JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
sasukenshinluver730 (Offline)
New to JF

Hair dye help? - 08-26-2007, 08:38 PM

Hi! I have naturally blonde hair, and I'm thinking about trying out black. I was wondering if anyone knows if you can get your hair back to that natural color afterwards, or if it will totally kill your hair, since I'm not sure if I'll look good with black hair or not. (Also, if that didn't work out, I was thinking of pink streaks? does anyone know how long those last/how expensive they are? thanx ) Here's a pic of me:

(#2 (permalink))
Old
gloomth (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-26-2007, 08:50 PM

ok ive dyed my hair since i was 13 and i honestly dont remember its natural shade...lol

ok.

blond to black.
using permanent black dye will result in you NEVER reaching that exact shade of blond ever again. seriously. you are permanently COLORING your hair, whether it fades or not the hair you dye will always be dark. a pro stylist can lighten it from faded black to a light brown maybe but it will fry your hair. bleach is death for hair no matter what they tell you LOL.

as for pink streaks. try something semi permanent like "iced cream" brand. it may stain your virgin hair a bit but it wont be as damaging as permanent color. yknow?

-tae
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Graciie (Offline)
Will Eat Your Children!

08-26-2007, 09:01 PM

It will take a long while, but DO NOT USE PERM as it will never go back unless you grow it out like i had to

~ Visual Kei ~
(#4 (permalink))
Old
New to JF

thankies! - 08-26-2007, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloomth View Post
ok ive dyed my hair since i was 13 and i honestly dont remember its natural shade...lol

ok.

blond to black.
using permanent black dye will result in you NEVER reaching that exact shade of blond ever again. seriously. you are permanently COLORING your hair, whether it fades or not the hair you dye will always be dark. a pro stylist can lighten it from faded black to a light brown maybe but it will fry your hair. bleach is death for hair no matter what they tell you LOL.

as for pink streaks. try something semi permanent like "iced cream" brand. it may stain your virgin hair a bit but it wont be as damaging as permanent color. yknow?

-tae

Maybe i'll stick with blonde...lol. But I'll probably try that brand for highlights, I can deal with something like that I think^^. Thank you for everything!
(#5 (permalink))
Old
gloomth (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-26-2007, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasukenshinluver730 View Post
Maybe i'll stick with blonde...lol. But I'll probably try that brand for highlights, I can deal with something like that I think^^. Thank you for everything!
try the clip on highlights. i use em, admittedly. if youre clever you can disguise them under layers of your hair for a more natural look. theyre convenient as hell and you can get good quality ones if you look around a little. try your local wig place, they usually have real or good synthetic hair ones.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
MuseixKoe (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to MuseixKoe
08-27-2007, 02:48 AM

There is such thing as semi-permanent hair dye! It basically coats your hair and does very little damage. The only downside is that it fades out quickly...

Yeah, unless you grew your hair out, you'd never get your hair that blonde without frying it with bleach.

I envy you for having naturally blonde hair. I have my hair dyed frequently, and, unless the color I want is darker than the shade of brown my hair is naturally, I have to bleach my hair. Needless to say, my hair=fried.

On a side note, if you decide to dye your hair rather than putting in clip-on highlights as gloomth suggested, NEVER, I repeat NEVER dye your own hair! I have seen this done countless times.
It costs a pretty penny to have your hair done at a salon, but IT'S WORTH IT.
Most people who dye their own hair have spots that processed faster than others, causing the color to be blotchy. If not that, the dye from the drugstore that you'd buy is not a quality product (sometimes so bad that it can take the shine right out of your hair!). If you buy it from the drugstore and it is labeled as a proffesional product, it's expired. How they got their hands on it is beyond me, but that is a fact.

If you've bothered to read through my input, I'd like to tell you that, judging by the picture you provided, black hair would look great on you~! You have a beautiful head of hair, too!
But I hope you're prepared to be called emo/scene/goth. My younger sister has long, black hair, and she gets these comments all the time. But if you put pink streaks in, that'd be a cool, funky look! People where I live, at least, are more accepting of the pink streaks type of thing than dyed black hair for some reason.

Hope that I helped~♥

♥Yumehito♥Ruki♥Mikaru♥Kyo♥Jui♥Uruha♥
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Aleesunz (Offline)
Watch This Space

Send a message via AIM to Aleesunz Send a message via MSN to Aleesunz Send a message via Skype™ to Aleesunz
08-27-2007, 10:46 PM

WHHYY would you want to cover up your lovely haair?

