(#21 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
07-08-2008, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrocka83 View Post
The number of possible characters is disputed. The "Daikanwa Jiten" contains about 50,000 characters, and this was thought to be comprehensive, but more recent mainland Chinese dictionaries contain 80,000 or more characters, many consisting of obscure variants. Most of these are not in common use in either Japan or China. So 130,000 Charecters..

I'm sorry, I was off by 20,000. My bad .
Assuming that a regular Japanese person knows all the Kanji presented in a dictionary (that happens to specialize in obscure Kanji) is pretty close to assuming that any native English speaker knows every word covered in the biggest English dictionaries.
It`s simply not true. If it were, then passing the top Kanji Kentei wouldn`t be such a huge deal. (at 5 or 6000)

You can go on forever about how many Kanji have ever been used, and it`s likely an infinite number as writers in the past have even been known to make ones up to cover ideas they felt weren`t covered well enough with the existing set. But that doesn`t mean it ever appears outside of that one publication, and it certainly doesn`t mean anyone today can read any of them.

Most Japanese don`t even know all the Joyo to read them, let alone write them.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

07-08-2008, 02:51 AM

Quote:
あなたの源を提供しなさい。 日本の文化的なおよび言語で修士号がある人と論争しな いか。

それは主題にちょうど加えたらよりよい。 むしろトロールである。 これに応答を送り返すことができ

れば。 それから私は少しを点与える。 しかしそうでなかったら、あなたの愚か。 ハハ

残念ながら、家の夫は4年間文語・漢文を勉強していま た。私は日本の大学で日本の言語学の勉強をしていました。言語学者なのですよ。 本棚に数え切れないほどの言語関係の本が並んでいます 。
私はどっちを信じる?大学の教師と大学のテキスト・・ ・もしくはネットの誰か・・・? 答えは簡単だと思い す。

何も分からないで適当に言ってるわけではありません。 プライドに傷ついたのでしょうか? だが、正しくない のなら正しくないのですよ。 たぶん「どうせ日本語分 からないから俺が勝ちになる、ウフフ」と思ったんだろ うけど・・・ 誰が愚かなのでしょうね~♪ 

ETA; In other words, not everyone on here is just spouting off random things as fact.

(#23 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-08-2008, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
残念ながら、家の夫は4年間文語・漢文を勉強していま た。私は日本の大学で日本の言語学の勉強をしていました。言語学者なのですよ。 本棚に数え切れないほどの言語関係の本が並んでいます 。

何も分からないで適当に言ってるわけではありません。 プライドに傷ついたのでしょうか? だが、正しくない のなら正しくないのですよ。 たぶん「どうせ日本語分 からないから俺が勝ちになる、ウフフ」と思ったんだろ うけど・・・ 誰が愚かなのでしょうね~♪ 

ETA; In other words, not everyone on here is just spouting off random things as fact.
さすがNyororinです。
(#24 (permalink))
Old
jrocka83 (Offline)
Gaikokujin

Send a message via Yahoo to jrocka83 Send a message via Skype™ to jrocka83
07-08-2008, 06:07 AM

Quote:

Oh trust me you didn't come anywhere near my pride . Rather I think it was your pride that felt you should come after me, becuase you felt my claims are faulty. I am only giving information, based off of what I learned in school, and from living here in Japan. But congradulations. You passed my little test .
To see if you are real are not.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
07-08-2008, 06:16 AM

Nyororinさんは凄いですね。。。

Yeah, yeah, tacky, I know. ^^;
(#26 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-08-2008, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Oh trust me you didn't come anywhere near my pride . Rather I think it was your pride that felt you should come after me, becuase you felt my claims are faulty. I am only giving information, based off of what I learned in school, and from living here in Japan. But congradulations. You passed my little test .
To see if you are real are not.
Wouldn't you have reacted the same to:

しかしそうでなかったら、あなたの愚か。 ハハ

Not everyone here is fanboys. Some of us actually know what we are talking about.
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

07-08-2008, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post

しかしそうでなかったら、あなたの愚か。 ハハ

Not everyone here is fanboys. Some of us actually know what we are talking about.
I actually found that bit quite funny. I`d feel a whole lot more threatened if his Japanese didn`t sound so downright unnatural. 愚か is an adjective - not a noun. To add - 「源」ってなんぞや~泉の話じゃないでしょうが。 およびの前に「な」っておかしいですよぉ などなど

I usually don`t comment on someone`s Japanese skill, as no one is perfect and we all make mistakes. However, you were trying to show off, so I don`t think that really applies.

Just admit you were wrong, and that you thought you could make yourself look cool by pulling some Japanese spiel out of your hat.

(#28 (permalink))
Old
jrocka83 (Offline)
Gaikokujin

07-08-2008, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post

しかしそうでなかったら、あなたの愚か。 ハハ

I wouldn't react the same way. That was the type of reaction, that I expect from a JET ELT, who has nothing better to do than sit around and bullshit at home.

Im sorry, did I hurt feelings? I'm sure most of you know what are you talking about. I know things you don't and you know things I don't know. That is why we have forums.

But, every forum I have been on there are always the people who think there the the Bag of Doritos. The types that think have all the facts, and all there pawns, and everyone elses opinion and knowledge is just bullshit.

I wouldn't come here if there was nothing for me to learn. I can back myself up with facts, but I choose not to. Its a waste of time. Take or leave it. I dont give a shit.

I'd rather just get into a good discussion, rather then sit at the computer, and play who knows more games with people I don't even know.

I much rather network and become friends with other people in Japan like myself, then to have flame wars with people in the states.
(#29 (permalink))
Old
jrocka83 (Offline)
Gaikokujin

07-08-2008, 07:19 AM

Quote:
I actually found that bit quite funny. I`d feel a whole lot more threatened if his Japanese didn`t sound so downright unnatural. 愚か is an adjective - not a noun. To add - 「源」ってなんぞや~泉の話じゃないでしょうが。 およびの前に「な」っておかしいですよぉ などなど

I usually don`t comment on someone`s Japanese skill, as no one is perfect and we all make mistakes. However, you were trying to show off, so I don`t think that really applies.

Just admit you were wrong, and that you thought you could make yourself look cool by pulling some Japanese spiel out of your hat.
Why dont you just back off. This is Japan Forum is it not. Also I am not wereing a hat .
(#30 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

07-08-2008, 07:21 AM

Quote:
I wouldn't react the same way. That was the type of reaction, that I expect from a JET ELT, who has nothing better to do than sit around and bullshit at home.
I`m certainly not a JET, and I went to work between my Japanese reply and my reply to MMM. I replied to your message because of something you yourself point out below; THIS.

Quote:
But, every forum I have been on there are always the people who think there the the Bag of Doritos. The types that think have all the facts, and all there pawns, and everyone elses opinion and knowledge is just bullshit.
You sure sounded like one of those types, which happen to be one of my pet peeves.

Quote:
I much rather network and become friends with other people in Japan like myself, then to have flame wars with people in the states.
Last time I checked, I didn`t live in the states. Check my location. It`s accurate.