JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
ANBUsadoku (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to ANBUsadoku
Hair problem - 03-18-2008, 10:17 PM

Hello, I'm new to this forum ^_^ How do you do?

Well, I'm going to Hong Kong (homeplace <3) in the summer and *definately* getting hair cut, and dying it ^_^ I want to dye (front) half purple half black (black is natural colour. Asian yo!) and (back) a little purple. Like this XD
http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/9175/hairkg9.png
http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/1639/hairzrr5.png

The problem is...
Do anyone know of any artist with the hair I want? (not exactly the colour, I can just draw it) I want to gather as many refs as possiel and show the hairdresser ^_^ So far, I found Saga (alice nine)'s old hair T_T

ALSO, as I said, I want to get it dyed half purple ^_^ Since I have black hair, you have to bleach it first, THEN dye the purple, right?
But I'm really really afraid of very dry and damage hair... ^^;; (a phobia?! Haha) Is there any way of reducing the damage of the bleach? Because I heard that bleach can seriously damage your hair =_=
PLEASE HELP! 8D

Sketchbook

Blog

SURRENDER while I take over the universe
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Obscene (Offline)
Funky Monkey Vibration

03-18-2008, 10:22 PM

I'm sure that there are many many many many -goes on- Jrockers who have hair like that for you to take pictures in. I think you should just go to a site with a list of Jrockers and pictures.

These are what I found that might fit what you want;
http://crazyblazian.podomatic.com/20...6_39-07_00.jpg
http://devinkye00.podomatic.com/2006...0_49-08_00.jpg

Your best bet is to just gather bunches of pictures, and bring them in. They don't have to be exactly what you want. If the person is a good hair dresser, they'll be able to know what you want with the pictures, and how you explain it.

Owns/Shares:
Minase(D=OUT)|Kamijo(Versailles) | Gackt | Nell(Gacktjob)|Masato(SuG)

「一生涯、君の為、アンタの為、shoutしてよう。」 - Onpu no Tegami
If you want others to understand you, you'd better learn to understand them, too. You can't be one-sided about everything /雅

It's called Oshare Kei~ baka
(#3 (permalink))
Old
ANBUsadoku (Offline)
New to JF

03-18-2008, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obscene View Post
I'm sure that there are many many many many -goes on- Jrockers who have hair like that for you to take pictures in. I think you should just go to a site with a list of Jrockers and pictures.

These are what I found that might fit what you want;
http://crazyblazian.podomatic.com/20...6_39-07_00.jpg
http://devinkye00.podomatic.com/2006...0_49-08_00.jpg

Your best bet is to just gather bunches of pictures, and bring them in. They don't have to be exactly what you want. If the person is a good hair dresser, they'll be able to know what you want with the pictures, and how you explain it.
Thank you! Do you know of any sites with pictures of Jrockers? =_=

Miyavi, haha! I have about a million different hair styles xD
Thanks for the help!

Sketchbook

Blog

(#4 (permalink))
Old
EveV (Offline)
Flee from hate.

Send a message via MSN to EveV Send a message via Yahoo to EveV
03-18-2008, 10:37 PM

I have black hair and have dyed it bright red, dark red, brown , blonde.
I've done all sorts of things to it for a couple years now.
It hasn't killed my hair yet , if you're going to bleach and dye so much you better start taking holy care of your hair.
Go to hair salons and look at the different shampoos and conditioners for sale. They may seem expensive but they're worth it. Also if you want to style your hair all " crazy" after the dying try using safe products instead of things that just stiffen your hair. Silk is a respected brand but it's also very expensive.

Edit: If you see a hair product or the hair dresser suggests a product to you ( Take note of what they're using on your hair ) right down whats in it then go to a regular store and look at the different hair products. Compare them to the fancy one you found and see if you can find one that has the same stuff in it. Sometimes a products name alone can have it costing way to much money.

"The sky is cryin...
Can't you see the tears roll down the street?"
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

Last edited by EveV : 03-18-2008 at 10:41 PM.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
ANBUsadoku (Offline)
New to JF

03-18-2008, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveV View Post
I have black hair and have dyed it bright red, dark red, brown , blonde.
I've done all sorts of things to it for a couple years now.
It hasn't killed my hair yet , if you're going to bleach and dye so much you better start taking holy care of your hair.
Go to hair salons and look at the different shampoos and conditioners for sale. They may seem expensive but they're worth it. Also if you want to style your hair all " crazy" after the dying try using safe products instead of things that just stiffen your hair. Silk is a respected brand but it's also very expensive.
Thank you!
Haha, your hair is quite strong >W< Do you know any good shampoos and conditioners that are good but not too expensive? XDD My mum will kill me for huge money on hair products D8
Actually, I wanna style my hair kinda like Uruha (the GazettE)

Sketchbook

Blog

(#6 (permalink))
Old
reihiino (Offline)
The North Remembers

03-18-2008, 10:43 PM

My hair is dark with purple bangs & highlights, and yea you have to get it bleached otherwise you would have to squint really hard to see any purple in it. Suprisngly the damage to my hair was minimal. & I get it relaxed every six months to a year (my hair is extremely curly). Luckily my hairdresser knows what shes doing. Its a long process but it worth it to get the results you desire. & upkeep isnt expensive. Just a few toners here & there. Hope that helps!

s the 10th doctor
s Verbal & Taku
(#7 (permalink))
Old
xYinniex (Offline)
Quit yo' jibber jabber!

