LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Yon (Offline)
New to JF

11-23-2007, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
He can't apply to JET because he is from Holland, not a English-speaking country.

What is your native language? Try looking for jobs teaching that.
well my native languange is dutch, but i doubt if there are really any place for dutch teacher or languange...
(#12 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

11-23-2007, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yon View Post
well my native languange is dutch, but i doubt if there are really any place for dutch teacher or languange...
You might be surprised.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Yon (Offline)
New to JF

11-23-2007, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
You might be surprised.
are you trying to give me a load of energy in my brain? i appriciate it thanks my HERO
but is there any highschool who needs a teacher dutch or do i have to start my own little cursus school? i want rather to go to a high school to teach the student with enjoy...but i appriciate your advice
(#14 (permalink))
Old
jasonbvr (Offline)
TrixR4Kidz

11-25-2007, 05:23 AM

Hola senior (or maybe you are a seniorita),

Yon, buddy, I take you have not read the teaching thread. Have you not looked at the JET programmes website? The Netherlands, aka land of moo cows, is a participant country in the JET programme. This is your best chance at beating the whole non-native speaker dealy. Why? Because even if you are a total d'bag, JET will take you and love you like you were the greatest English teacher that never was. Please go to The JET Programme--Official Homepage of (wankdom) and register to become a wanktard next year in like, I think, August. The selection process is long and stupid, so have fun with that.

Anyways, let me lay it down for all non-native teachers. No, you do not have to be a native speaker of English to work as an English teacher (especially as an ALT). If you have not read the teaching thread in the Living in Japan section please check it out.

Now for a few tips and possible problems for non-native teachers:

1. In your case, you will want more than the standard bachelors degree or equivalent to qualify. I am talking about certification in TESL and even better, actual experience. In the city I work in, there was a Dutch teacher working in the elementary schools. The thing is though, he had at least two years experience teaching English in Holland and happened to be very good with kids. He may have even had a teaching degree.

2. Problems. To be honest, you may be employable and able to teach, but the real decision of who qualifies and who doesn't lies with immigration. Immigration may or may not grant you a visa even if you get the job. Companies prefer native speakers for the simple fact that the guy (or gal) at immigration looks at your passport and thinks, "Hmm, Netherlands... Nope, never heard of it. Visa denied, next."

Seriously though, who knows what these immigration officers do. I go for a stamp, a renewal, and it takes a month to process it. Then they approve and send me a little postcard, I show up and have to wait like thirty minutes for what? So the glue can dry? You thought about this decision for a month already, give me my sticker so I can go home! Well good luck and if you get the job welcome to clown school.

Last edited by jasonbvr : 11-25-2007 at 05:39 AM.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Yon (Offline)
New to JF

11-25-2007, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbvr View Post
Hola senior (or maybe you are a seniorita),

Yon, buddy, I take you have not read the teaching thread. Have you not looked at the JET programmes website? The Netherlands, aka land of moo cows, is a participant country in the JET programme. This is your best chance at beating the whole non-native speaker dealy. Why? Because even if you are a total d'bag, JET will take you and love you like you were the greatest English teacher that never was. Please go to The JET Programme--Official Homepage of (wankdom) and register to become a wanktard next year in like, I think, August. The selection process is long and stupid, so have fun with that.

Anyways, let me lay it down for all non-native teachers. No, you do not have to be a native speaker of English to work as an English teacher (especially as an ALT). If you have not read the teaching thread in the Living in Japan section please check it out.

Now for a few tips and possible problems for non-native teachers:

1. In your case, you will want more than the standard bachelors degree or equivalent to qualify. I am talking about certification in TESL and even better, actual experience. In the city I work in, there was a Dutch teacher working in the elementary schools. The thing is though, he had at least two years experience teaching English in Holland and happened to be very good with kids. He may have even had a teaching degree.

2. Problems. To be honest, you may be employable and able to teach, but the real decision of who qualifies and who doesn't lies with immigration. Immigration may or may not grant you a visa even if you get the job. Companies prefer native speakers for the simple fact that the guy (or gal) at immigration looks at your passport and thinks, "Hmm, Netherlands... Nope, never heard of it. Visa denied, next."

Seriously though, who knows what these immigration officers do. I go for a stamp, a renewal, and it takes a month to process it. Then they approve and send me a little postcard, I show up and have to wait like thirty minutes for what? So the glue can dry? You thought about this decision for a month already, give me my sticker so I can go home! Well good luck and if you get the job welcome to clown school.
thank you very much! yeah i'm good with children too, i love them...
thank you for your advice, i should so fast as possible join the JET programma! again thank you
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Yon (Offline)
New to JF

11-25-2007, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
Er, dude, I dont think 'cursus' is a word... Unless you are speaking Roman or it is a name then I cant find it anywhere... That seems to be a problem... Perhaps I am mistaken, can someone enlighten me>?
cursus is another word of study my bad

Quote:
... ... Are you talking about Saaya Irie?
saaya irie??? *googled* hmmm not bad! i like her too:P

no i mean, i'm good too with children, i don't know why many people would hate kids....

Last edited by Yon : 11-25-2007 at 09:25 AM.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Yon (Offline)
New to JF

11-25-2007, 01:15 PM

Quote:
LOL, Saaya is 13. Most pics around are of her at 11 though. 11 y/o F-cup... You think she is hot, I would advise not to try relationships with your students but should you manage to teach...
if i knew before that she is 13 then i wouldn't do that but my type is older womens with good intelligence....
but 1 thing that i don't understand from that photo of saaya...
scarce clothed models should be at least 18 years, so it is like if the photographer is a lolicon...but i would never start a relationship with a under 17 so shimpai shinaide....i choose rather a women who is at least 1 till 4 years older then me...i am not pedo...you shouldn't only attracted by a girl who is only cute...i like Aki hoshino she is 7 years older then me...or yukie kawamura same age as me even though they are cute...i am not from pedo network...i just didn't know that she was 13

Last edited by Yon : 11-25-2007 at 01:23 PM.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
xYinniex (Offline)
Quit yo' jibber jabber!

11-25-2007, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yon View Post
thank you very much! yeah i'm good with children too, i love them...
thank you for your advice, i should so fast as possible join the JET programma! again thank you
its not whether you like them anymore- its whether you can control them. T_T

"I'm sorry, but i must have given you the impression that I actually care about your opinions"
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Yon (Offline)
New to JF

11-26-2007, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xYinniex View Post
its not whether you like them anymore- its whether you can control them. T_T
don't worry, i know how to handle them...i have a genial trick for that...it even worked here when i was part timer at my friend moms school..."who is sweet in the every 2 days receive a candy or lolly" they seems to be really motivated

Last edited by Yon : 11-26-2007 at 04:49 PM.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
Yon (Offline)
New to JF

11-27-2007, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Yeah, but if you didnt know she was 13... Om, some things I just dont understand.
example? what didn't you understand?