JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Spritz (Offline)
New to JF

Question KIX (Kansai) to Himeji - 04-22-2010, 03:53 AM

Hello - First thank you for this forum and opportunity to gain advice from such a wide group of people.

I am arriving in Kansai on the 30th of April mid afternoon. My daughter is in Himeji and unable to meet me at the airport. What is the easiest and least expensive way for me to get to Himeji? She can meet me at a main point in Himeji.

I will be in Japan - based out of Himeji for 3 weeks - until May 20th when I return to Canada (Victoria, B.C.). We are planning on going to Hiroshima and Kyoto. As she is on a student budget - and her bf just lost his job with GEOS - we are looking for economical tourist things for my trip - suggestions? ideas?

Thank you for your time and access to this terrific forum.
Take care,
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

04-22-2010, 04:07 AM

The cheapest way would probably be to take a limousine bus from KIX to JR Osaka station, and then take the Kobe Line train from JR Osaka to JR Himeji

JR Kobe Line - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Take an Express train to save on time.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Spritz (Offline)
New to JF

04-22-2010, 10:51 PM

Thank you for your reply.

It has been suggested that I take the Limo bus directly to Himeji and thus avoid up & down stairs with luggage. As I will be completing a VERY long day of 14+ hrs of flying, the least amount of confusion is better - thoughts on this route?

Any other MUST see/do events/activities? We are going to Hiroshima and will be looking for a nice inexpensive hotel/motel to overnight - Google my best bet? or do you have any suggestions?

Thank you again
Cheers
(#4 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

04-22-2010, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritz View Post
Thank you for your reply.

It has been suggested that I take the Limo bus directly to Himeji and thus avoid up & down stairs with luggage. As I will be completing a VERY long day of 14+ hrs of flying, the least amount of confusion is better - thoughts on this route?

Any other MUST see/do events/activities? We are going to Hiroshima and will be looking for a nice inexpensive hotel/motel to overnight - Google my best bet? or do you have any suggestions?

Thank you again
Cheers
If there is a Limo bus to Himeji, then take it. I didn't realized they went that far out.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Spritz (Offline)
New to JF

04-23-2010, 02:21 AM

Thank you so much
(#6 (permalink))
Old
bELyVIS (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-23-2010, 03:55 AM

The bus is great. We took it for my wedding and it made it easy for my elderly parents to get there after a 30 hour trip. Enjoy your trip.

The World's only Belly Dancing Elvis Impersonator!
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Spritz (Offline)
New to JF

04-23-2010, 04:39 PM

Thank you bELyVIS - Can I assume that the bus can store my luggage under neath - that this is not an issue? Being an airport bus I wouldn't expect this to be a problem. I will be bringing 2 suitcases and my carry on.

Cheers
(#8 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

04-23-2010, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritz View Post
Thank you bELyVIS - Can I assume that the bus can store my luggage under neath - that this is not an issue? Being an airport bus I wouldn't expect this to be a problem. I will be bringing 2 suitcases and my carry on.

Cheers
Whatever you have is stored underneath.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
kyo_9 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via Yahoo to kyo_9
04-23-2010, 05:28 PM

yup..
I also prefer using limousine bus rather than the trains..
although it takes more time but the cost is the cheapest..

LiVe Ur LiFe
Don't do drugs!

(#10 (permalink))
Old
Neffiline (Offline)
JF Regular

04-23-2010, 07:15 PM

Definitely take the bus limousine :3

That's what I did when I went to Tokyo and it's AWESOME. You don't have to worry about anything, they take your luggage and drop them off with you. You just sit back and relax in the bus, I had fun seeing the view, they have BIG windows. It's nice for when you arrive after being tired, great first impression of Japan!~