LinkBack Thread Tools
(#101 (permalink))
Old
iloverenatenten (Offline)
Hoked_on_Nyphetamine

05-21-2008, 04:38 PM

i think that u all make a verry big point. all of u have kept me openminded but
i just get so confused and it make me sad

i may still be a "kid" but im still learning about things like global warming and gay rights. u no the inpotant stuff. im 16 and im afraid it became in adult kuz i dont know what i would do. the government wants us to vote and take action but THEY dont even do anything to help. its not right to do that to the teens of this generation

so ya that what i have to say

Those who can live on nothing have nothing to live for.
(#102 (permalink))
Old
Thunda (Offline)
Don't bother reading

Send a message via MSN to Thunda
05-21-2008, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloverenatenten View Post
i think that u all make a verry big point. all of u have kept me openminded but
i just get so confused and it make me sad

i may still be a "kid" but im still learning about things like global warming and gay rights. u no the inpotant stuff. im 16 and im afraid it became in adult kuz i dont know what i would do. the government wants us to vote and take action but THEY dont even do anything to help. its not right to do that to the teens of this generation

so ya that what i have to say
I feel like 20....

Man I'm busy as hell. Hit me up on MSN or pm me.
(#103 (permalink))
Old
fluffy0000 (Offline)
FJ to JF

Global Warming or not? food for thought - 05-21-2008, 05:05 PM

Only recently since early part of 20th century has the human population taken advantage of scientific advancements that transformed agriculture from simple farming into what it does today. Population of the earth in 2008' roughly 6,679,493,900 (United States Census International Programs Center)without the developement of artificial cheap nitrogen fertilizers developed in 1913' see Fritz Haber Nobel laureate Chemistry without this discovery the maximum growth of the worlds population would be roughly little more than half this number.
Since the last climatic changes identified as glacial periods recently identified as peaking as recently as 12,500 yrs ago and technically speaking - still occuring as we speak today in 08'.
Please note these glacial periods are ice sheets that are called names like Fraser, Pinedale, Wisconsin (in North America), Devensian (in the British Isles), Midlandian (in Ireland), Würm (in the Alps), Weichsel (or Vistula, in northern Central Europe), Valdai in Eastern Europe and Zyryanka in Siberia, Llanquihue in Chile and Otira in New Zealand.
Note the size and locations of these ice sheets and appreciate the size and fact that a great majority are or were located astride the 'breadbasket' of the planet. Even minor disruptions in weather with todays technology let alone market driven forces ( alternative fuels based on corn, soy, methene
biodiesel - have disrupted food prices and raised havoc especially in 3rd world nations such as Haiti, Sudan, Afghanistan, Mexico , Asia ). Note price increase
of the simple 'baguette' in France has been raised 3 times in less than as many weeks. Agriculture does not do well in markets driven by speculation
because poor people when hungry can topple governments- and topple economic markets far in advance of any 'Global Warming'.
(#104 (permalink))
Old
Thunda (Offline)
Don't bother reading

Send a message via MSN to Thunda
05-21-2008, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffy0000 View Post
Only recently since early part of 20th century has the human population taken advantage of scientific advancements that transformed agriculture from simple farming into what it does today. Population of the earth in 2008' roughly 6,679,493,900 (United States Census International Programs Center)without the developement of artificial cheap nitrogen fertilizers developed in 1913' see Fritz Haber Nobel laureate Chemistry without this discovery the maximum growth of the worlds population would be roughly little more than half this number.
Since the last climatic changes identified as glacial periods recently identified as peaking as recently as 12,500 yrs ago and technically speaking - still occuring as we speak today in 08'.
Please note these glacial periods are ice sheets that are called names like Fraser, Pinedale, Wisconsin (in North America), Devensian (in the British Isles), Midlandian (in Ireland), Würm (in the Alps), Weichsel (or Vistula, in northern Central Europe), Valdai in Eastern Europe and Zyryanka in Siberia, Llanquihue in Chile and Otira in New Zealand.
Note the size and locations of these ice sheets and appreciate the size and fact that a great majority are or were located astride the 'breadbasket' of the planet. Even minor disruptions in weather with todays technology let alone market driven forces ( alternative fuels based on corn, soy, methene
biodiesel - have disrupted food prices and raised havoc especially in 3rd world nations such as Haiti, Sudan, Afghanistan, Mexico , Asia ). Note price increase
of the simple 'baguette' in France has been raised 3 times in less than as many weeks. Agriculture does not do well in markets driven by speculation
because poor people when hungry can topple governments- and topple economic markets far in advance of any 'Global Warming'.
Did I hear baugette?

Man I'm busy as hell. Hit me up on MSN or pm me.
(#105 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

05-21-2008, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffy0000 View Post
You're posts always seem to be long and pointless...
(#106 (permalink))
Old
yuujirou (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via AIM to yuujirou
05-21-2008, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
You're posts always seem to be long and pointless...
have to admit that i'm absolutely lost as to the point of his post >.>'''

In the shadows beneath the trees he waits.
In the darkness under the moon he plots
In the silence of the night he kills.
(#107 (permalink))
Old
iloverenatenten (Offline)
Hoked_on_Nyphetamine

05-21-2008, 09:40 PM

i fell lost as well
and NOODLE u make a point they are way 2 long and have no real revelence to the converesations that are going on all in they are bad

Those who can live on nothing have nothing to live for.
(#108 (permalink))
Old
LAKKO (Offline)
JF

Send a message via MSN to LAKKO Send a message via Skype™ to LAKKO
05-21-2008, 09:59 PM

???I'm totally lost to the point of this all ???

Japan 2012
(#109 (permalink))
Old
Necoia (Offline)
New to JF

05-21-2008, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKKO View Post
???I'm totally lost to the point of this all ???
This is a debate about Global Warming.

What I have to say on this matter is that a lot of people don't seem to know that the Greenhouse Effect is no new thing. It's actually been here for a very long time, is in fact the reason we are here at all because it keeps the Earth warm.

And someone here said that 2002 through 2005 were the hottest years in two centuries...That just shows us that our global warming isn't actually very horrible , seeing as it was even warmer 200 years ago before man started to add to the Greenhouse effect.
(#110 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

05-21-2008, 10:09 PM

I should probably do more for the environment. I waste tons of electricity. I NEVER turn my computer off, literally. I should invest in an alarm clock, a lot less electricity than my computer uses to wake me up.