JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
hannahsheep (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to hannahsheep Send a message via MSN to hannahsheep
06-08-2008, 07:21 PM

It'd be good to go to resale shops to find clothes, because you can find stuff there, I know. You should find some stuff and then learn to mix and match until it feels right to you. Animal print is something to look for, as well as stripes and checkered things.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
WoD (Offline)
Rocking Her Life Away~

Send a message via Yahoo to WoD
06-09-2008, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothingleft View Post
I hope you don't hate me for saying-why not try mens belts?

And it must be Australia caus' in the UK you get quite alot of bigger sizes, as well as different lengths of clothes and stuff.
I dont mind, I have tried mens belts but the only ones that fit me are the old man type.
The cool ones with studs dont fit >.< sure I could fix the belts up with chains and studs but I suck at that kinda stuff.
Yeah..I hate were I live, it has shit all for my size and taste.

My Hearts A Ticking Time Bomb.
Your Words Do Nothin To Save Me From That Bomb.
And When Its Gone Off Only You Will Feel Hurt And Pain,
'Cause I Will Rip Out That Heart You Hold Dear.

[MySpace][FanFic.Net][Freedom Of Speech][Lunaescence Archives][LiveJournal]
(#13 (permalink))
Old
wonderME (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to wonderME
06-09-2008, 10:13 AM

xpp.
try online store lorr.
or u buy the studs only den u paste them on ur belt[s]?

more superpower than chuu~~~
LOVRsagr
(#14 (permalink))
Old
ikari (Offline)
New to JF

06-27-2010, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoD View Post
I would wear belts...if only I could find some to fit me >.<
Being my size its hard to find anything good here, all the good clothing is for the damn skinny people..I hope no skinny people hate me for saying that but its true.
It just really annoys me that plus size people dont get anyting remotely good to wear...
And I'm totally knew to both VK and Gothic Lolita, I'm saving my money to buy some clothing from ebay or something..so I'm up for any tips =]
well I survive with the Japanese clothes because in the US my pants size is 00
and it's hard to find sometimes i even still use children clothes so i love Japanese clothes.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
PockyMePink (Offline)
=\

Send a message via MSN to PockyMePink
06-28-2010, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
I think being a casual VK would be the most difficult thing to do, since VK is the perfect opposite of casual. If you tone it down just a little bit it's hard to tell that your style is actually VK at all. You could go for things that are VK inspired - a layered haircut, accessories and so on, but since the point in being VK is to be elaborate your going to have a difficult job.
I disagree. Visual Kei about self expression, and your own personal self expression doesn't have to be anything more than casual. Sure, there are definately more elaborate outfits than some, but that doesn't make them more VK than a printed t-shirt, armwarmers, and a skirt.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

06-28-2010, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoD View Post
I would wear belts...if only I could find some to fit me >.<
Being my size its hard to find anything good here, all the good clothing is for the damn skinny people..I hope no skinny people hate me for saying that but its true.
It just really annoys me that plus size people dont get anyting remotely good to wear...
And I'm totally knew to both VK and Gothic Lolita, I'm saving my money to buy some clothing from ebay or something..so I'm up for any tips =]
Perhaps it might be some time to lose weight then if it's that hard to find clothes that fit you.

However, I agree with Pocky. VK is about self expression. You can accomplish your VK style by wearing more casual clothing. Wearing specific clothing can be demanding sometime, and I don't understand why there has to be specific rules to wearing a style. They're clothes, not a lifestyle.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Columbine (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

06-28-2010, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PockyMePink View Post
I disagree. Visual Kei about self expression, and your own personal self expression doesn't have to be anything more than casual. Sure, there are definately more elaborate outfits than some, but that doesn't make them more VK than a printed t-shirt, armwarmers, and a skirt.
I agree, you can probably compromise and do a street VK style, though you might find it hard to buy the items. Whatever you do, it'll look a little more dressed up than most casual dressers, but it won't have as strong an impact. It's just a matter of taking casual wear and ramping the volume a little as opposed to going full throttle with the real deal. Like instead of the whole head-to-toe, you maybe orientate your outfit around a single statement piece. Albeit I'm not VK, I've had a variety of really outrageous coats over the years, but i get away with them on a causal basis by teaming with a fairly plain (but well cut) top and jeans, but with interesting accessories. I'm basically in jeans and a T, which is comfortable and practical, but it looks like so much more.
Ditto anything else; play that element up and tone down the rest so it really pops, and save your full-dress pieces for special occasions.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
adamante (Offline)
New to JF

07-07-2010, 12:11 PM

Hello ^^ I just registered and was browsing through this thread...

RE: plus size ...I'm a perfectly normal shape but wear clothes on the "upper end of normal size", read as a size US14, and I don't find it impossible to find VK style clothing. One thing you need to consider is, if you're Western, you're likely to be of a much bigger build than Asians even if you're not necessarily overweight. Trousers labelled as XXL are made 32" around, which is a US12. So what people who aren't tiny have to do is customize their own trousers ...I mean, sewing patches and zips and chains on really isn't that hard.

RE: dressing like Visual Kei people do when they dress casually ...jeans and a multicoloured t-shirt? XD
(#19 (permalink))
Old
crossline (Offline)
New to JF

07-27-2010, 04:51 PM

wow don't you have the most vivid imagination in fashion. well can't tell you anything specifically but i can give you a little hint of what to do about your fashion "dilemma". you seem like a very fashionable person so here goes. i like toying around with fashion myself. i imagine trends, clothes, fabrics, then i put 'em in a computer and start mixing and matching. Virtual Fashion Works is what i use. this gives you a vivid picture of how the finished product will look. just a suggestion ok.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
GreyGhost (Offline)
JF Regular

Location: My body may be in Florida, But my heart and soul are in Japan
07-29-2010, 08:41 PM

I usually wear a more "casual" Visual Kei style to the store and such, just some homemade pants, a shirt and a kinda visual kei style jacket (really the miley cyrus from wal-mart lol)

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/k...rl/me3-1-1.jpg

alice nine