JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
ivory_byrd (Offline)
J*Rock Geisha

Anyone Been to Narita Airport? - 01-03-2007, 03:50 PM

I will be traveling to Guam in feb. and one of my layovers is in TOKYO JAPAN!!! but i have no idea

1. How to act
2. what the heck to do when i get off the plane

its a 5 hour layover so i want pleanty of time to take pictures and get a bunch of trinkets for friends... so is there anything i need to know.. since this is my first time traveling outside the us.. i got everything like passport and shots getting done but i have no idea what i do when i get to the airport in tokyo... (did i mention i am living out a dream...)

...blah....
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Pachipro (Offline)
JF Regular

01-03-2007, 04:06 PM

If I am not mistaken, if Japan is not one of your destinations you will be restricted to a small area for changing planes and forbidden to go outside that area and you will not be allowed to leave the airport. Since I have never flown through Japan I do not know if you can buy any trinkets or things like that, but probably you can. My destination has always been Japan.

Do What You Love And You'll NEVER Work Another Day In Your Life.

For blogs on my experiences of living in Japan please visit www.sushicam.com and click on "Pachipro"
(#3 (permalink))
Old
ivory_byrd (Offline)
J*Rock Geisha

01-03-2007, 04:06 PM

yeah since its 5 hours i dont think i will have the need but anythin else....

...blah....
(#4 (permalink))
Old
ivory_byrd (Offline)
J*Rock Geisha

01-03-2007, 04:11 PM

thanx... i hope i will be able to look around tho... i promised some pictures and a couple trinkets... but i hear that guam is like a cross between japan and hawaii... but still getting something in the japanese airport would still be cool... i wish i could just stay there but my boyfriend wants me in guam after he gets off his sub..

...blah....
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Pachipro (Offline)
JF Regular

01-03-2007, 06:47 PM

Good luck to you ivory_bird and I hope you get to take some good pics and buy some trinkets. Either way I think it will be a great experience for you. If you have a window seat you can take some neat pics of the closness of the houses and the farmlands as you are landing in Narita. I wish you the best.

Do What You Love And You'll NEVER Work Another Day In Your Life.

For blogs on my experiences of living in Japan please visit www.sushicam.com and click on "Pachipro"
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Gwen_Goth (Offline)
addict

01-03-2007, 10:48 PM

when i flew to narita i remember having to get a train to tokyo central - it took about an hour; narita isnt actually near the centre of tokyo im afraid; but you should beable to pick up some souvineers in the terminals - theyre pretty big

good luck!

-~Moddess ~-

▲ ▲
(#7 (permalink))
Old
jasonbvr (Offline)
TrixR4Kidz

01-04-2007, 07:01 AM

Narita isn't even in Tokyo unfortunately. It is in Narita which is two hours away on the cheap trains and maybe an hour by car or express train. I know that when people get off of the plane and have connecting flights, they go in a different direction than those actually going into the country. What is down that hall, I don't know. My roommate when I lived in China had a layover when he came over and had dinner at Narita so there will probably be some shops there. I reccomend getting a big bowl of ramen and drinking a few beers, this will make five hours fly by quite quickly.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
jpfinca (Offline)
New to JF

Narita - 01-04-2007, 08:27 AM

There are some shops at Narita even if you are confined to the layover area. I recall at least an electronics store, a book store, and a CD shop. By the way, if you are tired, you can even rent a tiny room with a bed for a nap. I did that once. It really hits the spot. It'll make the second leg of your journey much easier. Good luck!

Make friends in Japan and around the world at culturesplash.net
(#9 (permalink))
Old
ivory_byrd (Offline)
J*Rock Geisha

01-09-2007, 03:01 AM

just a couple questions

whats the legal drinking age in japan... i think its 16 but not sure

how much does a nap cost

where can i exchange my money

and

is everything really pricey

...blah....
(#10 (permalink))
Old
gillyguy (Offline)
New to JF

Tokyo airport - 01-09-2007, 12:18 PM

Hey,
I went to Japan last year for 10 days and it was a dream come true! As far as the airport goes, people are extremely considerate and helpful in spite of the language barrier. There are Sushi places to eat and enough stores to keep you busy during your lay-over. When we were there I tried to tip someone for his help and he refused it and said "I should not pay him for being considerate". Man, I knew I wasn't home! Enjoy your trip.

Gillyguy