Wink 08-06-2008, 05:05 PM

i think the geisha style is very pretty and sophisicated

I love shojo with all my heart!!!
(#12 (permalink))
Old
MissHoneyBeeee (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-06-2008, 05:48 PM

hmm...reminds me of my best friend who wore a summer kimono for halloween! C: but then when we went trick-or-treatin' (like little kidssss ) she was wearing a witch-looking costume xD

it's interesting how different winter and summer kimonos r summer ones seem more comfortable than winter ones, cuz their lighter but i've never worn one, so i wouldn't kno xD
(#13 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
08-06-2008, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuruko View Post
There's a lot of things one can integrate into an outfit that is Geisha-esque or authentic Japanese Wear. Geta and Zori, which are traditional Japanese footwear, are also easily added to any wear. I find Geta look quite tasteful with Jeans. : )
My geta are even more comfortable to walk in than my tennis shoes. Unfortunately getting good ones on the net still isn't easy, unless you can read Japanese and are will to pay more for the shipping than the geta.

Quote:
Haori, which are Kimono jackets, can also be worn, and are fun with jeans. You can also use vintage kimono silk in a variety of crafts for clothing.
Since I have to wear a sleeve ar work and don't really like western-style suit jackets, I am slowly acquiring haori to go with most of my work clothes. And since I wear a larger size than most Japanese women's clothes, the mens sizing and colors are the most appropriate. But I am about to cut off some old kimonos to make haori and use the fabric remnants to enlarge them so they will close properly. The first one, a black & silver brocade, turned out beautiful. Though its too fancy for work, it is great for party's & clubbing.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.