JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
jdflorette (Offline)
New to JF

07-20-2009, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Harajuku girls and boys’ love of Black culture has seeped in their beauty routines. Behold the Asian Afro, also known as the “reverse perm.” It is catching on amongst Asians, especially Japanese and Koreans. The process uses a chemical cream to transform traditionally straight, silky Asian hair into tightly-coiled curls which are extremely similar in look and texture to African American hair. Ironically perms are equally popular in Black culture too, except the result is the opposite: it makes hair bone straight. I think the “Asian Afros” look really cool, what do you think? Let me know in the comments section
The Major(ISH): Trend Alert: The Asian Afro

He or she who wrote the post could be wrong, but they talk about a cream... I'm hoping it is real, as blacks have used relaxing creams to straighten their afros for years... Hopefully someone could shed light on this matter, cause i want to know, or get over it and get on with life in my straight hair

There is a site where they maybe sell this stuff, but i cant understand it:

</title> <meta http-equiv=Content-Type content=text/html; charset=EUC-KR> <link rel=StyleSheet HREF=skin/bombhead_hair_works/style.css type=text/css title=style> <script language='JavaScript'> var select_obj; function ZB_layerAction(name,status) { va
(#12 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
07-20-2009, 09:07 PM

Harajuku people love black culture? You learn something everyday. I thought they were into decora and annoying stuff like that, not gangsta style, which also is annoying.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#13 (permalink))
Old
alanX (Offline)
The Psychedelic Traveler

Send a message via Skype™ to alanX
07-20-2009, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
Harajuku people love black culture? You learn something everyday. I thought they were into decora and annoying stuff like that, not gangsta style, which also is annoying.
I love you.

猿も木から落ちる
(#14 (permalink))
Old
seiki (Offline)
aww fiegal

07-20-2009, 09:33 PM

I have never heard of somthing like that though it may be real.

Lets try to be nice to eachother. but it may have come across that way . oh well welcome jdflorette
(#15 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-20-2009, 09:34 PM

The cream is part of the "perm" process, and isn't something I imagine you could do on your own. If you could, why would people pay hundreds of dollars to have it done in a salon?

In my experience the "hip-hop" culture is much more prevalent in Japan than decora or anything like that.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
seiki (Offline)
aww fiegal

07-20-2009, 09:39 PM

Maybe you could just go to a salon and ask how to get that done.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
07-20-2009, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanX View Post
I love you.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#18 (permalink))
Old
KaiTea (Offline)
Stuck man.

08-04-2009, 04:37 PM

Looking at the pictures of Asian people in afros just made me lol.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
bELyVIS (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-04-2009, 05:07 PM

The afro hair styles are called "Stoney Skunk" and "Mr. Satan" ? Since when have you seen a skunk or Satan with an afro?
You mean DJ Ozma's hair isn't natural? That is like telling me there isn't a Santa Claus.

The World's only Belly Dancing Elvis Impersonator!
(#20 (permalink))
Old
GTJ (Offline)
Defeater of Weaboos

Send a message via Skype™ to GTJ
08-04-2009, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanX View Post
Ah, I see.

Well, I was probably wrong. Hasn't been the first time.

I think it's either natural or he spent a pretty penny in a salon, but I don't think there is an actual product that can turn your hair from straight to that.
There's no product apart from, I dunno, walking around outside in the humidity.

And no, racially, the Japanese have very straight hair. SOMETIMES they have wavy or slightly curly hair naturally (my friend does and we poke fun at him all the time a la Gintama). But 99% of the time it's a perm. They LOVE perms.

光る物全て金ならず。
なんてしつけいいこいいけつしてんな。