View Poll Results:
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#131 (permalink))
Old
dragonrazor (Offline)
that guy in your dreams

Send a message via AIM to dragonrazor Send a message via MSN to dragonrazor Send a message via Yahoo to dragonrazor
03-27-2007, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riku8 View Post
I will honestly say that I also thought it was raw as I've had it before and well as you said common misconception, could you elaborate on the meaning of seared please?
well, basically, it's partially cooked...they put it in a very hot pan, cooking the outside, but not the inside. it heats it up enough to kill any bacteria and germs and stuff, but not enough to turn it white like most fish is, or dark like beef, or whatever's in it

"If we have to dance to the strings of an unseen force, that makes us no better than Zio" Chaz Ashley (not sure japanese name) Phantasy Star: End of the Millenium
(#132 (permalink))
Old
pandayanyan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to pandayanyan Send a message via MSN to pandayanyan
03-27-2007, 04:11 PM

Im not Japanese ... I love sushi... in fact I make it all the time at home.
(#133 (permalink))
Old
Riku8 (Offline)
C.E.L.L

03-27-2007, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonrazor View Post
well, basically, it's partially cooked...they put it in a very hot pan, cooking the outside, but not the inside. it heats it up enough to kill any bacteria and germs and stuff, but not enough to turn it white like most fish is, or dark like beef, or whatever's in it
Ah right makes sense thanks, but do they leave it a while before serving because the sushi I've had gave the impression of raw fish because of it being cold and the smell

(#134 (permalink))
Old
dragonrazor (Offline)
that guy in your dreams

Send a message via AIM to dragonrazor Send a message via MSN to dragonrazor Send a message via Yahoo to dragonrazor
03-27-2007, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riku8 View Post
Ah right makes sense thanks, but do they leave it a while before serving because the sushi I've had gave the impression of raw fish because of it being cold and the smell
that i'm not sure of...i've never actually eaten it, or prepared it...

but since most places i've seen on tv serve it right in front of you, it may be the fish or the place that served it

"If we have to dance to the strings of an unseen force, that makes us no better than Zio" Chaz Ashley (not sure japanese name) Phantasy Star: End of the Millenium
(#135 (permalink))
Old
pandayanyan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to pandayanyan Send a message via MSN to pandayanyan
03-27-2007, 06:03 PM

Usually it is served in front of you but it doesnt have to be. If you are to try Sushi DO NOT eat it at a buffet or fast food place... go to an actual sushi place. Or you can make it yourself. It is very easy to make and fun to eat. You can buy a book at barnes and noble for like 10 bucks that has 20 or so recipes for it in there.... everything from spicy tuna to california rolls. Other than that I would say just have fun and try something new!
(#136 (permalink))
Old
Ayame90 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-27-2007, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moocow49 View Post
Why do so many non-Japanese (at least Americans) have problems with sushi? For some reason I get a feeling that it's beyond the fact that sushi is raw. I don't know why. This may sound like a stupid question, but I just wanted to hear some thoughts.
I don't, i love sushi. (i'm american)

The pic added goes to the ones whose ideas are in a box, to the ones who don't give respect to the one who doesn't fit in that box, stereotying one as I am. You'll soon learn your mistake in not getting the chance, because of Your Error to get to know as others have gotten to know, love, respect, and appreciate me for who I am and not for what you aim to make me.

あしゅり
のえる
(#137 (permalink))
Old
Shinkuhinata (Offline)
New to JF

03-27-2007, 07:54 PM

I like it, just not avidly, i have to eat it in little bits ^^

(#138 (permalink))
Old
moocow49 (Offline)
Banned

03-27-2007, 08:33 PM

I just eat sushi by hand, Shoving and chewing one piece by another.
(#139 (permalink))
Old
moocow49 (Offline)
Banned

03-27-2007, 08:55 PM

I just eat sushi by hand, Shoving and chewing one piece by another.
(#140 (permalink))
Old
RyuuTaizen (Offline)
New to JF

03-28-2007, 04:58 AM

I love sushi but not at first. It really depends on the way its made. If it's cheap, then it will taste cheap. But I can't get enough of it. I agree that too many people mistaken all sushi to be raw. Just because it is cold, doesn't mean that it's raw.