JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
IcewindDude (Offline)
JF Regular

09-03-2009, 07:28 PM

In my opinion, definitely for women. For a guy, something similar would more likely be longer and probably tighten off at the ankles. In dance, flare and fluff around the legs are supposed to accent the lightness and grace of a woman. Men are usually accented by strength and agility, so something that "stays" with you better and covers more of the legs would be more the norm.

However, like others have said, to each his own . If you like it, who are we to argue?
(#22 (permalink))
Old
darksyndrem (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via MSN to darksyndrem
09-03-2009, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuusuke View Post
well

"figure" meaning in giving me some kind of shape. (womanly)
LOL dude, the pants you wear aren't going to change your figure

@Icewind, I don't know if you dance, but where I dance (if you do dance, I can almost garuntee wherever you dance isn't quite like over here) it's not really like that at all...lightness and grace is good for everyone, male and female, I don't see many people going for the strong look where we dance =\
(#23 (permalink))
Old
thcuteness (Offline)
Banned

09-03-2009, 08:17 PM

..... i would say those are quite girly :/
(#24 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

09-03-2009, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksyndrem View Post
I don't think so, but who's to say you can't wear them anyhow?
If I were a girl I wouldn't want to dance with a boy in pants like that. Think about your partner. She wants a man who looks masculine, not one wearing women's clothes.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
darksyndrem (Offline)
Banned

09-03-2009, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
If I were a girl I wouldn't want to dance with a boy in pants like that. Think about your partner. She wants a man who looks masculine, not one wearing women's clothes.
I'm sorry, but you are wrong there....but I don't blame you for being wrong...I think the only way to know how these dances are, is to go to them...but believe me at our dances, what you have said is not true...anyways....I don't know why I posted this in the first place :S I mean, where I dance, it's perfectly normal for guys to wear skirts.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
Columbine (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

09-03-2009, 08:24 PM

No idea about dance, but yes, they seem girly to me. And regardless of the cut or complaints if a place is selling a garment using a female model, then it's an item generally intended to be sold to women. unless it's emblazoned with 'unisex' (i don't know, i haven't seen the site), then basically it's women's clothing. Whether you want to stick within those norms is up to you.

vis men's bell-bottoms. If you can't find some to buy, just do it 1960's style. Buy a pair of men's jeans and adapt the bottoms to make your own. It's dead easy. Just whack in a couple of slits, sew in some triangles of cloth. Badda-boom, bell bottoms.
(#27 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

09-03-2009, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksyndrem View Post
I'm sorry, but you are wrong there....but I don't blame you for being wrong...I think the only way to know how these dances are, is to go to them...but believe me at our dances, what you have said is not true...anyways....I don't know why I posted this in the first place :S I mean, where I dance, it's perfectly normal for guys to wear skirts.
So lots of guys where women's clothes at your dances?
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Yuusuke (Offline)
Banned!

09-03-2009, 08:26 PM

Quote:
These days, that's kind of changed. Woman are kinda of both ways with looking masculine or looking alittle more femine.

a perfect example is my high school XD

a lot of guys dress feminately and somehow they get all of the girls.

(#29 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

09-03-2009, 08:27 PM

When I said "masculine" I didn't mean "macho" I meant "not wearing women's clothes".
(#30 (permalink))
Old
darksyndrem (Offline)
Banned

09-03-2009, 08:30 PM

Quote:
So lots of guys where women's clothes at your dances?
I wouldn't say they wear women's clothes, but yes, they do wear what would be titled "women's".....I say they don't wear women's clothes because, chances are, they make them themselves....but to me, it really doesn't matter who the clothes were intended for...there's no law (that I'm aware of) that says men have to wear clothing from the Men's section, and women have to wear the clothing from the Women's section

And, I know a lot of girls that get all freaked out when guys wear girl's clothes, but all of the people that I hang out with are really cool with it.....actually, some of them think it's really hot...I don't know why, and that's not my motives...but they do