LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

11-09-2009, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ushkana View Post
Okay. I am American. I am native American,Italian , Mexican, and French. I am palnning on staying over there for a while and I am wondering if I will have problems being accepted over there. Help.......
You are American. None of the other stuff will make any difference.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

11-09-2009, 10:57 PM

You will be discrminated against by some, loved by other's.

Be strong, stay happy, keep positive and have a laugh.

If you are worried, come to Australia instead. We have plenty of Japanese and Korean here.

Cheers - Oz
(#13 (permalink))
Old
bELyVIS (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-10-2009, 02:07 AM

The nice thing about Japan is if they discriminate it is about you being a foreigner not so much about skin color or nationality. That's the culture, accept it or don't go. No one can make you feel bad about yourself except you if you let them.

The World's only Belly Dancing Elvis Impersonator!
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Polar (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-10-2009, 03:20 AM

I honestly wouldn't worry about it.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
dorkysan (Offline)
New to JF

11-11-2009, 01:38 PM

Everyone in tokyo looks so cool, i'm afraid they will treat me differently because i'm dorky and old ....lol.

one day when you get to my age, you'll realize that it doesn't matter what other people think, it's what you think, that matters. just have confidence in yourself, and everyone else will respect you, abroad and back home.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Maester (Offline)
Back in town Snitches!

11-11-2009, 01:53 PM

I believe Japan is turning into a real open community nowadays, as you see that there are even many black skinned people there from former US military bases, and all find their turn into society.

I don't think you need to lie even about your origin, you are what you are someone has to be it (kingdom of heaven ).

Btw: love your name, love mstrkrft, he/they (dunno for sure) did a super remix of FACT's los angeles.

Can you imagine what i could do, if i would do all i can. - Sun Tzu

(#17 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

11-11-2009, 05:33 PM

My thoughts: You've already created a social divide in your head so aslong as you think there might be any problems, your own superstition will make them for you...

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me
(#18 (permalink))
Old
RobinMask (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-11-2009, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkysan View Post
Everyone in tokyo looks so cool, i'm afraid they will treat me differently because i'm dorky and old ....lol.

one day when you get to my age, you'll realize that it doesn't matter what other people think, it's what you think, that matters. just have confidence in yourself, and everyone else will respect you, abroad and back home.
Doesn't that contradict itself? :P You're afraid they'll treat you differently but you also don't care what they think? Which one is it?

I do agree with you though and everyone else; it doesn't matter where you're from, some people will discriminate and some won't, but that's the way in any country. It's just a matter of having the confidence to accept yourself and not bother what anyone else says. Generally people treat you how you treat them, so you'll probably get treated well over there.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
dorkysan (Offline)
New to JF

11-13-2009, 06:53 PM

how do you say "sarcasm" in japanese? lol
(#20 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

11-13-2009, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkysan View Post
Everyone in tokyo looks so cool, i'm afraid they will treat me differently because i'm dorky and old
Then go to Akihabara.