LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
bELyVIS (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-09-2009, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedesjin View Post
lol yeah, don't worry. You're not the only one who has thought that. I've learned that the best thing is just to ignore that kind of attitude instead of respond to it.
Apparently it's only you and he who thinks this. How long until you convince Chile that I am a sexist racist? Don't encourage him.

The World's only Belly Dancing Elvis Impersonator!
(#22 (permalink))
Old
mercedesjin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-09-2009, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bELyVIS View Post
Apparently it's only you and he who thinks this. How long until you convince Chile that I am a sexist racist? Don't encourage him.
For you to seek me out and bring up the issue that you've made sexist and racist comments towards me must mean that you want to continue the discussion.

I don't.

Please be mature. Don't follow me around and try to bug me. Thank you.

LOVE: pass it on
(#23 (permalink))
Old
bELyVIS (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-09-2009, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedesjin View Post
For you to seek me out and bring up the issue that you've made sexist and racist comments towards me must mean that you want to continue the discussion.

I don't.

Please be mature. Don't follow me around and try to bug me. Thank you.
How holier than thou of you. My comment to you is to not encourage Chile into getting a attitude against anyone who disagrees with him.
BTW, I never made any sexist or racist comments towards you. I never made sexist or racist comments at all, you were the one accusing me of that and labeled me as such.
I don't follow you, you just happen to show up everywhere. I don't want to continue the discussion on that topic after you clearly lost the debate.

The World's only Belly Dancing Elvis Impersonator!
(#24 (permalink))
Old
Chile (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to Chile Send a message via Skype™ to Chile
07-09-2009, 03:58 PM

Quote:
How holier than thou of you. My comment to you is to not encourage Chile into getting a attitude against anyone who disagrees with him.
BTW, I never made any sexist or racist comments towards you. I never made sexist or racist comments at all, you were the one accusing me of that and labeled me as such.
I don't follow you, you just happen to show up everywhere. I don't want to continue the discussion on that topic after you clearly lost the debate.
I apologize for getting so saucy.

You know, both you and MMM are presumptuous.
My remark was rude, and I don't expect warm welcomes from the people who read it. I wouldn't have minded if someone said, initially "your questions are vague, why not return when you have a better idea what's going on?". But we don't always get what we want. I am a friend of this concept.
I'm not asking for hand-holding. I have not had my hand held my entire life, and I have no desire to start being lead around now. It is in our nature to jump to the extreme conclusions - don't you think? I have done it, and so have you.

MMM, I don't mind hearing things that I dislike. If that was the case I shouldn't like to leave my country. And I do appreciate your honest responses. Reading your posts in various threads, you always contribute something valuable to the discussion. I was especially interested in the "I don't want to live in Japan" thread. However, from your posts, I have been under the impression that you are pretty self-significant (I am compelled here, for fear of misinterpretation, to say that it was NOT from your comments in my own threads). I don't know you. Whatever the case may be, I'm sure we can drop the assumptions and move along.
Your twenty years of experience with the language, and multiple years of experience in and out of the culture is nothing short of admirable. I did not come here to devalue or scoff your accomplishments, or anyone's for that matter.

Mercedes, thanks for your help! You are right, once I select a university I will have an idea of which questions to ask. Temple is surprisingly expensive - I was a little shocked. But I have been told, again and again, not to expect universities in Japan to be cheap. =)
(#25 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-09-2009, 05:34 PM

I guess I'll have to live with presumptuous and self-significant. When you have some more specific questions toss them out there.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
mercedesjin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-09-2009, 05:35 PM

Quote:
lol okay, dude - it's over. It's done. I left the "debate" because I didn't feel like going on and on about it, and because I thought that people were being rude. If you don't accept that, that's your problem. Get over it. It's incredibly immature to try to bring the discussion up again in a completely different topic.

Dude. I'm putting you on my ignore list. Mmkay? Mmkay.

LOVE: pass it on