JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
FukaiBi (Offline)
New to JF

Need Help Please!! - 09-30-2008, 07:10 AM

I am 100% dedicated to learning japanese...only my school doesnt teach it so I have to rely on myself and the internet. I have been studying japanese but only since last year so I only know some words here and there! So does anyone have any advice? I mean I don't understand the sentence structure and stuff like that HELP PLEASE!!!

Last edited by FukaiBi : 09-30-2008 at 07:31 AM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
OsakaPapa (Offline)
I <3 Osaka

Send a message via AIM to OsakaPapa
09-30-2008, 07:29 AM

Buy yourself the Genki language textbook. It's the best Japanese textbook out there in my opinion, and take it from there.

なんでやねん

- Studied in Tokyo for my 2007 Spring Semester. Lived in Ota-ku in the Ontakesan area. Pics can be found on my Facebook. Feel free to add me ^_^
(#3 (permalink))
Old
FukaiBi (Offline)
New to JF

09-30-2008, 07:34 AM

Okay Thanx I'll have to look into that! How long have you been studying japanese & how hard do "You" think it is?
(#4 (permalink))
Old
enyafriend (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-30-2008, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FukaiBi View Post
I am 100% dedicated to learning japanese...only my school doesnt teach it so I have to rely on myself and the internet. I have been studying japanese but only since last year so I only know some words here and there! So does anyone have any advice? I mean I don't understand the sentence structure and stuff like that HELP PLEASE!!!
You're new to the forum and you're 100% dedicated.

Well, I guess you wouldn't mind spending a little effort in searching across the forum for what you are looking for. The resources and all are everywhere here. All you have to do is reach out to the right thread.

Go on...you're 100% dedicated aren't you? Go!Go!Go!

Hokkaido e ikitai........
(#5 (permalink))
Old
kaelazors (Offline)
おっす!

09-30-2008, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OsakaPapa View Post
Buy yourself the Genki language textbook. It's the best Japanese textbook out there in my opinion, and take it from there.
i have to agree. i'm using this book in school right now and it's great

hello kitty clan leader
anime romance clan delegate

バスガス爆発ブスバスガイド ;]
(#6 (permalink))
Old
FukaiBi (Offline)
New to JF

Need Help Please!! - 10-01-2008, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enyafriend View Post
You're new to the forum and you're 100% dedicated.

Well, I guess you wouldn't mind spending a little effort in searching across the forum for what you are looking for. The resources and all are everywhere here. All you have to do is reach out to the right thread.

Go on...you're 100% dedicated aren't you? Go!Go!Go!
OK That's not much help i'm looking for actual resources....you know as in ACTUAL NAMES, SCHOOLS, TEACHERS, & SO ON
I mean anyone can tell me 2 look on a thread but that's no help. but nvm Someone told me about a great teacher.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."

The words of Winston Churchill
(#7 (permalink))
Old
filiadragongurl (Offline)
Japan Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to filiadragongurl
10-01-2008, 10:50 PM

I personally think Genki is silly, but I guess it's okay if you want to learn teenager Japanese... I just think it's a bad way to *start* learning as once you're grown up, if you want a job in Japan or doing anything professionally with Japanese, sounding like a teenager is *NOT* going to help. Plus, Genki seems more like... random situations that you probably aren't going to end up in often... I mean how many times can you give John a sweater for Valentine's Day! ^_^;

I started Japanese with a textbook called "Japanese The Spoken Language" by Mari Noda and Eleanor Jordan. This starts you out with formal Japanese and things you would need in situations that will often occur in regular life and in the work place.

Even if that particular book is not what you want to start with, I do suggest starting with more formal Japanese and something with a good grammer basis. Good luck^_^
(#8 (permalink))
Old
FukaiBi (Offline)
New to JF

Omg Thanx!! - 10-03-2008, 07:18 PM

Lol thanx... that would suck if I got that book!! my mom would be pissed if she had to buy me another book.... i mean i already have 3 LMAO!!

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."

The words of Winston Churchill