JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
SpectralHarlequin (Offline)
New to JF

Radicals - 06-26-2008, 11:46 AM

In the beginning of my Kanji & Kana book (W. Hadamitzky and M. Spahn) it lists 79 radicals. Do each have their own pronunciations and meanings? If so, where can I study them (a.k.a. through a website)? I've been wondering about this for quite some time but was ashamed to ask. I thought that if I studied the radicals I would better understand the kanji. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

~ S.A.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
VampireGirl1314 (Offline)
~I cant leave you~

Location: Japan 日本国, Jk Jk I live in Mexicali Mexico Baja California.
Send a message via MSN to VampireGirl1314 Send a message via Yahoo to VampireGirl1314 Send a message via Skype™ to VampireGirl1314
06-26-2008, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralHarlequin View Post
In the beginning of my Kanji & Kana book (W. Hadamitzky and M. Spahn) it lists 79 radicals. Do each have their own pronunciations and meanings? If so, where can I study them (a.k.a. through a website)? I've been wondering about this for quite some time but was ashamed to ask. I thought that if I studied the radicals I would better understand the kanji. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

~ S.A.
well i cant promise that this will help but i would google it online and find the website that is the only thing i can think of sorry if it doesnt help.>^_^<

I could never be happier.
I found my missing piece and i know he wont leave me.
song by simple plan.
+{Member of the Crusnik Clan--Crusnik 04}+
+{Codename: Abel}+
I'm sorry for acting like this...
(#3 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-26-2008, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralHarlequin View Post

~ S.A.
Studying and memorizing radicals is like sudying and memorizing greek and latin roots in English. It is very helpful in the long term, but not really recommended if you are just starting out. I mean if you have the time, great, but isn't the most efficient way if you really are a true beginner.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
timelesssymphony (Offline)
なんでやねん?

Send a message via AIM to timelesssymphony
06-27-2008, 02:16 AM

radicals help with grouping and learning new kanji but aren't must know especially for a beginner like MMM said