JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Food (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-food/)
-   -   Is there a Japanese or Asian market in your area? (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-food/23230-there-japanese-asian-market-your-area.html)

yuukilovesbrownies 02-17-2009 02:00 AM

Is there a Japanese or Asian market in your area?

The reason I'm asking this is because today I went to the awesome-est slice of Japan there is in New Jersey. I'm talking about Mitsuwa Marketplace. I was like a kid in a candy store. Well I spent most of my time in the candy section, so I kinda was a kid in a candy store. Mitsuwa sells every Japanese food item you can imagine as well as appliances and beauty products. There is also a food court where I enjoyed some delicious shoyu ramen that I regret not finishing. Specialty Japanese stores owned by Mitsuwa surround the market place. Sanseido Bookstore is one of them. They sell Japanese books, magazines, manga, and even DVD rentals of the best Japanese movies and dorama. I can't get over this place! I NEED TO GO AGAIN!!! Oh and in my town there is a small Asian supermarket, but they don't sell much. :D Enough of my rant. what about you guys?

koikurasu 02-17-2009 02:48 AM

Yeah we have both over here in Newport News, but Ive only been to the Asian market for my sushi supplies. :P

Kenpachi11 02-17-2009 03:02 AM

we dont have any....but i think we have a mexican store? lol weird.

Payne222 02-17-2009 03:04 AM

Yeah, we got a Mitsuwa in Arlington Heights. And we have Little Korea by Skokie and Niles has an Asian market. Of, and of course there's China Town...

alanX 02-17-2009 05:01 AM

My town has those fake Japanese restaurants with those fake names and food that Japanese people don't even eat...

Like..

HIMIGUZIDOMO STEAKHOUSE

Kenpachi11 02-17-2009 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanX (Post 676011)
My town has those fake Japanese restaurants with those fake names and food that Japanese people don't even eat...

Like..

HIMIGUZIDOMO STEAKHOUSE

lol i have been to a japanese resturant at broadway at the beach. it was a hibachi grill and it was amazing!

alanX 02-17-2009 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenpachi11 (Post 676012)
it was amazing!

Then again...isn't everything about Japan amazing? :vsign:

Kenpachi11 02-17-2009 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanX (Post 676014)
Then again...isn't everything about Japan amazing? :vsign:

lol yes that is true...but the molester on the trains are not amazing...

alanX 02-17-2009 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenpachi11 (Post 676016)
lol yes that is true...but the molester on the trains are not amazing...

Oh come on, are we trying to hide something Kenpachi? :mtongue:
haha

Kenpachi11 02-17-2009 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanX (Post 676017)
Oh come on, are we trying to hide something Kenpachi? :mtongue:
haha

lol nothing to hide here ^^
have you ever been to a hibachi grill?