JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
reireitan (Offline)
New to JF

Smile Osaka/Kyoto/Kobe trip from 24 oct to 3rd nov - 09-28-2008, 11:52 AM

Hi ~
I am planning my itinerary and was wondering if I could get some help/suggestions.

I will be 20 this year and this is my first time planning a whole trip by myself, traveling to a place alone where I do not know anyone or speak the language. Going alone because no one I know has the time/money and I didnt feel like dragging it. *I am not even 20 but I feel old already*
I have been wanting to go to Japan for a long time and finally I have money (after graduating and working for 5 months)

BTW, I am girl so maybe it will get scary at times. But I would not stand out like people from the west since I am Singaporean Chinese. Maybe people wont even realize I am a foreigner? haha But then that means I wont get any random help from the locals?

My flight is on 23rd Oct(got to sleep at HK airport for a night. o_0 reaching on the 24th) and returning to Singapore on the 3rd of Nov.

So technically I have 10 days to see Osaka/Kyoto/Kobe and maybe Nara? Probably going to go to the normal places listed on the net. Any random places that are not normally mentioned in the *places to see* lists that I should go?

I am trying real hard to get a concert ticket on Y!J because it is sold out. But if I do get it, I have to be in Osaka on the 28th.

So now I am unsure if I should go straight to Kobe from the airport, spend the weekend there and go to Osaka on Monday the 27th. Then spend a few days there then spend 1-2 days in Kyoto then Nara?

Or go to Osaka, leave for Kyoto on the 29th then Kobe on the 31st. Since I was thinking of visiting Kobe Design University (was thinking of studying there)

Is there any night life in Kobe since I might be there during the week end? Because I like drinking/clubbing though not sure if I can get in because I am not 20 yet T_T I heard about a few clubs in Osaka! I so want to go~~~

SHOPPING IS A MUST! HAHA!

Not sure if I should go to Universal Studios. Imagine going there alone. Its quite sad. IMO T_T

Got any suggestions? Seriously, i am quite at a lost but I know I got to plan everything out properly if not, I would be wasting my money and not enjoy the trip T_T

I shall try my luck in getting a phone from softbank too! Too bad the skype method from Houseteks doesn't work from Singapore.
><
I read that just my passport and hotel/hostel address is enough? I hope it works for me!

Does anyone know anyone in these few areas that don't mind showing me around? Its always nicer to know someone there!

Oh yes! It should not be THAT cold right? Cos I come from a Summer all-year-round place so I cant wait to go to a colder place but hope I wont suffer over there. I know the temperature in degrees but not exactly sure how cold it would actually be or how many layers I should wear ^^|||

Thanks in advance!!

reireitan
(#2 (permalink))
Old
zemaj (Offline)
New to JF

Hello - 10-19-2008, 12:07 PM

Hii we are going to osaka as well on the 23rd arriving 23rd. wanna catch up ?
(#3 (permalink))
Old
samokan (Offline)
0xFFFF_FFFF

10-20-2008, 12:13 AM

Osaka, Kyoto , Kobe and Nara are just 20-30 minutes away from each other.

I think it would be best if you stay in Osaka, since it is convenient to reach Kobe,Kyoto and Nara from there.

Night Life in Kobe? ... yup yup yup.. although I'm not quite familiar where since I'm not that interested in that, but most of my friends here would spend a night in Kobe, drinking, dancing, playing billiards till wee hours in the morning... it is a lively city.

I can probably show you some shopping area here in Osaka, and Kobe on the weekend... just contact me here

anyway enjoy..

*** Omnia Muntantor, Nihil Interit ***

My Japan Life

-------------------------------------
(#4 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-20-2008, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samokan View Post
Osaka, Kyoto , Kobe and Nara are just 20-30 minutes away from each other.

I think it would be best if you stay in Osaka, since it is convenient to reach Kobe,Kyoto and Nara from there.

Night Life in Kobe? ... yup yup yup.. although I'm not quite familiar where since I'm not that interested in that, but most of my friends here would spend a night in Kobe, drinking, dancing, playing billiards till wee hours in the morning... it is a lively city.

I can probably show you some shopping area here in Osaka, and Kobe on the weekend... just contact me here

anyway enjoy..
In Kobe, Sannomiya is going to be the place for the night life. It's not as big as Osaka, but I prefer it...a little bit cleaner and more civilized in my opinion.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
samokan (Offline)
0xFFFF_FFFF

10-21-2008, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
In Kobe, Sannomiya is going to be the place for the night life. It's not as big as Osaka, but I prefer it...a little bit cleaner and more civilized in my opinion.
ahh yes, Sannomiya.. since there is also a station called Kobe.

