JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Shaelyn (Offline)
Fae of DOOM!

Send a message via AIM to Shaelyn
08-28-2007, 11:48 PM

I'll add my own experience...but it's all with permanent haircolor.

my natural hair is...pretty well mixed, actually. it typically looks brown, but it's red if you catch it in the light, and it's blonde enough to turn green in chlorine. some people call it dirty blonde.

anyway. I died my hair black once - permanent. ...and it didn't come out until it grew and I cut it off. permanent damage? no. it just needed to grow.
but, that transition when it's growing back out, if you want your natural hair back, SUCKS. yours is going to be black on the bottom half, and blonde on the top...that's something to think about.

now the pink. pink and red ALWAYS FADES. no matter how permanent you get it. my second to last hair-dye job was red with black pinstripe, and my last one was all red. the recent red (this was done around June) is basically gone - my hair is slightly tinted more red than usual now...and meanwhile, those black stripes from two dye-jobs ago (which I think are from spring '06, I cut and dye my hair once a year) are still there in the longer parts of my hair. I left them because they're barely visible anyway, as a pinstripe...but I can see the black still.

that may give you an idea with how long this stuff will last, for permanent color. I've never done temporary or semi-permanent though. those should wash out slowly...and so you won't have to wait for you hair to grow. if you're thinking pink temp or semi-perm...I'd be wary, you're probably not getting your money's worth. if red perm washes out that fast...

thnx boboloko for the sig!
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Nibbles (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to Nibbles Send a message via MSN to Nibbles Send a message via Yahoo to Nibbles
08-29-2007, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaelyn View Post
if red perm washes out that fast...
Reds depend more on brand. I use Feria <cinnamon to be exact > and although the color fades to a more natural red, it's never not been red. If you use a red from say... the brand from Hot Topic (can't remember the name) than yea (not dissing the Hot Topic hair dye brand, it's a really decent one actually), the "extreme" hair dye manufacturers will not be able to give you a permanent red color, just a tint.

Also, mind you, I dye it every 3 months >.>
You should always follow up with your dyes, cuz they will all, inevitably, fade.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
rachelsweet (Offline)
JF addict

08-30-2007, 01:19 PM

I got my hair to accindentally to do this cool fade kind of thing. I was lucky. But. My hair is frieeeeeddd as well.

( ̄ω ̄ ) Wannabe 入れ墨の芸術家
(#14 (permalink))
Old
KalliY (Offline)
New to JF

09-03-2007, 04:41 AM

okay.

Don't DYE your hair black.

turst me. i did that (my hair is naturally Blonde) my black hair turned me goth (i know stupid of me to say but its ture!!) and when i tried to dye it back it took me about 8 trys so rite now my hair is horribly fried.. and i personally think only some ppl can pull off black hair look with out looking stupid or scary... (i'm not say u can't but i COULDN'T!)

i hope i helped..