And eh...advice...Well... I rly like it the way it is and if you dye it black chances are you'll never get it like that. Even if you use dye-stripper or bleach it up, it's still going to be amazingly hard to find a match, so unless you're willing to live with roots for a weel while then I don;t rly recommend it XD Also eh, sometimes in light coloured air especially, even if it IS semi-permanent sometimes it "stains" your hair and can leave traces etc. Or might end up being permanent-ish.

./Let's Pretend We Don't Exist, Let's Pretend We're In Antartica

x~ www.lastfm.com/user/CallieBo ;p
(#8 (permalink))
Old
New to JF

08-28-2007, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloomth View Post
try the clip on highlights. i use em, admittedly. if youre clever you can disguise them under layers of your hair for a more natural look. theyre convenient as hell and you can get good quality ones if you look around a little. try your local wig place, they usually have real or good synthetic hair ones.
Since i live in a small town, we don't have a local wig place, but I have tried a mall nearby which had an accessories store... but no matter where I go, they never have clips long enough. most of them, even if i can hide them so they look real, only go about one half or two thirds of the way down my hair, which totally gives it away... >.< I wish I could find some the right length... maybe I'll look online.

God loved birds, so He created trees; man loved birds, so he created cages.

Don't be lazy. PICK UP YOUR DAMN GARBAGE. Your litter is making my eyes bleed.

Fur was made for animals. Wear your own skin.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Nibbles (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to Nibbles Send a message via MSN to Nibbles Send a message via Yahoo to Nibbles
08-28-2007, 10:29 PM

I've been dying my hair every color of the rainbow since I was 12. If you really want to experiment with dyes you can do what I did. I picked up some pink hair dye (if you can find it, Jane's Hair Dye is the best for funky colors that will last long but not put as much of a dent in your pocket as more permanent professional brands like Fudge), went to my hair dresser, and I "tipped" my hair. I'm happy I didn't dye my whole head that color! You cut off the tips, and your back to your old "look."

If you do re-consider the black, do be wary. Some black dyes can actually really damage your hair. Always spend the extra money and have a professional do it!
(#10 (permalink))
Old
New to JF

08-28-2007, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuseixKoe View Post

There is such thing as semi-permanent hair dye! It basically coats your hair and does very little damage. The only downside is that it fades out quickly...

Yeah, unless you grew your hair out, you'd never get your hair that blonde without frying it with bleach.

I envy you for having naturally blonde hair. I have my hair dyed frequently, and, unless the color I want is darker than the shade of brown my hair is naturally, I have to bleach my hair. Needless to say, my hair=fried.

On a side note, if you decide to dye your hair rather than putting in clip-on highlights as gloomth suggested, NEVER, I repeat NEVER dye your own hair! I have seen this done countless times.
It costs a pretty penny to have your hair done at a salon, but IT'S WORTH IT.
Most people who dye their own hair have spots that processed faster than others, causing the color to be blotchy. If not that, the dye from the drugstore that you'd buy is not a quality product (sometimes so bad that it can take the shine right out of your hair!). If you buy it from the drugstore and it is labeled as a proffesional product, it's expired. How they got their hands on it is beyond me, but that is a fact.

If you've bothered to read through my input, I'd like to tell you that, judging by the picture you provided, black hair would look great on you~! You have a beautiful head of hair, too!
But I hope you're prepared to be called emo/scene/goth. My younger sister has long, black hair, and she gets these comments all the time. But if you put pink streaks in, that'd be a cool, funky look! People where I live, at least, are more accepting of the pink streaks type of thing than dyed black hair for some reason.

Hope that I helped~♥

Thanks for all your info! Would the semi-permanent hair color return to normal? Or near normal?
And I'm glad you think it'd look good, I wasn't sure...it's a drastic change.^^ I was a bit worried about being labeled goth/punk/emo (which I really am not) but I don't really care what others think.
I've also seen commercials/ads for three week hair color... do you know anything about that?

God loved birds, so He created trees; man loved birds, so he created cages.

Don't be lazy. PICK UP YOUR DAMN GARBAGE. Your litter is making my eyes bleed.

Fur was made for animals. Wear your own skin.