JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
dxr (Offline)
JF Regular

08-17-2011, 06:32 PM

Thank you both

ANA seems to have just an ever so slight lead it seems. No matter because it seems every day I wait, something drastic happens.

Now there are no ANA or JAL flights in my price range except one JAL flight that is half operated by United (the return trip).

I am conflicted because I havent flown United in a long time, so I don't remember what their service was like.

Ack! I should have just bought last week. Ah well, thanks for the help anyway, guys
(#12 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

08-17-2011, 07:27 PM

The thing with flights operated by JAL and ANA is that they come to the destination city and turn around for the return trip. There's an AA flight leaving ORD [AA153/154 I think] that is always late in leaving because, once it lands at ORD, it then goes to BOS (Logan). The flight to NRT from ORD originally comes from BOS and if there are delays in that portion of the flight, you know they are compounded once they land at ORD.

That is why I use JAL.... At least the only delay I'll have in leaving ORD is if the flight leaves NRT with a long delay.... Usually foreign airlines aren't that bad with delays here at Chicago.

I'm sure UA is the same way as AA in that the flight then goes somewhere else or comes from somewhere else on its way to Japan. It's a shame you couldn't use either one.....

Last edited by JohnBraden : 08-17-2011 at 07:30 PM.