*** Omnia Muntantor, Nihil Interit ***

My Japan Life

-------------------------------------
(#6 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-21-2008, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samokan View Post
ahh yes, Sannomiya.. since there is also a station called Kobe.
Kobe station is one or two stops from Sannomiya, but that is a shopping area, and not for bars and night clubs so much. Some great places for dates, though...
(#7 (permalink))
Old
New (Offline)
New to JF

10-13-2009, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reireitan View Post
Hi ~
I am planning my itinerary and was wondering if I could get some help/suggestions.

I will be 20 this year and this is my first time planning a whole trip by myself, traveling to a place alone where I do not know anyone or speak the language. Going alone because no one I know has the time/money and I didnt feel like dragging it. *I am not even 20 but I feel old already*
I have been wanting to go to Japan for a long time and finally I have money (after graduating and working for 5 months)

BTW, I am girl so maybe it will get scary at times. But I would not stand out like people from the west since I am Singaporean Chinese. Maybe people wont even realize I am a foreigner? haha But then that means I wont get any random help from the locals?

My flight is on 23rd Oct(got to sleep at HK airport for a night. o_0 reaching on the 24th) and returning to Singapore on the 3rd of Nov.

So technically I have 10 days to see Osaka/Kyoto/Kobe and maybe Nara? Probably going to go to the normal places listed on the net. Any random places that are not normally mentioned in the *places to see* lists that I should go?

I am trying real hard to get a concert ticket on Y!J because it is sold out. But if I do get it, I have to be in Osaka on the 28th.

So now I am unsure if I should go straight to Kobe from the airport, spend the weekend there and go to Osaka on Monday the 27th. Then spend a few days there then spend 1-2 days in Kyoto then Nara?

Or go to Osaka, leave for Kyoto on the 29th then Kobe on the 31st. Since I was thinking of visiting Kobe Design University (was thinking of studying there)

Is there any night life in Kobe since I might be there during the week end? Because I like drinking/clubbing though not sure if I can get in because I am not 20 yet T_T I heard about a few clubs in Osaka! I so want to go~~~

SHOPPING IS A MUST! HAHA!

Not sure if I should go to Universal Studios. Imagine going there alone. Its quite sad. IMO T_T

Got any suggestions? Seriously, i am quite at a lost but I know I got to plan everything out properly if not, I would be wasting my money and not enjoy the trip T_T

I shall try my luck in getting a phone from softbank too! Too bad the skype method from Houseteks doesn't work from Singapore.
><
I read that just my passport and hotel/hostel address is enough? I hope it works for me!

Does anyone know anyone in these few areas that don't mind showing me around? Its always nicer to know someone there!

Oh yes! It should not be THAT cold right? Cos I come from a Summer all-year-round place so I cant wait to go to a colder place but hope I wont suffer over there. I know the temperature in degrees but not exactly sure how cold it would actually be or how many layers I should wear ^^|||

Thanks in advance!!

reireitan
wow...u goiing ALONE!!! 23rd is next friday.
shiok!

which hotel will you be putting at?

I plan to go next march.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
reireitan (Offline)
New to JF

10-13-2009, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New View Post
wow...u goiing ALONE!!! 23rd is next friday.
shiok!

which hotel will you be putting at?

I plan to go next march.
Hi there!

Lol i went there last year! It was awesome~~
Stayed at mostly hostels which was like 30-40 sdg/night~ if I remember correctly

Gonna go back again once I finish my studies here. For now, I am gonna backpack europe since I am here~
(#9 (permalink))
Old
New (Offline)
New to JF

10-13-2009, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reireitan View Post
Hi there!

Lol i went there last year! It was awesome~~
Stayed at mostly hostels which was like 30-40 sdg/night~ if I remember correctly

Gonna go back again once I finish my studies here. For now, I am gonna backpack europe since I am here~
oh that was last year.....
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Shanis (Offline)
Going to be someone

Send a message via MSN to Shanis
10-13-2009, 05:54 PM

May I ask a little question en passant? How many days should I (others too xD) spend in cities to see all the things mentioned in a "must see"-list but also some insider places where normal japanese go to? I always think of people spending 10 days in japan: "wow that's so little time to enjoy the city and see everything worth seeing." Is that right or are 10 days enough?

When do you think people die?

When they are shot through the heart by the bullet of a pistol?
No.

When they are ravaged by an incurable disease?
No.

When they drink a soup made from a poisonous mushroom?
No!

It's when... they are forgotten.

~Dr. Hiluluk - One Piece