LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
SweetLolitaJuliet (Offline)
New to JF

True... - 09-25-2010, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss View Post
It doesn't really say Loli to me, it's seems better suited to more of a Hime style. If it's not accessorized properly to push it towards lolita or hime it will read as 50's/pin-up.
I agree with you there. It doesn't say Loli to me either, but you could probably customise it to suit more of a lolita style. But even then, it wouldn't be exactly lolita.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss View Post
I think an important thing to remember about Lolita and other specific street fashions is that the brand/label of clothing is a part of the look. That's what makes it more an an inclusionary/exclusionary subculture. I'm not judging that one way or the other but the idea of brand is very important to the group identity.
Lolita started as a very DIY fashion and I'd love to be able to say that I disagree, but unfortunately I can't. It seems now that you do get judged if you go out wearing an old print or something that cost a little less... I really wish that that wasn't the case...

http://sweetlolitajuliet.blog.com is all about Lolita Fashion and life
When you find something precious, you have to hold on to it with all your might and never let it go, whatever else you may lose. After all, there are lots of people who die without ever finding something that’s really precious to them