Send a message via Skype™ to Tangram
11-06-2008, 03:44 AM

I registered with the address eleat.yo@gmail.com
(#12 (permalink))
Old
dougbrowne (Offline)
JF Regular

11-06-2008, 03:51 AM

Okay =), your added in as an author. for now you can just wait until we gather more people so we can start working together, look around find your way around figure out how to make a blog post, and if you want post an introduction, in english, 日本語, or half-an-half, what ever makes you feel confortable ;-).
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Yuna7780 (Offline)
I'm Missh Yuna! ♥

11-06-2008, 03:52 AM

This sounds like an awesome idea. The only problem I'd find in this is there needs to be somebody who is fluent or really good at Japanese to nit-pick more errors.

New people would need somebody who knows more to help.

You guys should join:
The Japanese Page | TheJapanesePage.com

It's been greatly improved than what it was on the old server and you can post blogs there. I think it'd be a lot easier to become a member on a larger website with more knowledgable people to answer questions.

My account name is "Hatori" if you're interested, and it's a really great community.

Thanks for reading!
~Yuna7780

Last edited by Yuna7780 : 11-06-2008 at 03:52 AM. Reason: added more, spelling error
(#14 (permalink))
Old
dougbrowne (Offline)
JF Regular

Hm - 11-06-2008, 04:02 AM

Hmm, well, I dunno. I thought of this as more of a small project with maybe 5-8 people involved, I don't really see too much of a need to use the website you mentioned. A Native speaker would be nice to have but not necessarily a necessity, as it's less about nit-picking and more about increasing our vocabulary, and stuff. Since we are all learning one way of another we can share the things we have learned using our own resources for example, I use Rosetta Stone.

It's always an option though, keep in touch and join the blog if you like.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Yuna7780 (Offline)
I'm Missh Yuna! ♥

11-06-2008, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougbrowne View Post
It's always an option though, keep in touch and join the blog if you like.
I would like to join this blog circle, but I don't have much time to teach myself and post blogs. I'll see what I can do, but lately I've been wanting to start learning again.

I'll contemplate this for a bit.

Thanks for reading!
~Yuna7780
(#16 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

11-06-2008, 06:57 AM

I'd love to join! Again, I'm only a beginner but it probably help me improve if I could do this.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
kremost (Offline)
New to JF

11-06-2008, 09:24 PM

Hey, well I'm glad to see that a bunch of you are interested!

For those of you who are beginners in Japanese, if you are going to type using Japanese script, I recommend that you stick to hiragana as opposed to using the kanji that is automatically generated when you type, as this may mislead you. We can have themes where we'll write about a certain subject every week, and as such improve our vocabulary in that area too.

Hm.. seems that everyone is a beginner though, which is good and I'm glad you guys are motivated... but it would be nice to get a mix of levels... I've been learning Japanese for a while so don't want to type stuff that no one will understand...

I have a wordpress account, the username is ifucsd and my email's ---

Looking forward to getting this started, and thanks doug for starting the blog!

Last edited by kremost : 12-16-2008 at 07:00 AM. Reason: removed email ad because i've been getting spam!
(#18 (permalink))
Old
dougbrowne (Offline)
JF Regular

11-06-2008, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kremost View Post
Hey, well I'm glad to see that a bunch of you are interested!

For those of you who are beginners in Japanese, if you are going to type using Japanese script, I recommend that you stick to hiragana as opposed to using the kanji that is automatically generated when you type, as this may mislead you. We can have themes where we'll write about a certain subject every week, and as such improve our vocabulary in that area too.

Hm.. seems that everyone is a beginner though, which is good and I'm glad you guys are motivated... but it would be nice to get a mix of levels... I've been learning Japanese for a while so don't want to type stuff that no one will understand...

I have a wordpress account, the username is ifucsd and my email's sonjadale@gmail.com

Looking forward to getting this started, and thanks doug for starting the blog!
Alright, Sounds great, I added you in.

Also @MissMisa Instead of just saying you want in, just register an account and post the email. Actions speak louder then words =)
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Mikatee (Offline)
New to JF

11-06-2008, 10:07 PM

Great idea, I'd like to join it ^__^ I'm learning Japanese more than one year, on course with native speaker, so I think I can help
But I'm worry about my poor English..^^'

揺り籠が一つあった
揺り籠に一つがあった
一つは二つになった
揺り籠は一つ霧に紛れて星一つ
墓場で揺れて消えてくよ ... BANG!
(#20 (permalink))
Old
dougbrowne (Offline)
JF Regular

11-06-2008, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikatee View Post
Great idea, I'd like to join it ^__^ I'm learning Japanese more than one year, on course with native speaker, so I think I can help
But I'm worry about my poor English..^^'
はじめましてみかてえ。

Again, actions speak louder then words! Instead of telling me, go register an account and post your email =)