JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
kitski (Offline)
Kakkoi

Tokyo has 1st winter without snow on record - 03-01-2007, 04:43 PM

Thursday, March 1, 2007

Tokyo experienced the first winter without snowfall on record since 1876, the Japan Meteorological Agency said Thursday. The agency's observatory point in Otemachi, central Tokyo, did not record any snowfall from December to February, the period defined as winter in Japan.

Tokyo is more inclined to have heavy snow in early spring than in midwinter but it is not certain if the area will have such weather in March or later because temperatures are expected to remain higher than usual, the agency said.

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
Just walk beside me and be my friend.-- Albert Camus
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
03-01-2007, 05:46 PM

We had one day of snow here...
Last year had incredible amounts of snow, but this year was just warm. I hope that trend doesn`t follow into the summer. I definitely don`t want to have an abnormally hot spring and summer.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
kitski (Offline)
Kakkoi

03-01-2007, 06:00 PM

only one day?
so i guess you did not have white christmas

(#4 (permalink))
Old
annelie82 (Offline)
Zzzz...zzz.....zz...

03-01-2007, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitski View Post
only one day?
so i guess you did not have white christmas
White christmases are becoming a thing of the past in many countries, it seems. In Sweden (at least where I live) we had slush for christmas. Have Japanese authorities linked this abnormality in the Japanese climate to global warming?

~annelie

"It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." -from the film Coach Carter
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Catacombs (Offline)
Drink Your Milk

Send a message via MSN to Catacombs
03-01-2007, 08:32 PM

If people don’t say that this is because of global warming then they are dumb. World is going to shit before we know it.

"It is better to avenge a friend than to mourn for him." - BEOWULF
(#6 (permalink))
Old
annelie82 (Offline)
Zzzz...zzz.....zz...

03-02-2007, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catacombs View Post
If people don’t say that this is because of global warming then they are dumb. World is going to shit before we know it.
No arguments with you there, Catacombs. Have you seen "Global warming: a global warning" with Al Gore? If not, I think you'd like it.

For those of you who live in the UK, there is an undercover documentary called Dispatches: Greenwash on Channel 4, Monday, 8pm that investigates what exactly is being done in practice to combat climate change.

Channel 4 will also broadcast another documentary (I forget what it's called) at some point within the next week that examines whether the global warming theory is in fact just a political swindle. For those of you who like to know both sides of the debate.

~annelie

"It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." -from the film Coach Carter
(#7 (permalink))
Old
kitski (Offline)
Kakkoi

03-02-2007, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annelie82 View Post
White christmases are becoming a thing of the past in many countries, it seems. In Sweden (at least where I live) we had slush for christmas. Have Japanese authorities linked this abnormality in the Japanese climate to global warming?

~annelie
yeah in estonia where i live were also that slush as you said..no snow..but before christmas it snowed alot.
dunno

(#8 (permalink))
Old
annelie82 (Offline)
Zzzz...zzz.....zz...

03-02-2007, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitski View Post
yeah in estonia where i live were also that slush as you said..no snow..but before christmas it snowed alot.
dunno
It's just not right is it, a christmas without snow...like bringing in a christmas tree and not decorating it. Without decorations it's just a stupid pine tree...

Oh well, let's hope next christmas turns out better.

~annelie

(#9 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
03-02-2007, 05:55 PM

Lol, at least you guys got to experience a 'white winter'.. I've never even seen real snow before.. except through the media... O.o

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
deadthinker (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-02-2007, 05:58 PM

omg !!!!!!!!!!!!!! awww poor you it nvr propaly snows here but atleast we get some

next time its snows i shall pass some through the computer to you ^^

omg i cant believe that gahhhhhhhhh your deprived!