painful deaths.
until the year 2015 according to a taiwanese newspaper. the population issues in china does bring a huge pain to everyone. there is nothing you can do. china over 100 years ago was a huge mess. too many kids were born and too many of them died. you were lucky when you had a handful of adult offspring around that time that could leave descendants.

every country has its own population issues then and now. the united kingdom and australia are propagating unrestricted flows of immigrants and having less and less babies of european ethnicities. my english grandparents are dead worried about england's future. a possible future england without the english culture.

a healthy well maintained capitalism around the world is desperately needed to suit the collective population. period.
(#56 (permalink))
Old
fluffy0000 (Offline)
FJ to JF

again sorta not - 03-10-2011, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzorian View Post
Fluffy; Your missing the point I'm makeing. My point was that MJ is a better basketball player than Ronnin, this places him in a different class, Basketballwise than Ronin.
You kind of left out the part where MJ for seven seasons was not in a 'different class' in the NBA until factors outside of his talent elevated his game.

The rest of your arguement about the elite always rising to the top is total regurgitated 'Aynn Rand' pseudo objectivism with a touch of libertarianism.

"..,faith in a radically secularist, anti-common good ideology that put reason in the service of profit, rather than the human person."
(#57 (permalink))
Old
tokusatsufan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-10-2011, 05:39 PM

On the programme Piers Morgan in Shanghai China looked alright. I suppose I just don't know enough about them to form a proper opinion. So I'll hate them! No I won't hate them. I'll hate their government.

Hating the game is stupid and it makes much more sense to hate the player!
(#58 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)

03-11-2011, 06:06 AM

Fluffy; MJ's record in the NBA before or after wasn't relavent to the point I was makeing. He would have been a better Basketball player in college than Ronin is currently. I wasn't compareing MJ in relation to other NBA players but to Ronnin.

The term "Elite" is a misnomer, "elites" aren't allways better, they just happen to have power. In some cases those who hold themselves 'elite" are no where near as good as those they laud over, they just have the biggest stick.

My contention is that repesentational democracy based on capitolism atempts to allow everyone the freedom to succeed or fail on thier own merits. The best runner wins the race, the person who has the best answers get's an A, that sort of thing.

Economically speaking, you will never have a true "classesless" system. Someone will allways be richer, have better health, be smarter or better looking. That's basic nature, even native American tribes had chiefs.

That everyone would treat each other equally, reguardless of wealth or class position. That I think is as utopian as you could hope for.
(#59 (permalink))
Old
princewe (Offline)
New to JF

princewe - 03-11-2011, 09:15 AM

Many players like MapleStory Mesos, but they have no idea to Buy Maplestory Mesos because they have many choices online, almost every sits say that they offer
Cheap Maplestory Mesos. In fact, most of them are not true. We should be more careful.