JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#51 (permalink))
Old
WingsToDiscovery (Offline)
JF Noob

08-12-2011, 03:51 AM

I don't have a problem with Roppongi; just it's clientele. I'm used to dirt, grime, sketchy alleys, etc. It's what I grew up in. But what I didn't grow up in was an environment that perpetuates that tourists can come on the weekend and reek havoc on my city with no consequences.

I'm not a cynic; I just like to play Devil's Advocate once in a while.
My photos from Japan and around the world:
http://www.flickr.com/dylanwphotography
(#52 (permalink))
Old
japan1234567 (Offline)
JF Regular

08-12-2011, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samokan View Post
Personally, I never did like Roppongi. I was there early in Sunday morning because I have to get to the embassy ( yes it was open that time only ), the streets were so dirty and puke seems to everywhere . Lot's of drunk both foreigner and locals. Garbage seems to be everywhere too. It's like I am back in my city's wet market area
We are used to leave Roppongi in the darkness. Some too much drunk people would also have the same behaviour in other Tokyo's districts and in other cities too. So, i think it hasen't to do with Roppongi.

Honestly I haven't seen that. Maybe because when i'm in Tokyo, we just go 1-2 times to Roppongi. Each time we spend approx. 3 hours there and that's always a good time for us.

Last edited by japan1234567 : 08-12-2011 at 08:57 AM.
(#53 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

08-12-2011, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by japan1234567 View Post
We are used to leave Roppongi in the darkness. Some too much drunk people would also have the same behaviour in other Tokyo's districts and in other cities too. So, i think it hasen't to do with Roppongi.

Honestly I haven't seen that. Maybe because when i'm in Tokyo, we just go 1-2 times to Roppongi. Each time we spend approx. 3 hours there and that's always a good time for us.
Roppongi HIll is about the only thing good about Roppongi, everywhere else are overrun with drunk gaijin and shady bar with Nigerian bouncer..... The whole atmosphere there is just weird, I've seen more non-Japanese people there than I have anywhere else in Japan...
(#54 (permalink))
Old
tokusatsufan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-12-2011, 12:02 PM

That's what seems interesting about it though!
(#55 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

08-12-2011, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokusatsufan View Post
Ha ha, until people wake up in a back alley with all their valuables stolen.. that happened to a friend of mine.. and I also vaguely remember some member on this forum posting similar experience....
(#56 (permalink))
Old
OHayou (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-12-2011, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokusatsufan View Post
No doubt tokusatsu!

I have always had this long standing impression that most of my fellow Japan lovers are typically pretty smart people but introverts by nature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwine View Post
Ha ha, until people wake up in a back alley with all their valuables stolen.. that happened to a friend of mine.. and I also vaguely remember some member on this forum posting similar experience....
lol...this can happen anywhere ya know? I mean if we're getting to fear mongering you better not go to Britain either because they actually have video of people robbing a man of his valuables.

Also, you better not drive anywhere because only a little yellow line separates you from a car driving in the other direction at 60 miles an hour.

Last edited by OHayou : 08-12-2011 at 12:22 PM.
(#57 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

08-12-2011, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHayou View Post
No doubt tokusatsu!

I have always had this long standing impression that most of my fellow Japan lovers are typically pretty smart people but introverts by nature.

lol...this can happen anywhere ya know? I mean if we're getting to fear mongering you better not go to Britain either because they actually have video of people robbing a man of his valuables.

Also, you better not drive anywhere because only a little yellow line separates you from a car driving in the other direction at 60 miles an hour.
Wasn't being a fear monger.. just saying.. I mean, some places, I travel to, and am prepare for things that could happen... like Japan for example, I travel there, knowing that there could be a mjor quake. I mean, with Roppongi, i am just avoiding because i know this could happen.. valuable is one thing, my buddy was stripped of everything.. including any ids and passport... it was such a hassle having to verify his identity at the embassy......
(#58 (permalink))
Old
maplecastle (Offline)
New to JF

08-12-2011, 01:31 PM

I really want to go Tokyo,though I just learn about it with reading some travel books.Oh,it's my dream,but when can it come true?
(#59 (permalink))
Old
tokusatsufan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-12-2011, 10:10 PM

The thing is though,I've been to Roppongi,not in the bars,but I didn't get anything nicked and I did in Akihabara,which I wouldn't not go to,so you never know.

I suppose I wouldn't want to LIVE in either place being as they're quite extreme.