JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
emmygirl121 (Offline)
Don't waste those words

Send a message via AIM to emmygirl121
5,000$ for an inclusive trip to Japan? - 09-30-2008, 02:51 AM

Today I was offered a 14 day almost all inclusive trip to Tokyo japan?
It will cost me 5,000 dollars to go. I will have to quit a couple of my extra curricular activities to help pay for it, I will be going with people to people,

Is it a good deal? Is it worth me working a ton to raise the money?
could I go for any cheaper, at my age?
comments and suggestions please :P

Last edited by emmygirl121 : 09-30-2008 at 02:53 AM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
reptilesandsamurai (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-30-2008, 03:12 AM

What are the details? The company I use is usually around $1800 - $2500 for 10 days with everything included except for meals.

Intermixi Japan Tours

Reptiles have silly grins
Dark eyes--shiny teeth--some have fins
Samurai they smile never
Serious--pretty swords--very clever
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Raisthlin (Offline)
JF Regular

09-30-2008, 03:42 AM

i really dont think its a good idea no matter what the tours included and IM SURE there is some stuff not included...there always is.

Let me explain.

First, 5000 is a lot of money. Now matter how much you got you have to think about it cost/quality wise. 14 days for 5000$ a bit expensive. It cost me 3.5K$ for a month. And i was throwing money out the window. Of course, you could spend 5k in a single night as well but then again you really wouldnt get a bang for your bucks.

Second, you could easily spend a whole month in Japan with 5k and still have a hard time spending that much. Trust me i was eating at restaurants like 3-4 times a days, doing museums, castles, attractions and all. You probably have some really tricky tourist trap included in that tour. Like those geishas night in gion, ninja outfit and etc. tourist trap

Give us more details, some experts over here might be able to further help you but personally...i really dont think that a14 days for 5000$ all inclusive is a good idea unlesss your sleeping in 4-5 stars hotels, have 3 meals per day and absolutely no entry fee to pay for anything. And it must have a LOTS of stuff to do because i visited like 10 castles, 15 museums, 12 cities, countless attractions, gardens, mountains and much more for a lower cost.

The only good thing about that kind of all inclusive is you might get a translator and guide on site. Then again, i think experiencing a new country by yourself and interacting with people is a much more memorable experience then having a guide tell the waitress what you want for dinner.

Have fun planning your trip.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

09-30-2008, 04:34 AM

I used to host 3 week tours for high school kids for about $2500. I think that sounds way too expensive.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
09-30-2008, 05:32 AM

I agree that it sounds outrageously expensive, unless they have some pretty freaking amazing things planned. (Private helicopter flights around the city, a cruise, suite rooms, etc) Something which I highly doubt.

But to be certain, you need to tell us what exactly is included in "all inclusive". Flight, hotel, and food will not eat that much cash. If it`s a very very nice trip with some seriously costly things planned (and that is what you`re expecting) then it may be a value. But, without knowing the details it`s very hard to say.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
kaelazors (Offline)
おっす!

09-30-2008, 07:02 PM

that seems pretty pricey for just 2 weeks =O

hello kitty clan leader
anime romance clan delegate

バスガス爆発ブスバスガイド ;]
(#7 (permalink))
Old
emmygirl121 (Offline)
Don't waste those words

09-30-2008, 10:27 PM

Well I don't know that much, But inclusive means, free tours, hotels, food, airlines, basically everything accept keepsakes/tourism items.

I don't know if i will go anymore?
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Raisthlin (Offline)
JF Regular

09-30-2008, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmygirl121 View Post
Well I don't know that much, But inclusive means, free tours, hotels, food, airlines, basically everything accept keepsakes/tourism items.

inclusive means all of those you mentionned but there is always some stuff not covered like transportations, meals and stuff. I looked at a lot of so called inclusive trip myself only to find out theres always some stuff not covered. Its really not a good quality/price ratio at all.

I usually dont give so straight forwarded advices, especially since we dont have all the details, but just forget about that offer. Im 99.9% sure its not worth it AT ALL since these kind of inclusive trip exist for one purpose only: profits, profits profits and more profits. And the only way there gonna make profits is by giving you less for your money. Its that simple. trust me, i used to plan all inclusive trip to Italy for my college.

Go by yourself, alone or with friends. not only will you do more but it will also be cheaper. Or you could go with 5000$ if you want to and then you could really have a lot of fun or stay longer like 2 months.

Seeya

PS: forgive my spelling, my english aint perfect yet.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
emmygirl121 (Offline)
Don't waste those words

10-01-2008, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raisthlin View Post
inclusive means all of those you mentionned but there is always some stuff not covered like transportations, meals and stuff. I looked at a lot of so called inclusive trip myself only to find out theres always some stuff not covered. Its really not a good quality/price ratio at all.

I usually dont give so straight forwarded advices, especially since we dont have all the details, but just forget about that offer. Im 99.9% sure its not worth it AT ALL since these kind of inclusive trip exist for one purpose only: profits, profits profits and more profits. And the only way there gonna make profits is by giving you less for your money. Its that simple. trust me, i used to plan all inclusive trip to Italy for my college.

Go by yourself, alone or with friends. not only will you do more but it will also be cheaper. Or you could go with 5000$ if you want to and then you could really have a lot of fun or stay longer like 2 months.

Seeya

PS: forgive my spelling, my english aint perfect yet.
the thing is i totally would go by myself but im only 14 so
I don't know
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
10-01-2008, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmygirl121 View Post

I would look around a bit more. I`m sure you can find somewhere more trustworthy with a more realistic price.

If they`re wanting to charge you that much, but haven`t even made it clear what is included... I definitely wouldn`t trust them.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.