JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
samokan (Offline)
0xFFFF_FFFF

11-15-2011, 02:31 AM

I've always like Hankyu Line. It's spacious and its reddish .
Even though Odakyu line is very crowded, I still like it, specially on weekends.

I do like Shinkansen, but I still prefer the "normal" ones.

*** Omnia Muntantor, Nihil Interit ***

My Japan Life

-------------------------------------
(#12 (permalink))
Old
acjama (Offline)
JF Regular

11-28-2011, 06:33 AM

My favourites are Tama Monorail and Seibu Sayama. Great sceneries of urban areas from a slow-moving big window trains. Best in sunny days.

My all time low has switched from Den-en Toshi to Musashino (both because of what kind of people ride them) as of this morning, when I was attacked on the stairs by a freak in a suit. He was unintelligible so I honestly have no idea what was his problem with foreigners and I really don't care. He was feather weight and easily brushed aside, but still made a gloomy start for the day. Morning train was late due to suicide, but since there were 20 000 others who didn't lose it, there can be no excuse from that. Unfortunate that I will have to look out from now on while riding commuter trains.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

11-28-2011, 09:14 AM

I hate taking the trains in Japan. When I first came here they were a novelty to me, but after moving to a place where I had to commute three hours every day standing, I grew to dislike them.

Stations are crowded and noisy, many stations do not have elevators or escalators, the bathrooms are smelly, and homeless people often crowd the entrances and exits. The trains are crowded enough that you can tell what nearby people have eaten by the smell of their breath. Drunks wander the platforms in the late evenings, and vomit is a hazard.

Now I live within walking distance of Tokyo Station, but I also live close to my office, so now I can commute on foot or by bicycle. No more trains for me.