JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Spritz (Offline)
New to JF

Home from Japan - 06-03-2010, 10:58 PM

Well the Limo Bus to Himeji was definitely the way to go HOWEVER - I was advised by the bus person when I arrived in Kansai to get a return ticket as I would be returning to the airport to come home. So for 5000Y I purchased a return ticket. Imagine my surprise when I went to board the bus to the airport in Himeji only to be told my ticket had expired. No where did it say in English or Japanese at the Kansai airport ticket machine that the ticket was only valid for 14 days from purchase. So it was another 3200Y for my ticket back to the airport. A very nice Japanese lady (who spoke very good English) spoke to the Bus people once we got to the airport and they refused to give me the difference in ticket (1800Y). "So sorry" was the reply. It is very unfortunate that this was my last experience in Japan. Barring that, the trip was amazing

Thank you again those who replied to help me get to Himeji
(#12 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-03-2010, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritz View Post
Well the Limo Bus to Himeji was definitely the way to go HOWEVER - I was advised by the bus person when I arrived in Kansai to get a return ticket as I would be returning to the airport to come home. So for 5000Y I purchased a return ticket. Imagine my surprise when I went to board the bus to the airport in Himeji only to be told my ticket had expired. No where did it say in English or Japanese at the Kansai airport ticket machine that the ticket was only valid for 14 days from purchase. So it was another 3200Y for my ticket back to the airport. A very nice Japanese lady (who spoke very good English) spoke to the Bus people once we got to the airport and they refused to give me the difference in ticket (1800Y). "So sorry" was the reply. It is very unfortunate that this was my last experience in Japan. Barring that, the trip was amazing

Thank you again those who replied to help me get to Himeji
If that was the worst think to happen on the trip, then it sounds like a smashing success.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Spritz (Offline)
New to JF

06-05-2010, 06:14 PM

Yes it truly was an amazing trip. I loved Himeji, we took the bus (approx 3800Y each way) to Hiroshima and spent the night at a fabulous hostel - Reino Inn Hostel, ventured to Kyoto and did a trip to Nara. The transportation system in amazing linking the cities. It was truly a trip of a life time

Thank you again for your posts and assistance.
Warm Regards