(#21 (permalink))
Old
MuRaSaKiiNkI (Offline)
一番村ちゃん

Send a message via Skype™ to MuRaSaKiiNkI
10-07-2010, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
What I really love about Tokyo, is the way people dress up. Very unique to the rest of the world and many different style. I have the chance now to work for a fashion company that ask me to take photos in the street of Tokyo, you can see my work here.

Tomomi | STREET SNAP | talking about Japanese culture and fashion from Tokyo | XO JAPAN

Tell me what you think, and if you know other place I can find similar photos please share with me!
I enjoy this style as well, and thanks for the link!

However, I'm concerned because you make it seem like EVERYONE in Japan walks around like this, actually, no. Tokyo is a main city, much like Beijing, New York, London, etc, so more people are used to seeing this kind of clothing. Doesn't mean they like it or support it.

Usual Tokyo street style, not much different from another other style except more conservative clothes and colors. Saying Harajuku style is THE fashion of Japan does not give credit to other fashion styles.

(#22 (permalink))
Old
Ryoma (Offline)
New to JF

10-10-2010, 05:51 PM

Exactly there are a lot of different fashion styles within Tokyo and not only the extravaganza outfit of lolitas or Harajuku.

For example, people in Roppongi or Omote Sando looks really smart. I'm fond of to a fashion mark named Comme ça ism (Comme ça platinum, Artisan etc.) their clothes are so smart and original, but, unfortunately they only sell them in Japan. In addition, there are another smart fashion marks such as Comme des Garçons, Kenzo, Issey Miyake etc. or cheap shops with really nice and elegant clothes such as The Suit Company or Uniqlo.
(#23 (permalink))
Old
chiuchimu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-11-2010, 12:44 AM

I watched a show about Japanese fashion.

One part struck me was how impressed many European designers were about how Japanese youth took fashion seriously and come up with their own unique styles right on the street rather than simply following whatever the fashion of the year is.

(#24 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

11-04-2010, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangetsu View Post
Another good reason why I don't by clothes in Tokyo. Besides being outrageously overpriced and poorly made, you end up looking somewhere between Cindy Lauper and Bozo the Clown.

I suppose there are those who think that Tokyo "fashion" is cool, but it's not fashion, it's merely a mixture of poor taste, confused thinking, and a little shock value. I've also seen men walking around Tokyo in short miniskirts wearing thongs underneath, and old men in harlequin outfits with matching bowler hats and sunglasses. This isn't fashion folks, it's big city-induced mental aberration mixed with poor eyesight, color-blindness, and general lack of common sense.
You're entirely right, but I think that's part of the appeal!

I love goin out and checking out all the crazies!! And also seeing what odd fashion random combinations work nicely ^^

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
isushi (Offline)
New to JF

11-04-2010, 08:59 PM

Oh wow!! i just LOVE Japanese/Tokyo fashion i to find it soo unqiue.....
I really love the colours they use!! >w<
(#26 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

11-05-2010, 10:42 PM

Tipping a hat to Japan creations | The Japan Times Online
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Cyklon (Offline)
New to JF

11-12-2010, 02:28 PM

MuRaSaKiiNkI my ideal opinion aboute Japan Fashion is destroyed. NOOOOO
(#28 (permalink))
Old
PockyMePink (Offline)
=\

Send a message via MSN to PockyMePink
11-12-2010, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossline View Post
whoa haters down there. yes they may be outrageously overpriced but isn't that the point of fashion? it's supposed to be overpriced and impractical.
Just because someone doesn't like something doesn't make them a hater. Japanese street fashion isn't exactly amazing tbh, no matter how you look at it.

Fashion isn't about money, unless the particular area of fashion you wear gives off that impression. I can put on a trash bag and call myself punk, and only pay a couple bucks. Different fashion styles are about different things, but one thing all fashion styles do NOT have in common is being overpriced.