LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
kitski (Offline)
Kakkoi

tokyo news - 05-06-2007, 12:13 PM

Sunday, May 6, 2007

Imperial Palace opens Fukiage area to public for 1st time

The Imperial Household Agency organized a nature-observing event in the Imperial Palace's Fukiage woodland area on Friday, allowing the general public to walk through the area for the first time. A total of 100 people in three groups walked a 1-kilometer route in the 25-hectare park, which abounds in natural beauty, and has been left almost untouched for about 70 years, agency officials said.

The visitors were selected via a lottery from among more than 30,000 applicants seeking to take part in the rare event. Emperor Akihito proposed organizing the event in observance of the four-week "Greenery period" created on the basis of last August's Cabinet decision, saying he wants to share the experience of enjoying Fukiage's natural beauty with the public, the agency officials said.

Kutaragi, father of PlayStation series, to quit Sony Computer board

Sony Computer Entertainment Inc said Thursday that Chairman Ken Kutaragi, known as the father of the PlayStation game console series, will resign from the post and leave the firm's board on June 19, when his tenure as a board member expires.

Kutaragi, 56, is credited with having played a leading role in founding Sony Computer Entertainment and made the PlayStation video game console into a blockbuster hit in households across the world.

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
Just walk beside me and be my friend.-- Albert Camus
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

05-11-2007, 02:54 AM

So Fukiage is a forest in Japan closed to the public? Is there a reason behind this? And, if it has been sealed for so long, why open it up now??
(#3 (permalink))
Old
kitski (Offline)
Kakkoi

05-11-2007, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanji_The_Wanderer View Post
So Fukiage is a forest in Japan closed to the public? Is there a reason behind this? And, if it has been sealed for so long, why open it up now??
i have no idea why it was closed to the public before.i bet it looks really picturesque.

(#4 (permalink))
Old
風林火山

05-19-2007, 05:04 AM

Maybe Nyororin knows something. We should ask her about it. I'd like to know more. I am very curious about this. This has been some of the most interesting news so far I think.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
annelie82 (Offline)
Zzzz...zzz.....zz...

05-19-2007, 10:58 AM

Kitski, I'm always very impressed with your ability to dig up worthwhile news items. What's your source? I'd really appreciate some advice on where (except for JF) to read up on the latest news and events in Japan.

"It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." -from the film Coach Carter
(#6 (permalink))
Old
風林火山

05-20-2007, 01:20 AM

Yeah I know. She manages to get some very interesting news onto the forums. I'd like to read more about the one, the secret forest Fukiage.

Do you think you could supply some more information on this one Kitski-chan ??
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Tsukikage (Offline)
6th div vice

05-20-2007, 02:42 AM

From what I understand, its an area owned by the emporer etc, and therefore private?
i seem to remember reading somthing else about it recently, cant remember my source (please correct me if im wrong, as I probably am)

Bankai!
(#8 (permalink))
Old
kitski (Offline)
Kakkoi

05-20-2007, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Yeah I know. She manages to get some very interesting news onto the forums. I'd like to read more about the one, the secret forest Fukiage.

Do you think you could supply some more information on this one Kitski-chan ??
thanks annelie and kanjikun.sorry for not answering earlier.
sure i can give some sites^^
about fukiage and other japanese news you can read here... Kyodo News - Photos
there are some pretty pictures if you scroll it down
and i sometimes read from yahoo: asia pacific.
Imperial Palace opens Fukiage area to public for 1st time
http://www.tokyonews.co.jp/
The Japan Times Online -- National News, Business News, Opinion, Sports, Entertainment and More

news time.
15-year-old Ishikawa makes history with Munsingwear victory

Sunday, May 20, 2007

TAMANO — High school student Ryo Ishikawa put his name in the history books in Japanese golf Sunday by becoming the youngest winner on the men's professional tour at the Munsingwear Open KSB Cup.

Ishikawa, a 15-year-old former national junior high school champion, upstaged the top pros in the field with a one-shot win following a 6-under-par 66 in the final round on a day when 36 holes were played in a tournament affected by bad weather. Ishikawa produced the best score of the final round, including a decisive birdie on the par-3 17th, which moved him to 12-under 276 to edge 34-year-old veteran Katsumasa Miyamoto in his first-ever tour appearance.

Stork egg hatches naturally in the wild for 1st time in 43 years

Sunday, May 20, 2007

An egg laid by artificially-bred oriental white storks that were released into the wild in 2006 has hatched naturally, a breeding farm in Hyogo Prefecture said Sunday. In 43 years, it is the first confirmed hatching of an egg laid naturally by storks living in the wild, according to the Hyogo Prefectural Homeland for the Oriental White Stork.

The egg was produced by a 7-year-old male stork and 9-year-old female stork released into the natural environment on Sept. 24 last year in Toyooka, Hyogo Prefecture. The breeding farm said the pair started mating in early April and created a nest atop a 13-meter-tall manmade nest post in a rice paddy. The baby stork is expected to fly out of its nest as early as July, if it grows steadily, the farm said.

Last edited by kitski : 05-20-2007 at 12:57 PM.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
風林火山

05-24-2007, 03:52 PM

WOW! Thanx for sending the site to the Fukiage Forest Kitski-chan! I now understand why it was kept secret for so long.

The Fukiage area is located in the innermost area of the Imperial Palace's grounds, so it was off limits to everyone.

The Fukiage area is where the Emperor and the Empress live, but the Emperor decided to share the forest with the public. The forest has been being preserved for over 70 years since the time when a previous Emperor wanted to protect the fauna and wildlife.

Very interesting! It was fun to read it!
(#10 (permalink))
Old
kitski (Offline)
Kakkoi

05-24-2007, 04:07 PM

Quote:
WOW! Thanx for sending the site to the Fukiage Forest Kitski-chan! I now understand why it was kept secret for so long.

The Fukiage area is located in the innermost area of the Imperial Palace's grounds, so it was off limits to everyone.

The Fukiage area is where the Emperor and the Empress live, but the Emperor decided to share the forest with the public. The forest has been being preserved for over 70 years since the time when a previous Emperor wanted to protect the fauna and wildlife.

Very interesting! It was fun to read it!
welcome.talking about Emperor.he is in Estonia(my country) now.i'm watching him from the television.he likes estonia a lot.and estonian language^^i'm so happy.i wanted to go and see him but i didn't.The emperor and his wife are so friendly.