03-18-2008, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANBUsadoku View Post
Thank you!
Haha, your hair is quite strong >W< Do you know any good shampoos and conditioners that are good but not too expensive? XDD My mum will kill me for huge money on hair products D8
Heya, I'm from Britain,
uhh, I'm going HK too this summer.

anyways, your hair, the style you want is kinda extreme.

firstly, i recently dyed all of my hair and its still okay, I'm chinese too. >.<
Unless you have dry hair normally. Oh and if you want purple to show up, they WILL use bleach. ask before it goes onto your head. XD
I would DEFINATELY use colour protection shampoos. i heard sunsilk or herbal essences. And i would suggest against pantene and head and shoulders, they're quite concentrated and your hairs been concentrated in dye for ages, so yeah.

secondly, are you really sure with a fringe like that, it would get sort of irritating after a while.

but really, its ALL your choice, do what you want, because you only live once. So it looks bad, at least you learnt something and from what i hear HK hairdressers are awesomely cheap.

have a great time ^^

"I'm sorry, but i must have given you the impression that I actually care about your opinions"
(#8 (permalink))
Old
EveV (Offline)
Flee from hate.

Send a message via MSN to EveV Send a message via Yahoo to EveV
03-18-2008, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Thank you!
Not really x.x
My dad is crazy about hair so I've been using the good stuff since I was born practically , which is why my hair is so strong.
I also don't let people touch it, or try to no let them ( Includes myself ). The oil in skin can make it icky. And I taught myself how to cut my own hair ( You can buy professional hair cutting scissors at just about any hair salon or beauty store ) so I keep the dead hair out of it.
Uhhh. I might be able to think of cheaper product for you. What kinda hair do you have besides dark? Frizzy,smooth etc.

"The sky is cryin...
Can't you see the tears roll down the street?"
- Stevie Ray Vaughan
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Obscene (Offline)
Funky Monkey Vibration

03-18-2008, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Thank you! Do you know of any sites with pictures of Jrockers? =_=

Miyavi, haha! I have about a million different hair styles xD
Thanks for the help!

If you google 'Jrock Hairstyles' you'll come back with millions of results. That's how I got my hair cut the way I did. Also, when you explain what you want, and use the pictures; say that you want it extremely choppy, uneven, and messy look. Most people will understand what that means, and use this nifty razor-like tool. :P

Owns/Shares:
Minase(D=OUT)|Kamijo(Versailles) | Gackt | Nell(Gacktjob)|Masato(SuG)

「一生涯、君の為、アンタの為、shoutしてよう。」 - Onpu no Tegami
If you want others to understand you, you'd better learn to understand them, too. You can't be one-sided about everything /雅

It's called Oshare Kei~ baka
(#10 (permalink))
Old
ANBUsadoku (Offline)
New to JF

03-19-2008, 11:10 AM

@reihiino
Thanks for your help! Ooh, your hair sounds interesting >W< Do you have any photos to share? :3

@xYinniex
你好 ^^
Oh, do you think its too extreme? >_<
You dyed your hair but not bleach? What colour did you dye it? It showed up still on black hair? :O
My hair is quite normal actually XD It used to be very dry when I was smaller, but I got the permanent straight thing in HK about 4 years ago, and now its a normal type hair XD
Do you recommend Pantene on dyed hair? I heard if you suddenly change the shampoo you use, it will become strange D8

Oh, you mean the way it comes down my face? I have no problem with it for 2 years now XD

Thanks for the help!

@EveV
Wow, haha! Whats your dad's hair like? XD
Oh, I'm always scared to go to hair salons in this place =_= And I don't like letting my mum cut my hair, because she wants to cut away my fringe DD8 I cut my hair myself, but sometimes I can't cut my right side of the fringe, since I'm right handed... XDD
Thank you! Mmm, well first of all, my hair is naturally black. Its quite straight, because I did the permanent straight thing a few years ago XD Its frizzy though =_= No split ends, kinda normal type.

@Obscene
ok, i'll keep in mind the extremely choppy, uneven, and messy bits, thanks!

Sketchbook

Blog