JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
peso76 (Offline)
New to JF

New Year - 10-18-2011, 06:44 AM

Hello everyone,
I am new to this forum but as you are a fan of Japan and in fact I have booked a trip for about a month in Tokyo during the New Year period. Of course I tried to inquire about the situation after the 11th of March earthquake and I read or heard by people who had been recently,the situation seems pretty quiet. But the other day I read about Greenpeace's radioactivity survey in Tokyo and it made me a little worried but since there is no way to find lots of information about it, I hope to find someone here who might live in Japan that could provide me some more news.
In addition, I would like to know if there is someone else who will be in Tokyo in New Year period.

Thanks to all!

Angelo
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Tsuwabuki (Offline)
石路 美蔓

10-18-2011, 07:01 AM

I personally believe the media, especially the international media, vastly overplayed the dangers. In the United States, most people I talk to think Japan as a whole is prone to radiation. This isn't true.

I am not worried, and I was pretty annoyed by the amount of flyjins.

<- AnimeMusicVideos.Org
(#3 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

10-18-2011, 08:47 AM

You're bound to get more radiation from the flights to and from Japan than what you're bound to get while you're in Japan. Of course, it's different, with the isotopes and yadda, yadda, yadda.... but you get the picture....