JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
DragonShade (Offline)
美魚さんは白鳥な

Any JLPT book? - 08-22-2008, 06:14 AM

I am interested in study abroad in Japan, I might take the JLPT in 3 years, Anybody got some good prep books on this? (And, do I have to take level 4,3,2,1 in order or I just jump to the one I want)

白鳥は哀しからずや、空の青、うみのあをにも、染まず ただよふ。 
美魚さんは白鳥、僕は青、ぼくらは交わらない

My Anime List

Chara Listing XD
(#2 (permalink))
Old
OsakaPapa (Offline)
I <3 Osaka

Send a message via AIM to OsakaPapa
08-22-2008, 06:44 AM

You can jump right to the one you want I'm doing the JLPT 3 in New York this year, and I've never done 4.

In terms of preparing for it, one of the best things I can recommend is to download old JTPT tests from previous years. While the questions won't be the same, it'll give you a really good indicator on how you measure up to that level I tried to search but I had a hard time finding them @_@ but they are out there, I promise!

I did stumble across this though: http://www.manythings.org/japanese/v...pt3-adj-i.html

Also, if you have a facebook, start using the application called Kanji Box. You select the level of the JLPT you're going for, and it'll quiz you on tons of kanji/vocab you need to know. It's great!

なんでやねん

- Studied in Tokyo for my 2007 Spring Semester. Lived in Ota-ku in the Ontakesan area. Pics can be found on my Facebook. Feel free to add me ^_^
(#3 (permalink))
Old
OsakaPapa (Offline)
I <3 Osaka

Send a message via AIM to OsakaPapa
08-22-2008, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonShade View Post
I am interested in study abroad in Japan, I might take the JLPT in 3 years, Anybody got some good prep books on this? (And, do I have to take level 4,3,2,1 in order or I just jump to the one I want)
You can jump right to the one you want I'm doing the JLPT 3 in New York this year, and I've never done 4.

In terms of preparing for it, one of the best things I can recommend is to download old JTPT tests from previous years. While the questions won't be the same, it'll give you a really good indicator on how you measure up to that level I tried to search but I had a hard time finding them @_@ but they are out there, I promise!

I did stumble across this though: http://www.manythings.org/japanese/v...pt3-adj-i.html

Also, if you have a facebook, start using the application called Kanji Box. You select the level of the JLPT you're going for, and it'll quiz you on tons of kanji/vocab you need to know. It's great!

なんでやねん

- Studied in Tokyo for my 2007 Spring Semester. Lived in Ota-ku in the Ontakesan area. Pics can be found on my Facebook. Feel free to add me ^_^
(#4 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
08-22-2008, 07:39 AM

I'm studying for level 3 too, since I feel that level 4 would be too easy. It's like I'm in between. I'll probably end up taking it in Georgetown, since it's closest to me, but I still haven't registered yet. Yesterday, I studied my level 3 grammar and Kanji for four hours straight. I plan on doing the same again today up until December. I'm going to be dreaming Japanese at the rate I'm going. lol

Seems that from the practice test I took on the site, my weak point was definitely the vocabulary/writing section. I'm so-so with grammar, as I can usually figure out stuff based on the context, but it could be better. I still take too long, in my opinion, to answer.

The kanji in the level 4 test was semi-easy, but looking over the level 3 one, I need to study that more too, so I have level 3/4 Kanji flashcards. I even have a text filled with grammar rules and such expected to be on the level 3 test that I got off of Amazon.com.

Like it was already mentioned, it'd probably just help to look up old tests and practice with those. I should do that as well.

I just hope they have an answer key to make checking the answers much easier.

There were some resources mentioned in this thread...

Japanese Language Proficiency Test
(#5 (permalink))
Old
DragonShade (Offline)
美魚さんは白鳥な

08-23-2008, 06:36 AM

I am planning to study some more, and get Level 1 directly (there's still 3 years left for me to do so ) ,I actually learn from visual novel *Embarassing to say* I think listening is the hardest part for me , since my vocab is just so limited. But anyway Thanks~ *Just checked the official site, looks like there's 5 levels now*

白鳥は哀しからずや、空の青、うみのあをにも、染まず ただよふ。 
美魚さんは白鳥、僕は青、ぼくらは交わらない

My Anime List

Chara Listing XD

Last edited by DragonShade : 08-23-2008 at 06:47 AM.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Befron (Offline)
JF Regular

12-14-2008, 07:35 AM

Here's a couple of the questions

JLPT Sample Questions | What is the JLPT? | The Japanese-Language Proficiency Test (JLPT)

Hey folks, if you're a Japanese speaker, and willing to help me please contact anytime on AIM:

jakeofcanadia

Even if you're not too good, I am not either and it would be fun to learn from each other.