JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Reavyn (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Customer service and more - 06-05-2009, 09:39 PM

Today after having a terribly made sub sandwich, the question went through my head "Wonder if people are properly trained in food establishments in Japan and how the customer service is at fast food places"
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Kyousuke (Offline)
Seiryuu

06-05-2009, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reavyn View Post
Today after having a terribly made sub sandwich, the question went through my head "Wonder if people are properly trained in food establishments in Japan and how the customer service is at fast food places"
it really depends on your location, every country has those people. for example, i live in gallup NM (not japan obviously). basically everywhere but the northside of town is normal. the north side of town is full or A-holes. and i live on the north side of town so i know what im talking about. once my sister was visiting and we tried to order a pizza from the pizza hut about 2 minutes from our house. the girl who answered was a bitch to put it bluntly. the burger king next to it is nasty. like selling burgers out of a gas station bathroom. that kind of nasty.

my point is japan has standards at least. not like in america where you get footage of people spitting and pissing in your pizza dough

"Im too drunk to taste this chicken" - colonel sanders
(#3 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

06-06-2009, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reavyn View Post
Well, I tell you, those "Sub" sandwiches are not the best here in Australia either, although you see the BIG type of person enjoying them.

I'm sure all staff at your said shop in Japan are well trained, you may have just got a plonker staff pulling a leave the bottle out type of swifty to get back at the boss!

The ingredients are all processed bad quality type full of shit and flavours!

Why buy, when in Japan you have so many, possibly cheaper options by way of OISHI Japanese food..

Get stuck into a bowl of spicey Ramen. Curee udon, whatever, the sky is the limit!

Cheers - Oz
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Reavyn (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-06-2009, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkai View Post
Well, I tell you, those "Sub" sandwiches are not the best here in Australia either, although you see the BIG type of person enjoying them.

I'm sure all staff at your said shop in Japan are well trained, you may have just got a plonker staff pulling a leave the bottle out type of swifty to get back at the boss!

The ingredients are all processed bad quality type full of shit and flavours!

Why buy, when in Japan you have so many, possibly cheaper options by way of OISHI Japanese food..

Get stuck into a bowl of spicey Ramen. Curee udon, whatever, the sky is the limit!
Sadly here in America, we have so very few choices of packaged Ramen....infact you really only see one company at almost every store. And its not very good at that. Udon? You have to go to an Asian market here to find it at all. Curry? You have to make it yourself. My sub sandwich honestly consisted of a head of lettuce, a whole onion, some meat (not nearly as much as the lettuce or onion), and bread....