JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
pumpum (Offline)
JF Old Timer

China - 01-22-2011, 12:29 AM

ok Mods please dont delete this - i am trying to be serious honest to god.

I know this is japanforum but i have aquestion about China so it is kinda relevant. I live in England and all i ever hear about China is condemnation and bad stuff like dictatorship and communist etc. But what i dont understand is what China is actually doing wrong because as far as i can see the chinese people are not starving or dying, the country is almost a superpower and has a great army along with very serious growth. So yes China maybe ruled by dictatorship but i dont see any hardship, in fact i see quite a successful country!

By the way this is just my perspective, i admit i may be fully wrong on this but that is why i posted the question. Can somebody tell me what China does that is so wrong eg. is there anything a chinese person cant do that i can do here in the uk?

or am i right and there is actually an anti china bias here in the uk news.

The things that come to those who wait are the things that are left by those who got there first !
(#2 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

01-22-2011, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpum View Post
ok Mods please dont delete this - i am trying to be serious honest to god.

I know this is japanforum but i have aquestion about China so it is kinda relevant. I live in England and all i ever hear about China is condemnation and bad stuff like dictatorship and communist etc. But what i dont understand is what China is actually doing wrong because as far as i can see the chinese people are not starving or dying, the country is almost a superpower and has a great army along with very serious growth. So yes China maybe ruled by dictatorship but i dont see any hardship, in fact i see quite a successful country!

By the way this is just my perspective, i admit i may be fully wrong on this but that is why i posted the question. Can somebody tell me what China does that is so wrong eg. is there anything a chinese person cant do that i can do here in the uk?

or am i right and there is actually an anti china bias here in the uk news.
It is a censored society.
People don't have the freedoms others do or take for granted.
and that's just for starters....
(#3 (permalink))
Old
pumpum (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-22-2011, 12:44 AM

Can you give an example of such censorship please? that is what im trying to find out.

The things that come to those who wait are the things that are left by those who got there first !
(#4 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)

01-22-2011, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Can you give an example of such censorship please? that is what im trying to find out.
Internet censorship....
(#5 (permalink))
Old
pumpum (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-22-2011, 01:00 AM

I know this much, but of what exactly?

Can they still do online shopping etc. play games? book flights? i mean what exactly can they not do online..because if it is just critisize their government then i do not think that that is such a big thing in the big scheme of things.

(#6 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)

01-22-2011, 01:06 AM

Quote:
I know this much, but of what exactly?

Can they still do online shopping etc. play games? book flights? i mean what exactly can they not do online..because if it is just critisize their government then i do not think that that is such a big thing in the big scheme of things.
List of websites blocked in the People's Republic of China - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(#7 (permalink))
Old
pumpum (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-22-2011, 01:14 AM

OK thank you, but granted while not ideal it is hardly surpressing people to block them from such sites as youtube or even the internet at all. That in itself does not constitute a nation in contrast to say zimbabwe where people are actually suffering.

(#8 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)

01-22-2011, 01:17 AM

Quote:

Can somebody tell me what China does that is so wrong eg. is there anything a chinese person cant do that i can do here in the uk?
This was your question, right?
(#9 (permalink))
Old
pumpum (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-22-2011, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBraden View Post
This was your question, right?
yep but that is nowhere near what i would classify as "so wrong"
i was expecting someone to point out human massacres or systems of enforced labour, slaveship etc...

being banned from youtube...well thats hardly a war crime now is it?

and btw - you did also say that this was "just for starters...." so surely you have evidence of further atrocities.

(#10 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)

01-22-2011, 01:34 AM

Quote:
yep but that is nowhere near what i would classify as "so wrong"
i was expecting someone to point out human massacres or systems of enforced labour, slaveship etc...

being banned from youtube...well thats hardly a war crime now is it?

and btw - you did also say that this was "just for starters...." so surely you have evidence of further atrocities.
I don't live in China so I don't know anything personally.... All the information I know comes from other sources-sources that can be biased.... I don't have any "evidence".... I'm not an economist, so I can't explain to you what they're doing to the world's economies.... I don't work for Amnesty International so I don't know of any alleged "atrocities" or human rights violations.... etc....

And right now, I just don't have the time or patience to cater to your queries-queries that may be better answered in Chinaforum.com. You asked a question and I answered. If the answer wasn't the one you wanted, then it's not my fault nor my problem....