JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
PrincessUnicorn (Offline)
Princess of Unicorns

Is there any other way to get to Japan other than flying? - 03-24-2008, 11:44 PM

Basically my boyfriend is a little worried of flying, not about it crashing, but about the fact that there is a slim chance of survival if it does.

We really want to go to Japan next year, but I was wondering if there are any alternative ways of getting to Japan?

I am the Princess
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Gaberdeen (Offline)
僕の名前わGaryです

03-24-2008, 11:51 PM

Where would you be leaving from?

By ship will take many weeks from europe and America.
Train will take a few weeks at best and a port crossing from somewhere with shipping routes to where you are going.

Either way, it will cost a fortune to travel OTHER than flying - have your boyfriend take some tranx before he flies. Cheaper and a lot less hassle.

(#3 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

03-24-2008, 11:51 PM

With money, anything is possible.... For one, I know for a fact that there are Asian cruise that port in Japan, that said, I am sure you can find a way to travel to Japan on boat, but how much do you want to spend?
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

03-24-2008, 11:55 PM

Flying is probably one of the safest ways to travel.

I mean, realistically your at the same risk by boat, or train as you are flying.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Hatredcopter (Offline)
In the middle of nowhere!

03-25-2008, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessUnicorn View Post
Basically my boyfriend is a little worried of flying, not about it crashing, but about the fact that there is a slim chance of survival if it does.

We really want to go to Japan next year, but I was wondering if there are any alternative ways of getting to Japan?

You might want to tell him that he shouldn't take any walks outside or go for any car rides either then, because the chance of being hit and killed by a car while you're walking down the sidewalk is much greater than being in a plane crash. Planes are safer than any other kind of modern transportation.

郷に入っては郷に従え
(#6 (permalink))
Old
EveV (Offline)
Flee from hate.

Send a message via MSN to EveV Send a message via Yahoo to EveV
03-25-2008, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrien View Post
Flying is probably one of the safest ways to travel.

I mean, realistically your at the same risk by boat, or train as you are flying.
<< I don't think you can get to Japan by train Chris lol.. That is if she lives in any part of Britain/America etc.

Flying is best. Yeaaa if it crashed you won't survive but nothing you can get into can guarantee survival. Not even your own house! Just take sleeping pills before you get on the plane and you'll be fineeee.

Boat .. Eh. Pirates ( They still exist ) and weather aren't exactly any fun.

"The sky is cryin...
Can't you see the tears roll down the street?"
- Stevie Ray Vaughan
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Princess of Unicorns

03-25-2008, 12:04 AM

We would be traveling from the UK.

Not sure how much really, we are willing to save hehe

I understand the risks are still in the other forms of travel, but atleast with sailing you would have more chance to get out, where as with planes you do have the impact and stuff to worry about.

I am the Princess
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Princess of Unicorns

03-25-2008, 12:08 AM

Thankyou all for your comments so far.

I will check this thread in the morning, its 12:21am here and I am shattered! my eyes burn

Take care all!

Good night

I am the Princess
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

03-25-2008, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveV View Post
<< I don't think you can get to Japan by train Chris lol.. That is if she lives in any part of Britain/America etc.

Flying is best. Yeaaa if it crashed you won't survive but nothing you can get into can guarantee survival. Not even your own house! Just take sleeping pills before you get on the plane and you'll be fineeee.

Boat .. Eh. Pirates ( They still exist ) and weather aren't exactly any fun.
Fairly sure there is trains going in and our of Japan. I didn't say it'd be practical in any way though, lol.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Hatredcopter (Offline)
In the middle of nowhere!

03-25-2008, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrien View Post
Fairly sure there is trains going in and our of Japan. I didn't say it'd be practical in any way though, lol.
Have you looked at a map recently?

郷に入っては郷に従え