LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
IcewindDude (Offline)
JF Regular

09-14-2009, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTJ View Post
I'm putting myself on a pretty strict diet for a little while to knock off the pounds I gained when I visited America for a few months. I do pretty well cooking healthily for myself, but when I'm out and I need a snack, where should I turn? Keep in mind I have a VICIOUS sweet tooth, as well.

So what's the deal with calorie mate? It seems like a supplement. Is it good for anything?
Lol! America will do that to you. There's a reason I have to keep exercising, I can't give up the foods!

I'd say snack little but often. It keeps your metabolism up and keeps you satisfied. Just be careful with high sugar fruits like grapes, bananas, pineapple, etc. They may satisfy a sweet tooth, but that's for good reason.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
GTJ (Offline)
Defeater of Weaboos

Send a message via Skype™ to GTJ
09-14-2009, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
It helps tons to just pay attention to what you`re eating. The very act of thinking about stuff before you eat it, and remembering what you`ve eaten each day has been shown to have a huge positive effect in losing weight.
Yeah well that requires attentiveness and discipline. Come on

Well, writing things down is in a way paying attention. When I'm about to go to the combini to buy some youko (I'm so mad I found that stuff), I'll look at my memo and see, hey, I already had this much today, no more. Or something to that effect.

At least it's being mindful

@Icewind Dude: Thanks for chiming in! Yeah I'm familiar with the theory of eating small amounts often to keep you satisfied as well as keeping your metabolism burning. I'm not sure how true it is... what do you think? Scientifically it makes sense and I know many people who subscribe to the methodology.

光る物全て金ならず。
なんてしつけいいこいいけつしてんな。
(#13 (permalink))
Old
trunker (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-14-2009, 03:20 PM

you could do an eating in osaka diary type thread.

people will find it interesting, plus peer pressure will help :P
(#14 (permalink))
Old
greco1121 (Offline)
New to JF

Calorie Mate - 01-27-2010, 09:34 PM

is it possable anyone here could mail me a calori mate??

because i have been wantring to try one for years

TOKYO